NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 30, 2024 - 08:14 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Lizardman team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2006 - 03:28 PM

I've no problem with putting aside the painting rule for now. Though to defend myself I did mention it back on page 8 of this thread when I posted the rules. So officially no painting rule for this year.

Reply with quote Back to top
CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2006 - 03:34 PM

BB_Babe wrote:
      CyberHare wrote:

I hear ya about that late finishing time on Sunday. I'm not too thrilled about that myself. I'll be looking at the actual situation on Saturday and seeing what I can do about that. I've got a 9 hour drive home myself so getting done earlier is of fair interest to me as well.

If we could squeeze in 4 rounds on Sat and 2 on Sun, that would make the Sunday drving much better. With no OT, that should be feasable.

Thinking about it actually if we're only 6 teams we only need to play 5 rounds and each team will have played each other team. We might not need to do round 6 at all. Since we're going no OT for this event if we tighten up the schedule Saturday we might be able to play 4 rounds. That would leave a relaxed 5th round for Sunday morning, a good lunch together and then a pleasent drive home for all.

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2006 - 04:51 PM

United States of America
i think 3 games in one day is enough....I go batty after that. I think alot of others feel this way too from seeing them play at my tourney.

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2006 - 07:18 PM

Hmm so after three games we get an edge on Ken. Mental note to me for next DB Laughing

Agreed that 4 games is a lot. We'll play the day by ear.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2006 - 08:14 PM

Undisclosed
      jaylazer wrote:
I'll see if I can find something.

Rob lives relatively close to it. Can you check out the museum shop at the Liberty Bell Center?

I'm still trying to figure out why the Liberty Bell Museum in in Connecticut when the Liberty Bell is in Phildelphia. Very confusing.

(Certainl makes my jibe a couple of posts earlier look a little silly Smile)

Yep, this is a couple of blocks from my apartment and so are a few other history-based tourist shops that have a few interesting tidbits...one of which will be making an appearance at Phrakus 2K6. Smile

Anyway...I can check to see if our local Liberty Bell History Shop has these items and I'll check back in...this will likely not be until next week though...I have training this week and don't get back in town until late.

-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

BB_BabeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2006 - 09:06 PM

CyberHare wrote:
I've no problem with putting aside the painting rule for now. Though to defend myself I did mention it back on page 8 of this thread when I posted the rules. So officially no painting rule for this year.

Thanks, that will give us more flexibility in sorting out the teams.

I missed the details of the painting thingy back on p.8. The other Beantowners haven't been keeping up with this thread and much grumbling ensued when the TRB was posted.

My brain is pretty fuzzed after 4 rounds too. 3 games Sat and 2 Sunday would be nice.

Cheers,
Mo

Some Boston Blood Bowl Stuff
http://redwings-wilder.livejournal.com/

twistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2006 - 09:42 PM

Canada
      gken1 wrote:
i think 3 games in one day is enough....I go batty after that. I think alot of others feel this way too from seeing them play at my tourney.

I agree 100%. Game 4 is when I'd tag in a sub team member, if at all possible. Wink

KarlLagerbottom: Start doing some research for our pub crawl too, ok? Something like Montreal with less walking and more pubs? Very Happy

Sounds like Team Canada has hope once again! It might work out afterall for me...

The Great White Hope,

Twist. Razz

HammerBowl. http://bkbbl.com/

twistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2006 - 09:48 PM

Canada
Brian!

Can you tell me how you rank each team's coaches 1-5? Or tell me where to find it if I've missed it somehow?

Thanks man!

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2006 - 03:45 AM

Yeah I seem to have left that little bit of info out of the TRB somehow. I'm going to be keeping track of both individual points using the standard system (50-30-20 + bonus) and team points. Teams will be matched up swiss using team points and individuals on each of those teams will also be swissed based on individual points.

It would also be very helpfull if everyone could bring along their highest NAF ranking score.

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2006 - 03:48 AM

KarlLagerbottom wrote:
I can check to see if our local Liberty Bell History Shop has these items and I'll check back in...this will likely not be until next week though...I have training this week and don't get back in town until late.

Thanks Rob. If you let me know by mid next week if we have something or not I'll still have time to order the one over the net if needed.

Thanks,

twistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2006 - 09:57 AM

Canada
Brian: Highest meaning your best team race? My lizardmen are good, but the rest are crap, which isn't really reflective of me overall. LOL I am average... Razz

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2006 - 10:35 AM

Undisclosed
      twist wrote:
Brian: Highest meaning your best team race? My lizardmen are good, but the rest are crap, which isn't really reflective of me overall. LOL I am average... Razz

Brian-

Sorry dude...but this REEKS or shenanigans. There has to be a way of evaluating a coaches overall ability better than highest ranked NAF rating. If not...I believe that some teams will purposely sandbag. If someone has one tourney in with Orks (For Example) and went undefeated, but has 6 tournies in with Dark Elfs where they were so-so...you will allow that team to have their best player play in a lower ranked position and rake the other teams middle of the road guys. (Lets not even go into the situation where the size of the tourney has made a difference. Rolling Eyes)

-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

twistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2006 - 11:02 AM

Canada
Rob:
I think he means regardless of what race you take to the tourney, they rank your HIGHEST RACE in NAF. No choice involved.

I originally figured it would be an average of every team used. But then again, thats a lotta math at the last minute for organizers...

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2006 - 11:32 AM

Canada
Team TUNA is being assembled and I still have a couple more spots. Being The Underdogs of North America, we know no geographical affiliations, and are not concerned about such trivial things as skill - we just want to have fun! If you would like to join Team TUNA, then drop me a PM!

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2006 - 12:53 PM

Canada
      CyberHare wrote:
Hmm so after three games we get an edge on Ken. Mental note to me for next DB Laughing

Agreed that 4 games is a lot. We'll play the day by ear.

did you see him Sunday morning? It doesn't matter if you play 3 games saturday or not, you'll have a mental edge on him in round 4.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic