NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 30, 2024 - 12:18 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Where would we be without Mungk? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AgentrockOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 10, 2003 - 01:29 PM

By the way...great website!

Reply with quote Back to top
mikeyc222Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 10, 2003 - 01:30 PM

thanks anthony. love the tbbf site btw. i stole your dzn black orc model idea hope you don't mind(unfortunately, mine doesn't hurt ANYONE though).

i like making the handicap table have a bit more bit, but it still doesn't solve what i see as the core problem with it...it still just doesn't allow any "catch up" room. those are good handicaps but you would still need to play ALOT of games to make up the kind of difference that i am down in our league.

AgentrockOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 10, 2003 - 01:34 PM

Yeah, I see your point...you don't gain in leaps and bounds anymore. But on the otherhand, the others that you are trailing behind won't either and in fact their progression will slow down significantly due to the worked in "penalties" for higher team ratings (ageing, loss of money on the winnings chart, etc.).

mikeyc222Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 10, 2003 - 01:38 PM

once again, they get the OPPORTUNITY to progress slower. the team i played last night was 2 points away from me getting a 3rd handicap roll and when it was all said and done their team rating went up ALOT more than mine.

raggabaggaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 10, 2003 - 08:45 PM

i hate the old cards and the revamped ones. they were way to abusive, and could easily turn the tide of a game to the person w/a low team rating. i'm playing in a league now that is using cards and next season we've decided to go w/a modified handicap table very similar to the current rules. it speeds up the game and still gives a chance to the player w/the lower handicap.

AucielloOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 10, 2003 - 11:45 PM

Canada

In my league, we still use the bonus MVPs.

Coaches actually try to arrange games where they can play against teams that outrank them by 101.

That's how I quickly built a great Chaos team last year.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic