NAF Logo
leftstar Sep 27, 2024 - 10:13 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Broken Neck! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NomadikOffline
Post subject: Pitch Squares to Range Ruler Ratio  PostPosted: Jul 29, 2005 - 03:45 PM

Hi,
Im building a pitch to play Blood Bowl. Actually I done designing in, and Ill be printing it at Kinkos tomorrow, along with a transparency of the range ruler, which Ill glue to a harder plastic later on.

Well my question regards the size of the Range Ruler. I dont have one with me, so I was wondering what the size was in terms of squares on the field. Is each quarter of the Range Ruler 4 squares? Thats what I figured, but I could be wrong.

Also, when Im done, Ill post the file of the field so people can make their own, along with the range ruler file to match the field.

Thanks for all the help you can give.

Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 29, 2005 - 06:30 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Nice pitch. Do a search about the range ruler I'm sure its been answered quite recently.

TojurubOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 30, 2005 - 02:30 AM

Germany
the red/black start square with a hole in the middle is roughly 1 square.
the quick pass range is 3.5 squares long as well as the short pass and the long pass. The long bomb range is 2.75 squares.

The weird thing is, all these ranges are not exactly half, three-quarter or full square length, they are always a tad bit shorter.....drove me nuts when I had to create one ruler for my extra-large pitch.

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

NomadikOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 30, 2005 - 03:12 AM

Well I did some measuring, found some stats online and did some more work. My pitch is almost exactly the same size as the original(just a few mm difference at most), so a standard range ruler will work. I found the size of the range ruler too, so I can make my own.

So for those of you interested in making your own, here's a zipped EPS file for you. Most programs like Illustrator, Photoshop, etc can open it, if you are unfamiliar with the filetype.
http://www.jesseacosta.net/files/pitch.zip

It contains all the tick marks for the squares, and the white lines of the field. All you would have to do is place this as a layer above your own design, and viola... If you have a question about the file, feel free to ask.

By the way, thanks for your help!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic