NAF Logo
leftstar Sep 27, 2024 - 10:10 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Gentleman, start your chainsaws. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RawMessiahOffline
Post subject: Should GW make a computer game out of BB?  PostPosted: Dec 17, 2005 - 02:21 AM

I was just wondering what you people have been thinking about this idea. Should Games Workshop make a computer game out of BB? where you can play with all the teams; play online; etc. etc.?

I think it would be an awesome game if it got in the right hands.

Reply with quote Back to top
Graf_ArnhelmOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 17, 2005 - 04:47 AM

If the level of attention to detail was similar as in Dawn of War, then I'd be interested. But I'd rather play some kind of action sports game on a console rather than a Player Manager on computer.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 17, 2005 - 06:04 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Between FUMBBL and PBeM and NetBowl ... I think you've got a ton of free options already out there to play with just about anyone in the world.

Galak

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 17, 2005 - 07:31 AM

Canada
GW did make, or at least license a Computer Game of Blood Bowl. It was to say the least a dissapointment.

The graphics were decent, and it had most of the aspects of Blood Bowl, but it was missing teams, it was filled with new star players (many of whome were very overpowering) and the big kicker was that all the players on the team looked alike (it was like every team was made out of those 2nd Ed Plastic Models that came in the box set and Dungeon Bowl)

The real big kicker was that league play was crap (you couldn't build a team from scratch) and there was no SPP advancement.

It would be easy to make a good blood bowl game for the computer, but if you consider the level of priority that Blood Bowl has these days with GW, I wouldn't hold my breath expecting it.

RawMessiahOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 17, 2005 - 10:30 AM

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Between FUMBBL and PBeM and NetBowl ... I think you've got a ton of free options already out there to play with just about anyone in the world.

Galak
Would be nice playing with a 3D-kind of graphic where you could see the different players, scroll around the field, see the ball fly when you kick, etc etc etc. Smile Might sound silly but could be really neat if it got in the right hands.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 17, 2005 - 05:18 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
No one's heard of Chaos League? Its a reasonable BB game.

RawMessiahOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 18, 2005 - 05:25 AM

Doubleskulls wrote:
No one's heard of Chaos League? Its a reasonable BB game.
Haven't heard of it... Smile Have to check it out.

Redeemer31Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 18, 2005 - 08:00 PM

There's a demo out there that you can download.

I tried it myself and I didn't like it. You can play in real-time, which makes it too confusing as you have to click and move all your players, tell them what to do and there are tons of things they can do, like create smokescreens and other stuff I forget. You can opt to just concentrate on just a few of your players but then it feels kind of pointless as the rest of your team just stands there then.

You can play a 'turn-based' way but it's not truly turn-based. What happens is that the game pauses for a few seconds in which you can give your players orders. Then it'll go into real-time where your players will do what you told them to do for a few seconds and then pause again. That method just ends up being all jerky and disorienting for me. Maybe if you practice with it you'll get use to it. I just got tired of it and uninstalled. Smile

CoffinDodgerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 19, 2005 - 04:11 AM

Scotland
Chaos League is about the best 3D BB equivalent unit there is - only played a season so far, but DE kick ass!

BFN

Paul

ValenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 19, 2005 - 05:03 AM

England
I think a BB game along the lines of Football Manager would be cool

PhrollikKOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 20, 2005 - 08:31 AM

Anyone ever played a game called Speed Ball? It was a futuristic sci-fi sport where augmented humans played on a metal pitch and thrashed around this metal ball to score goals.

I think something similar would work for BB, where the game mechanics would be like in EA Sports Ice Hockey games. You take control of one character, run around, block etc. and can then switch between players. Meanwhile the computer controls the rest of the Players.

RawMessiahOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 21, 2005 - 07:25 AM

Speed Ball ruled its day (and still does!) and the good thing about it is that you don't control ONE player, OR play the game in turns, but that you control the player who is closest to the ball. A master piece of a game, if you ask me. Couldn't get enough of it(!).

ValenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 21, 2005 - 07:30 AM

England
Speed Ball was an awesome game and I think the Choas League game is probably the closest to BB and Speed ball but I was after a more management style game where you play the games aswell

AramilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 01, 2006 - 11:46 AM

Undisclosed
      RawMessiah wrote:
Speed Ball ruled its day (and still does!) and the good thing about it is that you don't control ONE player, OR play the game in turns, but that you control the player who is closest to the ball. A master piece of a game, if you ask me. Couldn't get enough of it(!).

A player with that nickname could only be a Speedball fan Very Happy

Go Turbo Hammers! Wink

Have you ever seen the promo about Speeball 2100 on Bitmap Brothers abandoned website? It's great.. but there's no future, sadly, fo the game...
Crying or Very sad
http://www.bitmap-brothers.co.uk/downloads/video-clips/speedball2100/index.htm

fuzzy_spiralOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 01, 2006 - 04:30 PM

I always wanted to see an Official Blood Bowl game using the John Madden engine, as a NFL fan as well, I really think it couuld work.

Anyone who can remember back to the old EA game Mutant League football on the Megadrive will know what I'm talking about.

Going on how in depth Madden 06' was with background , season plots and hooks for players e.t.c a Blood Bowl could be awesome.

Only shame is I think you'd need someone like EA to make the game work, but Blood Bowl hasn't got a big enough draw to create any interest for them.

We can dream though, I suppose.

"I can't believe it Jim, I didn't think the Darkside Sirens would be able to find that much elastic from their protection cups!" "Looks like they have Bob, and now they seem to be throttling the Ratz front line with it"

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic