NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 09:33 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Waterbowl are the world champions! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 29, 2005 - 08:18 AM

WOW remind me to never look at the vault. I can't believes the BBRC is further cutting the balls off of the game I love. Sigh. I guess they are moving towards a hasbro or matel friendly game. Evil or Very Mad Oh well I guess in 2007 I can play blood bowl with my 3 year old and since the players will be hitting each other with nerf bats it won't matter Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 29, 2005 - 09:20 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Doubleskulls wrote:
This is an old conversation that would be better off on either TBB or the GW site.

Why?

Sad I like keeping this a nice civil place where people aren't getting all upset by the vault all the time...

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 29, 2005 - 12:31 PM

Yeah I can see why you say that DS. I won't talk about vault stuff anymore.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
ShepherdOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 29, 2005 - 02:57 PM

Narkotic wrote:
I like snotlings/titchy. We had an Ogre team with the current LRB rules in our league. after 20 matches they became so strong that they won every match plus partly destroying the opponent.

After 8 games, that's where the ogres in our current 6-team league are headed. Most now have multiblock and a couple have block. They just eat the other teams.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
carmachuOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 29, 2005 - 06:29 PM

Quote:

5. As already mentioned, these aren???t supposed to be a competitive team but a fun team like Halflings, if you want to win leaugues and tournies, then play Skaven or Undead

I find that to be BS reasoning(or rather a cop out). While I dont expect halflings to be AS competative as main event teams, amking it so there might not even be an outside chance they win is pointless. While I'll reserve judgement to see the final product, I'm not sure I'd take halflings in the current league with the new rules. Making them, and other armies liek ogres, more of a comedy or errors team doesnt sit well.

But I'll wait to see the final product first, to reserve final judgement.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 30, 2005 - 06:01 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Ogres, Halflings & Goblins are supposed to be able to win around 1 game in 3 or 4. If you want to play a more competitive team there are 18 to choose from.

Personnally I really enjoy playing gobbos probably more than any of the tier 1 teams. It means I can shout & gloat about my victories Very Happy and have ready made excuses for when I lose Wink I don't want them to be competitive - I want them to be a challenge.

So fundamentally I think the argument saying all teams should be competitive is rubbish. You've got a huge range of competitive teams - for those of us who want a challenge or just some fun let us have a little bit of variety.

carmachuOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 30, 2005 - 06:26 AM

I dont want them as competative as a normal team, but saying you've only got a 1 in 4 chance of winning isnt good either.

ShepherdOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 30, 2005 - 07:34 AM

carmachu wrote:
I dont want them as competative as a normal team, but saying you've only got a 1 in 4 chance of winning isnt good either.

Well, in a "perfectly balanced" world every team has a 1 in 2 chance of winning any match. So having teams that generally win half as many games as Tier 1 teams seems reasonable to me.

I may play vampires next season, because I think it will be funny. I don't expect to win every game. I don't expect to win ANY game. I think it will be funny. And that's cool.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 30, 2005 - 07:44 AM

I agree that it could be fun to play a less competitive team for one off games, possibly. But it can also be viewed as taking some of the fun away for someone who say likes goblins, ogres, of halflings, who doesn't want to go in with a oh I know I'm going to lose most of my games. If I like a team/model/concept team, I expect to be able to buy the models and not have the team become changed in the next implementation of the rules. Looking at the "new" Khemri rules, I feel like I have wasted hard earned money on a team that after 2007 will be stuck on a shelf to gather dust. There seems to be no real reason to play a team when the only asset is made null and void. Shrug.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 30, 2005 - 08:51 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Khaine wrote:
There seems to be no real reason to play a team when the only asset is made null and void. Shrug.
I have no idea what you are speaking of. The Khemri team in the new rules is the same as the one in the LRB 4.0 and will stay that way.

Galak

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 30, 2005 - 11:42 AM

GalakStarscraper wrote:
      Khaine wrote:
There seems to be no real reason to play a team when the only asset is made null and void. Shrug.
I have no idea what you are speaking of. The Khemri team in the new rules is the same as the one in the LRB 4.0 and will stay that way.

Galak

Hmmm I was under the impression from the GW forum that they were losing General Skill access.... If not then I must have misread.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 30, 2005 - 12:14 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Khaine wrote:
Hmmm I was under the impression from the GW forum that they were losing General Skill access.... If not then I must have misread.
Discussed and rejected. So no they aren't losing General access.

Galak

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 30, 2005 - 12:35 PM

Ahhh ok I reteact my nerf bat statement then. I do however long for the days where deaths were an accepted part of the game and while being a downer was just something you lived with. Heck I have 3 kills in my current league with my PRO ELVES. It is all in how bashy you want to play a given team. Granted, a nice str 4 claw block chaos warrior is probably going to rack up the kills alot easier it doesn't mean that they are the only ones who can Smile.

snew
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 30, 2005 - 01:14 PM

Can I get general back on my Skinks then?

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 30, 2005 - 01:54 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Laughing nice try

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic