NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 11:29 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Who remembers Dirty Player? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AgentrockOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 15, 2003 - 08:32 AM

Mordredd wrote:
I always roll my regenerate immediately to avoid confusing the players who have not yet rolled with those that have and failed.

You can also have any players that have not Regenerated be placed face up on their backs...ones that have failed would be turned over...

Reply with quote Back to top
snew
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 15, 2003 - 09:09 AM

Mordredd wrote:
Regenerate is meant to be done at the end of the drive, i.e. before the next kick off or at the end of a half.
Therefore it's injury - apothecary - regenerate.
I always roll my regenerate immediately to avoid confusing the players who have not yet rolled with those that have and failed.

Do you make the decision to use the Apothecary before you roll the Regen? I certainly understand rolling it immediately. I'll tend to forget who's what also.

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 15, 2003 - 09:20 AM

England
I used to play it your way Redfang. It's only since the current season started that I've encountered players wanting to roll it straight off. It could be one of those 'secret' changes in the LRB, I'd have to check my old handbooks. I suspect that it's a misinterpretation based on the injury table being on the red summary card introduced with Death Zone. Makes it seem like it belongs with the post match sequence.

My system for casualties is:
left side of the injuries dugout = badly hurt
right side of the injuries dugout = serious injury
lying down in the injuries dugout = dead, dead, dead!
Rolling regenerate straight off is just so much simpler than face up/face down wait till the end of drive.

And yes, you make the decision on the apothecary before rolling regenerate.

GattolardoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 15, 2003 - 11:39 AM

Actually I DO remember one edition of the rules where you had to roll injuries at the end of the match...

But on the LRB there is no mention of it....

Question

I guess it's one of thise unspoken changes.....
and honestly, I don't feel like poking thru my old rlebook at all....... Smile

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 15, 2003 - 03:12 PM

I've been in two leagues that interpreted this in different ways, Redfang. Perhaps this is worthy of putting on the BRRC hotlist? It would certainly speed up player turnover.

-Oscar Wilde

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 15, 2003 - 04:17 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Redfang wrote:
Is that again one of the things that changed with the introduction of the LRB without it ever being announced, or is it just something all of us have weirdly interpretted wrong?

The latter.

The rules in 3rd edition were EXACTLY the same as they are now.

Get injured ... FULLY figure out what type of injury it was (this includes rolling for the type of Serious Injury) .... decide to use apothecary ... if yes, leave on the field prone ... if not he suffers the injury.

These have been the rules for the last 9 years. .... and no this doesn't need to be a Hot List item ... not because I'm superior, but because this is a very old rule understood by a lot of leagues. Interesting house rules aside, its never been different than the sequence above for almost a decade.

Galak

RedfangOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2003 - 01:57 AM

Re-read old rulebooks last night and they indeed said the same, so where we all got it from; I don't know...
I guess Mordredd is right about it being a misinterpretation based on the sheets.

Oh well, we know how to do it now, so... Very Happy

R

ElanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2003 - 02:04 AM

Australia
I agree with Gattolardo on the interpretation and sequencing of the LRB rule and can see the point others are making about placing the player in the dug-out, but agree with the LRB that the player should be face up on the pitch for three reasons:

1) can you find a stretcher party insane enough to go onto a pitch mid-game to collect the wounded and dying?
2) An apothecary could get onto the pitch (just as they do in Grid-Iron and Aussie Rules etc) as anyone who messes with one deserves all the grief the guild can lay out - imagine having your own apoth walk out on strike?
3) Have you seen the effect the magic-rag has on Grid-Iron players? I do not know what is in the real-life version but I want some!! In BB the potion is MAGICAL in effect, hence the miracle recovery and the players ability to remain on field.

That's my thoughts anyways. Mr. Green

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2003 - 04:08 AM

England
1) Ogre stretcher bearers! Any decent stadium would have Ogre stretcher bearers! There's no messing with Ogre stretcher bearers. Twisted Evil

2) There are plenty of teams that would 'mess' with an apothecary, and not necessarily the oppositions. Hmm. How about all the undead teams, all the Chaos ones, and especially Dark Elves. And do you think their apothecaries are going on strike? Not a mistake I would want to make Shocked .

3) Ok, it's magic, but he'll end up using it on himself more than his teams players. What if it's highly addictive? He'll end up a slave to his own rag Shocked Wink .

GattolardoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2003 - 05:01 AM

Gattolardo wrote:
Actually I DO remember one edition of the rules where you had to roll injuries at the end of the match...

Sigh...
dat's the old age getting hold of me 'gain..... Crying or Very sad

Wink

GattolardoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2003 - 05:06 AM

Mordredd wrote:
..... There are plenty of teams that would 'mess' with an apothecary, and not necessarily the oppositions. Hmm. How about all the undead teams, all the Chaos ones, and especially Dark Elves. And do you think their apothecaries are going on strike? Not a mistake I would want to make

Oi....
are you really SURE about that????? Rolling Eyes

Just imagine a DARK ELF apothecary.... Shocked
a CHAOS apothecary Shocked Shocked

even try to steal some food form a Halfling!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

You sure you'd want to mess up with them........... Twisted Evil

Wink

(what if a single apoth is, in reality, an uncounted number of "go, heal and die while coming back" orderlies??? Very Happy

Cheers
Rob

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2003 - 06:15 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
      Mordredd wrote:
Regenerate is meant to be done at the end of the drive, i.e. before the next kick off or at the end of a half.
Therefore it's injury - apothecary - regenerate.

There are 3 reasons why you should wait until the end of drive before rolling Regen

#1 Its the rules!

#2 It gives more knowledge about available players for the next drive. e.g. If your opponent knows your mummy is coming back, he may delay scoring.

#3 If your opponent is playing undead may be able to cast "Raise the Dead" on a "dead" player before he gets to regenerate.

If you have a problem remembering which have regened then just place the failures prone.

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2003 - 07:41 AM

England
In my system (see earlier post above) for keeping track of casualties lying down = dead!! It's no good lying down failed regenerates as well. It is easier for you, and your opponent, to keep track of who has and hasn't if you roll immediately.

#1 Rules can be changed

#2 Potentially yes. However, I have played Undead since the release of 3rd Ed. and have always played in leagues with a relatively large number of Undead teams in them. I have never seen the imminent return of a mummy affect a coaches decisions on the field.

#3 We have always house ruled that you cannot raise an undead player who has regenerate, i.e. the 'already dead but don't know it yet' ones like zombies, mummies etc. This is because when they are 'killed' they are not literally killed, but damaged too badly to continue playing BB. Any necromancer who raised such a player would gain a zombie with DEAD! written in the injury box, and thus be forced to remove him from the roster at the end of the game. Besides, it is silly to be allowed to raise a skeleton as a zombie Laughing

Perhaps these changes to Regenerate could be considered for the BBRC hotlist?

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2003 - 07:46 AM

England
Another question then arises.

Do you get to use Raise the dead spell before your opponent decides to use his apothecary?

Is it whoever declares first, or must the necromancer wait his turn?

Is it worth printing a definitive list of what order these things go in in the LRB, just for clarity?

RedfangOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2003 - 07:55 AM

First the apo, then, if that's not used or if that fails, the Raise the Dead

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic