NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 22, 2024 - 12:20 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Blood Bowl is a rough sport, people get hurt! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darkson
Post subject: A 2nd Bloodbowl?  PostPosted: May 26, 2006 - 05:00 PM

Undisclosed
I've heard on the grapevine that the UK events team, because of the continued success of the BB, are considering holding a 2nd yearly BB tournament at Warhammer World, possibly as early as next year. From what I've heard, it wouldn't be a named trophy (ie the Bloodbowl, Spike, Chaos or Dungeonbowl), but they'd be hoping to once again have spaces for 200 coaches.

So, would there be the interest in another GW BB tournament, and when would be the best month for one (given that the BB isn't likely to move from May).

(And if this does come off, it can only be good for the promotion of BB, both for getting new coaches, and for making the suits at GW take notice.)

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Reply with quote Back to top
RonnieOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 26, 2006 - 11:26 PM

hmmm depends on the price again £40 was quite expensive and i don't think the other bloodbowl players outside the UK don't want to travel again (but hey thats my point of view. i know nothing Very Happy )

Also when will they sortout out the NAF Rankings? Its been 2 weeks since the tournament and the NAF rankings hasn't updated yet (i know 180 players alot of results to enter and new NAF to register, but im impatiented DAMN IT Very Happy )

Best Performance Bloodbowl 2006
Worst Performance Spikey 2004

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2006 - 05:11 AM
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl

It sounds good but I do thing that they would need to find a 'hook' for it. I attend the BB each year to meet up with guys I may not see until the next BB. This year I was happy to share a beer with Xaiver and Grotuk and play Barbel in a game - Lizzies vrs Lizzies with almost exactly the same team in fact Razz Laughing . It is this that makes the BB special, the fact that so many coaches are there 'cause, well, it is THE Blood Bowl. Added to that the very cool fact that the winner is etched into BB history; they have their name on the trophy and effectively get written into the game.

I would love for another BB event to come along to be held in Warhammer World and I think we may have it with the World Cup? Again, only every 4 years so it would be rude to miss it and you would be guaranteed a great international flavour to the event.

It would really take some effort from those involved but I do think another event at Warhammer World could work. As long as these simple criteria are met:

* A hook, a unique reason why you should attend the event

* Sort out BB stock at the Warhammer World store - weather having a dedicated 'BB' member of staff to help with doing mail orders and to ensure that they run smoothly or a decent amount of BB stock in the store

* Properly dedicate the weekend to Blood Bowl - ie no comedians, proper after game activities planned (they could check with Torpor as he was running some very cool activities in the White Hart on Sunday), not runnig out of beer ( Surprised Surprised Surprised ) and maybe some BB alternative games in there somewhere?

I'm not moaning, honestly Rolling Eyes . All I'm saying is that I will continue to attend the BB every year (circumstances permiting) because it is the BLOOD BOWL. It is probably the most expensive tourney out there so to get me to effectively attend twice in one year will need some real effort from the events team and some proper co-ordination with Bugmans/Warhammer World/Events team.

It can be done. I would definately give it a chance and I'd happily try to help out as it would be a great advert for BB which can only be a good thing!!

224th at The World Cup II

YavatolOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2006 - 11:20 AM

dwarfcoach wrote:
not runnig out of beer ( Surprised Surprised Surprised )

That's a Dutch Open Legendz tradition anyway!

I think another big event might show GW a different side of the BB community as it might be more relaxed because its not *the* BB.

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2006 - 01:33 PM
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl

Yavatol wrote:

That's a Dutch Open Legendz tradition anyway!

Oh man, I so regret I missed it this year Crying or Very sad .

I'm definately over for the Bubble, and then D.O. next year, no question...!!

224th at The World Cup II

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2006 - 02:47 PM

Undisclosed
      Ronnie4655 wrote:
Also when will they sortout out the NAF Rankings? Its been 2 weeks since the tournament and the NAF rankings hasn't updated yet (i know 180 players alot of results to enter and new NAF to register, but im impatiented DAMN IT Very Happy )

Well, seeing as the NAF rankngs have got nothing to do with GW, you'll probably be waiting for a long time for "them" to sort out the rankings.

Afaik, Deathwing had the "honour" of inputting all the results, assuming he's got the right info.

Glorian_UnderhillOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2006 - 02:54 PM

So it they wanna make it a second big tourney just get the Chaos Cup from the americans and make it in England with 200 coaches instead of 30. Very Happy

RonnieOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2006 - 06:55 PM

Darkson wrote:
      Ronnie4655 wrote:

Well, seeing as the NAF rankngs have got nothing to do with GW, you'll probably be waiting for a long time for "them" to sort out the rankings.

Afaik, Deathwing had the "honour" of inputting all the results, assuming he's got the right info.

fair enough thanks alot Darkson Sorry for changing the subject Embarassed

Best Performance Bloodbowl 2006
Worst Performance Spikey 2004

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 29, 2006 - 02:32 AM

Undisclosed
      Glorian Underhill wrote:
So it they wanna make it a second big tourney just get the Chaos Cup from the americans and make it in England with 200 coaches instead of 30. Very Happy

Afaik, there's no intention of taking any of the "named" tourneys off the other countries (before a US/Canadian/German coach gets up in arms Wink ). From what I understand, it wouldn't be a named tourney, just a bloodbowl weekend.

FrankOffline
Post subject: Re: A 2nd Bloodbowl?  PostPosted: May 29, 2006 - 02:51 AM

Germany
      Darkson wrote:
So, would there be the interest in another GW BB tournament, and when would be the best month for one (given that the BB isn't likely to move from May).

It's nice to hear that BB is on the topic in Nottingham. I think the GW staff enjoy also the BB coaches, who are different to those 16 year-old WH40k players...
Baerbel and I will definitively go again to BBGT 07. It's always fine to have a talk with Andy and Jervis and to play in this nice gaming hall. But most reason for us is to meet all the coaches from the world!
For a second trip to Nottingham I fear it will be to much money for us, because we want to visit other european tourneys as in Paris, Vienna, Utrecht and Spain. And I think this will be the same point for other non-UK based coaches. In this way the international coaches will be "splitted" to 2 Notthingham events. And we want to see all you crazy guys at BBGT, not only 50% Wink

cheers
Frank

GrotukOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 29, 2006 - 03:50 AM

United States of America
Not a second tourney in Nottingham for sure. Its too expensive to attend once a year so a second one could mean that my bank account becomes red...not a good deal for a so-so organization...i prefer to expend my money in other tourneys around Europe (or the world in a near future)

MagicDaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 31, 2006 - 09:09 AM

England
its been said before but make the chaos cup go on the road.

different coutry each year could work, each big country should be able to host it, my only worry is that this might only be limited to euro sites.

http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17686&highlight=chaos+cup

and workshop get to have a second biggy each year.

LongshotOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 31, 2006 - 09:36 AM

definively not...

Didnt you notice less and less foreigners each year?
Expensive... not that good organisation to be honest.

I love the place, i love the people... but i dropped this tourny this year and not some others (DO for example).
So two tournies in Notthingam will surely confused people outside England...

I believe that one coutry can hold one Big Tourny made by GW
Not 2...
(But i know it will not be in France cos GW France dont care about bb... )
Anyway, i dont even go to Dunjeon bowl either Very Happy

....The Bloodbowl at the warhammer World is enough.. too many tournies in the place would kill the last taste it can still have.

RyanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 31, 2006 - 12:56 PM

Canvey Island, Essex

If you want a Hook don't make it a Blood Bowl tournament

make it a Steet Bowl or Blood Bowl 5 or 7 aside just to make it different to the main Blood Bowl

LycosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 01, 2006 - 12:20 PM
Former President

Undisclosed
      Ronnie4655 wrote:
      Darkson wrote:
      Ronnie4655 wrote:

fair enough thanks alot Darkson Sorry for changing the subject Embarassed

Well that is now MY job...literally from Nottm. I have emailed them already to get the spreadsheet but please understand that is 540 games of BB to input - check, double check etc. I will let you know when I get the data and should be a coupla days from there

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic