NAF Logo
leftstar Sep 27, 2024 - 10:11 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Astro-granite helps break strong bones 12 ways. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jonny_POffline
Post subject: Using 2nd edition Chaos players as Beastmen  PostPosted: Mar 31, 2006 - 06:18 PM

United States of America
I was thinking of making a Chaos All Stars team using all old 2nd edition chaos players. I was thinking of picking the 3 largest figures and saying they were Chaos Warriors, but for all the rest using the rules for Beastmen. I could even paint something distinctive on the Chaos warriors to show what they are.

I have some questions....

1. Would this be a problem in NAF / GW BB events?

2. Would anyone be confused even tho at the beginning of the game I would clearly state what each model is and I would somehow differenciate them (maybe helmet color or shoulder pad color)

3. Would modelling "horns" be a neccessity since that is what the beastmen have. I would rather not do any converting as these mini's are too good to alter, IMO.

4. Would a better option be to use rules for a human team and just say any mutations and such are just for cosmetic purposes.

Thanks

Reply with quote Back to top
XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 31, 2006 - 10:34 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
Human team would probably be a better option. But shouldn't be a problem as a proxied chaos team. I would reccomend color coded base rings though.

lawquoterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 01, 2006 - 07:23 AM

United States of America

Xtreme wrote:
Human team would probably be a better option. But shouldn't be a problem as a proxied chaos team. I would reccomend color coded base rings though.

Definitely agree, or you'll have to explain every turn who is a beastie and who ain't.

#1 U.S. Vampire Coach (of 2 )

*note: loss only on the Street while playing halflings.

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 01, 2006 - 09:50 AM

United States of America
I thought of 4 team lists that I think could fit, and the funny thing is Chaos is the least favorable from the confusion standpoint because of the whole beastman thing. I was thinking Human, Norse, or even Orc rules. Being able to define 4 Ork Blitzers, 4 Ork Blockers, 2 Throwers, and 1 Ogre seems easy with the models I have. Any opinions on that?

Or is the Human list the only list that it's normally acceptable to see other models for?

BB_BabeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 01, 2006 - 02:34 PM

Personally as a TO, I would not penalise any well-thought out and deliberately executed team that used alternate models. Chaos Human/Beastmen, or Vampire Elves, or Elven Vampires, or whatever. As long as it looks like it was planned that way and you're not just slapping figures together into a team.

Cheers,
Maureen

Some Boston Blood Bowl Stuff
http://redwings-wilder.livejournal.com/

chaos_spawnOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 03, 2006 - 01:35 AM

I also used some old chaos minis as beastmen. It was never a problem (although i've never gone to a tournament). You should make sure that your opponent can easily tell the beastmen from the Chaos warriors. I would paint the base rings in different colours.

TomBOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 03, 2006 - 06:31 AM

Undisclosed
my chaos beasts team doesnt even have any chaos warriors (but they have a minotaur) and they still do quite well. You could do it like that and have morg n thorg as an ogre (obviously)

i won quite a lot of games with them as beastmen are still pretty tough, but they do lack ball skills.

Chrace Chargers

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic