NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 01:52 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
You will re-roll a one. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KhaineOffline
Post subject: Pro Elf Team Purchases...  PostPosted: Sep 12, 2005 - 08:33 AM

So I had my first league game with my new pro elf team, and I have to say I was rather impressed with how easy it was to play a speedy agillity 4 team. Assists were much easier to get and were alot more effective in the game over all, no worries about 2-3 turns to pick up the ball like I have with khemri, and all in all I gave better then I received <3-2 score 3-2 casualties against a rookie skaven team>. My concern for the next game is I will have one line elf MNG, and I have 60k in the treasury, and I am trying to decide on buying another line elf, or an apothacary and a cheerleader <cheerleaders add 10k to your winning in this league>. Normally I would automatically buy an apothacary, but I know my opponent is a good player and I don't know if starting with a 10 elf squad would be a huge disadvantage or not... Any sugestions? MY squad looks like this BTW.

1 Catcher with block,
2 blitzers
1 thrower
7 line elves with one MNG.
2 rr
10ff

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 13, 2005 - 06:03 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Can you buy 6 cheerleaders for 60k?

If not take the apoth and 1 cheerleader. The apoth really will help because if you don't take him you can guarantee someone will die (probably the catcher).

dmchaleOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 13, 2005 - 08:08 AM

cheerleaders give an automatic +10k to winnings?

broken, broken, broken. every cheerleader pays for herself after only a single game, and after that each successive game is pure profit. the teams that win the league will be the teams who have good starts, can purchase cheerleaders early, and continue to re-invest their winnings in cheerleaders. these teams will race to further RR's, big guys, and repeated freeboots of stars late in the league, securing their lock on the other teams. There's no way I would personally play with that rule.

Anyway, now that I've gotten that off my chest... buy the apo, you cant afford to lose any players. and elves tend to do ok playing man-down, dont worry about it too much.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 13, 2005 - 10:50 AM

Canada
Maybe any number of cheerleaders gives a 10K bonus?

Otherwise as you say: broken, broken, broken!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

dmchaleOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 14, 2005 - 07:53 AM

Spazzfist wrote:
Maybe any number of cheerleaders gives a 10K bonus?

Ah, could be. If that's the case I reneg my previous rant.

Otherwise... broken broken broken Twisted Evil Laughing

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 14, 2005 - 05:14 PM

ROFL Well I'd tend to agree but as it is a VERY short league, the extra money helps get player on the team. The league is going to be 6-8 games to do away with the hassle of holiday schedule. I was tempted to buy 3 Cheerleaders and save the rest for purchasing an apothacary the next game then I would basically be guaranteed enough to buy at least the apothacary.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic