NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 08, 2024 - 08:23 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Wot no players? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 - 02:43 PM

Undisclosed
      CyberHare wrote:

Laughing The really funny thing is that I wasn't talking about your event Rob. I was talking about the NWC. I'm not going to hijack Craigs thread anymore so if you've got something to say go ahead and PM me.

I'm glad you find that funny Brian...you won't see me at your tourney anytime soon...and I will have to reconsider my mebership to NAF if their staffers are allowed to have your attitude toward members.

Oh and one other thing...why should I look into my back yard concerning the NWC? That was your baby and frankly, it was no big deal for a free tourney. For $30 it was a joke. Now, the Death Bowl is alot of fun, and had you put the attention into the NWC that you do into Death Bowl...then it would have been good stuff. If you didin't have the time or inclination to put forth the effort...then don't run a 2nd tourney.

I have to say that your efforts toward the NWC don't bode well for the World Cup. Hopefully, there will be a joint effort from Europe so it has a chance at being worth the money to go.

NAF Member #5236
---

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 - 03:26 PM

Canada
Just curious Rob, not trying to incur your self-proclaimed "Italian-mouth" wrath or anything! Wink

But were you planning on coming out to the Q'ermitt this year? Would the ruleset of 4.0 vs 5.0 make a difference to you? (i.e. Would you not attend if it was a 4.0 tourney?)

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 - 04:26 PM

United States of America
I did see the NWC----not even a name the attendees wanted from what I polled---as brian's event.

I do wonder where the $30/person went for what was done--location free, $10 to "World Cup Fund" (USA subsidizing Canada here), recycled prizes, no trophies+ food--maybe $10/person for the 2 days.

As for local turnout, the local teams brought a team a piece. We weren't told to bring 2 teams so each only brought one, having someone drive 2+ hours for a CHANCE to play would've been stupid. So the area supplied 3 teams which what was expected, there were some extras---but not anything I would've counted on.

As tourney Organzier for the event Brian, I agree with Rob that your interest level changed with the World Cup Event. You didn't even mail out the rulebooks like you said you would. Personally I feel unless a player attended the NA cup, a player shouldn't be entitled to any money raised for the event. If you're not willing to support a tourney on our own turf, why should those who did subsidize you?

As for Q'ermitt, I wouldn't come to a 5.0 event, but looks like school is going to lock me outta it anyway.

TalonsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 - 07:20 PM

KarlLagerbottom wrote:
      CyberHare wrote:

Laughing The really funny thing is that I wasn't talking about your event Rob. I was talking about the NWC. I'm not going to hijack Craigs thread anymore so if you've got something to say go ahead and PM me.

I'm glad you find that funny Brian...you won't see me at your tourney anytime soon...and I will have to reconsider my mebership to NAF if their staffers are allowed to have your attitude toward members.

Oh and one other thing...why should I look into my back yard concerning the NWC? That was your baby and frankly, it was no big deal for a free tourney. For $30 it was a joke. Now, the Death Bowl is alot of fun, and had you put the attention into the NWC that you do into Death Bowl...then it would have been good stuff. If you didin't have the time or inclination to put forth the effort...then don't run a 2nd tourney.

I have to say that your efforts toward the NWC don't bode well for the World Cup. Hopefully, there will be a joint effort from Europe so it has a chance at being worth the money to go.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! See you later Lagerbottom. Don't let the NAF door hit you in the a$$ on the way out. One less Baby to worry about now!!!! If you are going to come on the forum and start hacking Rod, Craig and Brian than you should be man enough to take the bashing back. WAIT......What am I thinking!!!!!!! Typical Philly move..... all BIG and Tough but when push comes to shove they turtle like little Babies.

Rob, I am going to send you a box of Kleenex for your tears.... BOOWHO!
BTW..... Don't forget to take your board and go home.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 - 07:51 PM

Canada
      Talons wrote:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! See you later Lagerbottom. Don't let the NAF door hit you in the a$$ on the way out. One less Baby to worry about now!!!! If you are going to come on the forum and start hacking Rod, Craig and Brian than you should be man enough to take the bashing back. WAIT......What am I thinking!!!!!!! Typical Philly move..... all BIG and Tough but when push comes to shove they turtle like little Babies.

Laughing You're an a$$! Laughing

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 - 08:06 PM

United States of America
yeah where's your smiley talons Smile

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 - 08:49 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      gken1 wrote:
yeah where's your smiley talons Smile

Dont think he wanted a smiley.....

I think he has heard all he wants from Lagerbottom's spew of bad mouthing from the SPIKE till now with Brian.

I'm pretty sure he meant what he said.

Lagerbottom to me is pointing the finger at whatever he disagrees with (& thats cool, but as soon as others do it back to him, he gets all pissy & defensive!)

Rob, you tell Montreal to get over themselves or that Steve & Brian are the spokesmen for Quebec, well if you want to hit below the belt (as you so like to say to me) by bringinging Provincial Politics into a normal debate, when all the two were saying is from "thier" two BB groups that none would come down for a 5.0 tourney! Brian never refered to the whole Province as you so sarcasticly indicated! But since you like to so called "hit below the belt" as you so called like to call it, I'll do the same right back.... "oh but wait that would make me an American...."

(Sound offensive? Well maybe leave my country's politics out of your debates!)

Oh & Ken, theres no smilies here cause i'm not smiling!

Rod.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 - 09:00 PM

United States of America
u guys need to grow up. you're twisting stuff just to start a fight. Brian deserved some of those comments in my opinion.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 - 09:02 PM

Canada
And I don't deserve this sandlot squabble going on in my thread!

Take it elsewhere guys! Leave this forum for discussing the tourney!

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 - 09:06 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Fine, sorry Spazz, I just find it funny that someone can post cheap comments about one's nation, but when I do the same I'm childish & need to grow up.

But If need be I'll take this elsewhere sorry Spazz again!

Rod.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 14, 2006 - 08:45 AM

Undisclosed
      Clan-Skaven wrote:
Fine, sorry Spazz, I just find it funny that someone can post cheap comments about one's nation, but when I do the same I'm childish & need to grow up.

But If need be I'll take this elsewhere sorry Spazz again!

Rod.

Montreal is a Nation now? I guess that must have been their first point of duty when appointed their new position. Smile

Please Note the obligitory Smiley so no one gets overly upset.

NAF Member #5236
---

BenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 14, 2006 - 08:50 AM

Canada
Hey Craig!!

I'm looking forward to the tournament!!!

You can definitley count me and my nephew in.

As for the rest of you bunch - you are really showing a dissapointing attitude that should not be expressed in this forum.

As entertaining as it is, i would not appreciate it if this was my tourny.

Ben

Last edited by Ben on Jun 14, 2006 - 08:50 AM; edited 1 time in total

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 14, 2006 - 08:50 AM

Undisclosed
      Talons wrote:

Crying or Very sad Now I'm REALLY sad. Crying or Very sad

I was just asking that people read what I actually wrote instead of blindly following where they are lead. Go back and read the posts again.

P.S. If the reason why you are upset is because I was bashing the Spike!...then perhaps you should have responded to those comments.

I guess I also might as well appologize for bashing GW's excuse for a Major. I wouldn't have cared who won that. Seriously...Two one-day tournements in one weekend? If that's not a smack in the face from GW...then I don't know what it is. Sorry Talons if your Niagra Falls Pal won it and you want to share in the glory of the victory. The Spike has been a Sham for 2 years. Direct your angst toward GW.

EDIT: One other thing Rob...I don't take my identity from being from Philadelphia, so feel free to insult Philly...or even America for that matter. I am not political in the least so have fun if it makes you feel better.

NAF Member #5236
---

Last edited by KarlLagerbottom on Jun 14, 2006 - 09:48 AM; edited 1 time in total

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 14, 2006 - 09:04 AM

Ben wrote:

Nephew? Would that be the same lad we met at the Canadian open? Nice to see some next gen blood moving into the ranks.

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 14, 2006 - 09:32 AM

Canada
      Ben wrote:
Hey Craig!!

I'm looking forward to the tournament!!!

As for the rest of you bunch - you are really showing a dissapointing attitude that should not be expressed in this forum.

As entertaining as it is, i would not appreciate it if this was my tourny.

Ben

well said Ben,

lets keep this to the Challenge of Q'Ermitt topic. If you want to bash that tournament, do so here, if you guys want to bash another tournament (Spike, NWC, etc) there are threads around for those tournaments where you can take it there.

I think this was all touched off with a LRB4 vs LRB5 "debate." To me, it doesn't matter what you use Spazz, I'm planning to go to the tournament either way. (Hell, you can make it a 30 round tournament, where each game is decided by a die roll at the start, I"ll probably go anyways)

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic