NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 04:08 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Dead! Dead! Dead! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GalakStarscraperOffline
30 Post subject: Dungeonbowl 2006  PostPosted: Aug 28, 2005 - 02:26 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Woody!!!!

Okay ... this is not a chicken little thing ... but we might be quickly approaching a time when the NAF has to take over the Majors.

This was just posted by Traveller over at TBB just today:

Quote:
I met Andre from GW, too. And he told me, he isnt sure, if there will be a DungeonBowl 2006 ! GW seems cutting the support of BB again a bit... argh... maybe the NAF can take over this tournament to keep it here ? Well, anyway, nothing is sure yet.

Now with the Dungeonbowl having 98 players last year ... I have NO idea how this could be a finanical burden on GW-Germany to run. If it is because they are feeding folks ... tell them to stop including meals with the ticket prices and sell food independently (or like the Chaos Cup (not at all)). A 98 person event should either EASILY be breaking even or making money.

I'm making sure the Chaos Cup happens this year so NAF doesn't need to worry about that ... but I have a feeling that the President's job will very soon be working with GW to keep the majors running. I'd also love it if we could work with GW-Australia to get them to run an event as well.

A piece of me has to believe that when they see the attendance of such things ... that they'll know that there is still interest in the game.

Galak

Reply with quote Back to top
Jake McDeathOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 29, 2005 - 09:31 AM

That was pretty fast galak but it´s a lame duck ... take a look on the original topic a TBB - only a misunderstanding between Traveler and me! It was a personal thought of mine lacking fact or even internal rumors just my private small evaluation of the current situation ... nothing more ... nothing important ... btw. I´m surprised how fast someone can create a worldwide rumor .... I´m famous now:)

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 29, 2005 - 10:57 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Good .. Very Happy

I'd rather it be that than anything else. I jumped on this because history is showing us that proaction on these types of things yields results. There almost was not a Chaos Cup in 2004 and quick action made sure that there was.

Thanks Andre for the post.

Galak

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic