NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 07:25 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Nice: Perfect Blood Bowl weather. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
unholyjetiOffline
Post subject: Blitzing  PostPosted: Jan 30, 2006 - 09:40 PM

Have a question about blitzing for the newest rule updates. I've always played that when you blitz, and you start off next to the person and let's say that you roll block and you both have block then you would have to dodge then as a blitz needs movement to be a Blitz? However in the new group i play in, they say that you can declare it a blitz, but if that situation happens, you don't have to move, you just end your turn?

Reply with quote Back to top
PaulOffline
Post subject: Re: Blitzing  PostPosted: Jan 30, 2006 - 10:06 PM

Canada
Yea, you don't have to move after a biltz. So, if you roll a both-down after you declared the blitz, and don't feel that its worth risking the dodge roll, you don't have to move. It does use your blitz for the turn though, since you called a blitz.

AK_DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 08, 2006 - 04:52 PM

Anchorage, Alaska
You don't have to move even if you declare a Blitz, but it does burn your one Blitz. So you declare the blitz, always done before moving the model or rolling dice, and you get a "bounce" (both have block). Nothing happens. It isn't a turnover. You can, at that point, stop moving that model and go onto a different model. That ends that model's turn. You don't HAVE to try to keep moving, dodge out, trip, break armor, kill yourself, drop the ball, and cause a turnover (don't look at me like that!). Thats purely optional.

antipixiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2006 - 03:05 AM

Bedford, UK
Likewise you don't HAVE to do a block as part of a Blitz action. Many people use movement blitzes to keep wild animals moving. Especially if by some accident they have ended up with the ball.

So on a blitz action you can move AND/OR block as opposed to only haviing the option of one of the two, but you do not have to de both. (Or in fact either, but that would be dumb!)

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2006 - 07:17 AM

Canada
      antipixi wrote:
Likewise you don't HAVE to do a block as part of a Blitz action. Many people use movement blitzes to keep wild animals moving. Especially if by some accident they have ended up with the ball.

So on a blitz action you can move AND/OR block as opposed to only haviing the option of one of the two, but you do not have to de both. (Or in fact either, but that would be dumb!)

I don't have the rulebook in front of me, but if this is in fact legal it is a serious bending of the rules in my opinion. Especially if you are doing it to keep a ball-carrying wild animal moving. Confused

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Igor_TahavanaleOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2006 - 11:32 AM

Worcestershire
It is a massive bending of the rules... but Blitz says may make a block during the move, doesn't say must. 'Tis a rules fudge Wink , but technically its legal unless someone shoves it in a FAQ that it isn't.

Obviously I'd never stoop so low as to have ever used this one... well, more than once anyway Twisted Evil

Rolling Eyes look the guy was a rules lawyer, 'twas a joy to see him beaten at his own game! Laughing should also point out that I was not scoring with the wild animal, just moving a block/claw minotaur in to position on his best player..... Twisted Evil

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2006 - 12:00 PM

Canada
      Igor_Tahavanale wrote:
It is a massive bending of the rules... but Blitz says may make a block during the move, doesn't say must.

Then this is probably a misreading of grammar. I would have to re-read the rules to be sure. But when it says may it is not always a choice. It simply means that you can, when circumstances would sometimes say that you cannot.

Spazz

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2006 - 12:11 PM

Canada
      Quote:
Blitz: The player may move a number of squares equal to their
Movement Allowance. He may make one block during the move.
The block may be made at any point during the move, and
???costs??? one square of movement.

right below it is the rules on passing...

Quote:
Pass: The player may move a number of squares equal to his
MA. At the end of the move the player may pass the ball.

We all know that you do not have to actually pass the ball when you declare a pass action, so, by that logic, you do not have to throw a block when you declare a blitz action.

AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2006 - 12:13 PM

Toronto, ON
You don't have to move at all during a Blitz. It's been that way since the dawn of time.

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2006 - 01:04 PM

Canada
      AnthonyTBBF wrote:
You don't have to move at all during a Blitz. It's been that way since the dawn of time.

That point is not in question, it is whether or not you actually have to hit. Especially as it pertains to declaring a blitz with a wild animal just so you can move it (but have no intention of hitting).

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2006 - 01:09 PM

Canada
      Paul wrote:
We all know that you do not have to actually pass the ball when you declare a pass action, so, by that logic, you do not have to throw a block when you declare a blitz action.

I disagree. If you refer back to what I had said before, "may" can be used to say that is now allowable, whereas in some circumstances it may not be.

A pass is a pass hether you move or not. A block can only be a block if you do not move, if you move it is a blitz. The point of calling the blitz is stating your intention to move and hit or hit and move (or any combination of moving and hitting). Therefore in a blitz you "may" lay a block at any point in your move, because in normal block or move circumstances you could not.

I would think that anyone trying to get around this rule by highlighting the "may" in their rulebook, deserves a serious smack in the head. Twisted Evil

AK_DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2006 - 01:30 PM

Anchorage, Alaska
Summarized: You may Blitz without moving, but you shouldn't Blitz without hitting.

AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2006 - 02:00 PM

Toronto, ON
      Spazzfist wrote:
I would think that anyone trying to get around this rule by highlighting the "may" in their rulebook, deserves a serious smack in the head. Twisted Evil

I think anyone who would argue over the semantics of the rule's description when the intent is so obvious deserves a smack too Wink

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

antipixiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2006 - 02:12 PM

Bedford, UK
Hey guys, I said many people do, not that I do! I wouldn't want to waste the opportunity to hit something with my minotaur!

Having said this I personally don't have a problem with people who do just use it to move wild animals. It stops them hitting me somewhere else! Very Happy

There was a discussion about this a while ago in the vault pages and from what I remember most people seemed to think that it was a reasonable use of the action. Anyway, like I said I do use it to hit things!

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2006 - 02:46 PM

Canada
I don't think we're trying to slam you for being a cheesy rule manipulator, I think its a pretty cheese thing to do and I'm like you.

My Rat Ogre gets the ball, he once ran down the sideline his full move, did a go for it to hit a guy and then went for it to score. (it worked out too, Cas and a TD on the same move Cool)

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic