NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 07, 2024 - 08:26 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The few. The proud. The three on the line. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2006 - 06:31 AM

Undisclosed
      VBZ wrote:
Rob, Rob, Rob Laughing ... I swear to God Laughing If you have had nothing to complain about I honestly believe you'd just burst ! Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.S. Something to ponder...What would Zombie say if he read this post? Would he be upset at the mention of God, or would he be happy that someone was swearing to God?

BTW...is his Exile still in effect?

NAF Member #5236
---

Reply with quote Back to top
BenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2006 - 11:12 AM

Canada
Great to hear all the discussion on the rules. Let's see we have a couple of issues to consider;

1. Do we give chaos mutations a reg skill price but limit them?
What if we limit a mutation to 2 of each kind per team. So the mutation cost the same as a reg skill but they can only have 2 claws, 2 big hands etc. Although i think Big guys should pay the reg price.

2. DO we allow Secret weapons
I say yes, they are so much fun and bring some variety to the game.
What is the latest rules on secret weapons? how much they cost? On what roll do they get ejected? etc

looking forward to your comments.

Ben

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2006 - 12:44 PM

Canada
If the secret weapons are allowed, then I am seriously considering bringing out a goblin team. I say allow them (although I still maintain that skaven should not be allowed 8 gutter runners! Wink)

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

BenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2006 - 12:46 PM

Canada
Another issue that Spazz brought to my attention was that under the current system, an amazon linwoman with dodge/block cost 10k less then a blitzer.

So what do we do to address this problem? hmmmm.....

Ben

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2006 - 02:31 PM

Canada
Maybe the secret weapons should only be allowed for goblin teams. The though of an orc team with a chainsaw is pretty scary!

Spazz

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2006 - 02:38 PM

Hey no pickin on the ladies now. Why is that any possible advantage they might have is taken away. They have no good stars. No Big guys. No secret weapons. Bad armor. Average movement. No starting players with sure hands... Shall I go on. They're cheap and have blodge. That's it. That's all they've got. Considering I've yet to see an Amazon team blow away a tournament the way Necro, Chaos Dwarves, Woodelves, Khemri have I fail to see the point of sanctioning a team on the few points it has going for it.

Chaos Mutations should be more expensive. Advantages that are not equal across the board should be more costly.

Secret Weapons should also be more costly or not used at all. Same reason as above.

Last edited by CyberHare on Jan 19, 2006 - 05:10 PM; edited 1 time in total

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2006 - 03:07 PM

Undisclosed
      CyberHare wrote:
Hey no pickin on the ladies now. Why is that any possible advantage they might have is taken away. They have no good stars. No Big guys. No secret weapons. Bad armor. Average movement. No starting players with sure hands... Shall I go on. They're cheap and have blodge. That's it. That's all they've got. Considering I've yet to see an Amazon team blow away a tournament the way Nurgle, Chaos Dwarves, Woodelves, Khemri have I fail to see the point of sanctioning a team on the few points it has going for it.

Chaos Mutations should be more expensive. Advantages that are not equal across the board should be more costly.

Secret Weapons should also be more costly or not used at all. Same reason as above.

Any thoughts on a the statement that a linewoman with Block is cheaper than the Blitzer?

Also, it looks like this roster can have multiple STR 4 Blodgers. I guess that's the use of the Blitzer in this format. (Who needs a Big Guy?)

EDIT: Two ladies with Dauntless almost seems mandatory.

NAF Member #5236
---

Last edited by KarlLagerbottom on Jan 19, 2006 - 03:17 PM; edited 1 time in total

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2006 - 03:16 PM

Undisclosed
      Ben wrote:
Great to hear all the discussion on the rules. Let's see we have a couple of issues to consider;

1. Do we give chaos mutations a reg skill price but limit them?
What if we limit a mutation to 2 of each kind per team. So the mutation cost the same as a reg skill but they can only have 2 claws, 2 big hands etc. Although i think Big guys should pay the reg price.

Generally, I've seen that Claw is limited to one. I think that what Melifaxis and gKen1 did.
To be honest, I'm more concerned abut the stackable mutations and what they might mean.

Quote:

2. DO we allow Secret weapons
I say yes, they are so much fun and bring some variety to the game.
What is the latest rules on secret weapons? how much they cost? On what roll do they get ejected? etc

I say yes to the Secret Weapons, but ask that you schedule this so that DaScum can't attend. (Sorry Dave Smile )
Seriously though...just for clarification...will these be normal gobbos with the SW, or will they have the profile of the Star Player? The main reason that I ask is for Stunty/Right Stuff...a chainsaw with Stunty seems like a pretty effective Cage Breaker...while a Pogo with "The Right Stuff" would have an easy time of a one turn score. (Assuming the Troll doesn't get hungry.) Smile

Quote:

looking forward to your comments.

Ben

NAF Member #5236
---

KarlLagerbottomOffline

Undisclosed
      Spazzfist wrote:
Maybe the secret weapons should only be allowed for goblin teams. The though of an orc team with a chainsaw is pretty scary!

Spazz

This should not be allowed. Just my opinion.

NAF Member #5236
---

CyberHare

And for the gain of a cheaper player you loose access to strength skills. So is it really cheaper?

A strength increase is 100,000gp. That's a fair chunk of change. Taking two of them means you've put all your eggs in that basket. Considering the rest of the Amazon lineup hasn't got the punch to back that up without a few added skills I'd consider that a bad way to go.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2006 - 03:20 PM

Undisclosed
Consider that you have 250K more than normal to spend...I think thats pretty fair.

Bag two of the blitzers, spend the 150K on the two STR 4 Blodgers and block on the rest for 30K

-ROb

This is, of course, without looking at the rulebook and pricing.

NAF Member #5236
---

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2006 - 03:26 PM

150 wouldn't get you blodgers though, it would get you linechicks with strength 4. You'd need to spend another 30 to the block so they would cost you 180. Times 2 that's 360 right there for two players. With only 840 left to fill out the roster and get rerolls it would be fairly sparce.

I'm not suggesting that the strength increase should be cheaper. It's fine where it is. Simply that the strength increase isn't the best option for the Amazon team.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2006 - 04:36 PM

Undisclosed
Brian-
I was just addressing the "No Big Guy" limitation...but you're the Amazon guy, so you definately know best. Wink

I'll tell you what though...this topic has really given me some ideas...this is going to be fun.

-RobO

NAF Member #5236
---

TalonsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2006 - 06:19 PM

Ben, just to let you know...I'll be there. Spazz, or should I say Geekfist, Good luck in winning the Hair Club for Men Challenge. I am the champ and Rod you had better bring the clippers. It's time for another hair cut!!! LOL!!!!!!!! See you all soon.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2006 - 06:29 PM

Canada
      CyberHare wrote:
And for the gain of a cheaper player you loose access to strength skills. So is it really cheaper?

A strength increase is 100,000gp. That's a fair chunk of change. Taking two of them means you've put all your eggs in that basket. Considering the rest of the Amazon lineup hasn't got the punch to back that up without a few added skills I'd consider that a bad way to go.

I don;t understand your argument here. Access to strength skills does not mean a higher strength, so there is not the 100K argument. All the stats for amazon blitzers and linewomen are exactly the same. They both have dodge, the only starting difference is that blitzers are 40K more expensive and start with block. But for only 30K more you can upgrade a linewoman to the equivalent of a starting blitzer. True you have used one of your two skills for a player upgrade and true, you will not have access to strength skills (should you choose to buy some), but does that make it even?

Spazz

P.S. If Lagerbottom disagrees with the use of secret weapons, then that means I support it all the more! Wink

P.P.S. Listen up Talons, your luck against me has run out and I am going to be winning the next Hair Club for Men! Say good-bye to the goldilocks that your prison buddies love so much! Laughing

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic