NAF Logo
leftstar Sep 27, 2024 - 10:14 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
I got my eye on you. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SteelThunderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 05, 2005 - 10:26 PM

United States of America
The Drug-Runners is a good team name. It's fun and simple. In our local league we also tried to keep team names to the BB/Fantasy world locales. My Dwarfs hail from the Black Fire Mountains, in Black Fire Pass...thus are called the Black Fire Pass Blitzers.

Oddley enough, we had a skaven team who named his players after Frank Sinatra's "ratpack", and named them the Crookback Ratpack. He even had an albino thower named "Skank Sinatra"--or "Old Red Eyes". And such names as Dean Varmint, ect.

Go with what you want, but I do like the Hampsterdam name, it's rather funny.

NAF#2583

Reply with quote Back to top
KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 06, 2005 - 07:48 AM

Undisclosed
How about the ..

HAMPSTERDAM DUNG-RUNNERS

NAF Member #5236
---

Igor_TahavanaleOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 09, 2005 - 12:49 PM

Worcestershire
Another traditionalist here. Prefer place names or something related to a person. To the Skaven issue..... mine are the "Storm~Peak PlagueRats". They're a theme team, 'cos I think that's always nice. They are all named with a cheese as the first name and something Skaven-y as the second. (Cheddar Stinkwhisker, Brie Vilearm, Haloumi Festerclaw etc)

I prefer short names, but then my Halfling team is called "the Mighty Mighty Mighty Marvelous Munchkin Midgets of Middenheim", so I guess I'm a hypocrite.

At the end of the day it's your team, and what ever you think you like is generally good enough... unless it makes people look at you as if you'd told them that you just watched someone shoot your puppy with a nail-gun... if that happens then change it.

ShepherdOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 10, 2005 - 06:26 AM

Igor_Tahavanale wrote:
unless it makes people look at you as if you'd told them that you just watched someone shoot your puppy with a nail-gun... if that happens then change it.

I guess my "I Watched Someone Shoot My Puppy With A Nail Gun" team name suggestion is no good, then.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 10, 2005 - 09:10 AM

Canada
... guess you will have to go with the kitten and the rotary sander then.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 10, 2005 - 10:32 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Igor_Tahavanale wrote:
Another traditionalist here. Prefer place names or something related to a person. To the Skaven issue..... mine are the "Storm~Peak PlagueRats"

I prefer short names, but then my Halfling team is called "the Mighty Mighty Mighty Marvelous Munchkin Midgets of Middenheim", so I guess I'm a hypocrite.

Well as stated before a Skaven name I still use is the "Hell Pit Wild-Rats" its got a theme, they are from Hell Pit, (Hell Pit is where Rat Ogres & other Vile Clan Moulder creations are spawned) Rat Ogres suffer from Wild Anaimal. So with that in mind you see why I chose WILD-Rats. They are obviously Rats that just hapen to be from a very Wild place.

As far as your Halfing team name goes, I think Halflings are probably the best race for creating campy names (possibly Gobbos as well).

My Halfling team is the "Happy Valley Berry Boys" & a Gobbo team name I have used is the "Bog City Gobstoppers".

Rod.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic