NAF Logo
leftstar Sep 27, 2024 - 08:22 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Pass action..pick up Nobbla... rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GaussgoatOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 17, 2005 - 07:15 PM

Keene, NH USA

But again, the experimental rules distinctly mention that tournaments, league play, etc, don't have to use star playes, cards, or what not.

It seems to me that the crux of the issue is the 'hard core sim' players vs the 'tounge in cheek squadron'. I personally think that the volatility and ridiculousness of Blood Bowl is what makes it fun. I mean... it's a game about ogres and elves playing football, you know?

I love the random cards, and they don't 'throw off the game' by any means. They are really, really, really expensive, and even huge inducements won't give a crippling benefit by any means. I've never seen anyone win a game from an inducement, and I doubt I ever will.

Bottom line is the game is meant to be flexible, and most leagues play with what they are comfortable with. If you like the wacky stuff, keep it. If not, don't sweat it.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic