NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 01:37 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Turn 8. Remember to score. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shayman1911Offline
Post subject: new to Halflings  PostPosted: Jun 19, 2006 - 08:25 PM

Hi, looking for some help if sopmeone could oblige ?
I am new to Halflings and a rule strikes me a bit silly, take root, if you fail a take root roll you can still block when you are stuck on the spot, so why roll to take root in the first place! surely it should be just take root for blitzing or moving ? and i take it you always throw team mate's on sixes regardless of any - modifiers ? Confused

thanks in advance
Shayman1911

Reply with quote Back to top
shayman1911Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 19, 2006 - 08:31 PM

sorry guys, just though of another one!
if i have 2 treemen in my team, can you throw a team mate with each treeman in the same turn ? give the first guy some protection, we all know they need it!
Twisted Evil cheers gain
Shayman1911

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 19, 2006 - 08:44 PM

Canada
To Throw a Team Mate, you have to use a pass action, which you can only do 1 per turn.

If a treeman takes route, hes stuck in that spot until the next kick-off, he can still hit anyone in his tackle zone, but he is no longer able to move at all.

Hope that helps.

voyagers_ukOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 20, 2006 - 05:45 AM

well I played Halflings versus High Elves last night and won 2-1 (2-0 on casualties), not too much TTM went on but looking at the new rules the fact that you cannot throw beyond short pass range and that even then the pass is inaccurate I have a question too.

If you are never accurate you do not have to roll 6 anymore, you have to roll 4+ to avoid the fumble - Am I misunderstanding this? If so how?

I am deliberately not mentioning the landing of the little guy being thrown, so please do not factor that into any answers

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 20, 2006 - 07:04 AM

Canada
To answer your first question posed, you have to do the "take root" roll before any action, whether it is a move, block, blitz, pass etc. Love it or hate it, it is the rules.

As Paul said, TTM is a pass action,a nd you can only do one pass per turn.

When passing any roll of a 1 is a fumble. In the case of trees chucking halflings, a thrown player extends the range of the pass by one band. Therefore a long pass becomes a long bomb. Long bombs have a modifier of -2. This means even a roll of a 3 becomes a 1 (assuming there are no tackle zones on the tree or players with Foul appearance within three squares) and thus is a fumble. So for the maximum range pass you are right, a 4+ is needed to not fumble. And remember that a 6 is ALWAYS accurate regardless of modifiers.

For landing it is a straight agility roll (4+ for halflings). This gets a +1 modifier if the throw is accurate (3+ in this case)

Hope this helps.

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

voyagers_ukOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 20, 2006 - 07:33 AM

Spazzfist wrote:
When passing any roll of a 1 is a fumble. In the case of trees chucking halflings, a thrown player extends the range of the pass by one band. Therefore a long pass becomes a long bomb. Long bombs have a modifier of -2. This means even a roll of a 3 becomes a 1 (assuming there are no tackle zones on the tree or players with Foul appearance within three squares) and thus is a fumble. So for the maximum range pass you are right, a 4+ is needed to not fumble. And remember that a 6 is ALWAYS accurate regardless of modifiers.

For landing it is a straight agility roll (4+ for halflings). This gets a +1 modifier if the throw is accurate (3+ in this case)

Hope this helps.

Spazz

Under the new rules (PBBL 1.12 / LRB 5.0) however, the range max is Short Pass I think and never accurate.

shayman1911Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 20, 2006 - 05:26 PM

thanks guys, you've answered a lot more than i asked for which is a double bonus Surprised i did'nt realise the modifiers raised the fumble up to a 3! so i shall have to watch that, think i have hit 4+'s so far so i have no guilt yet! Twisted Evil
cheers again guys

TojurubOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2006 - 12:55 AM

Germany
      voyagers_uk wrote:
      Spazzfist wrote:

Hope this helps.

Spazz

Under the new rules (PBBL 1.12 / LRB 5.0) however, the range max is Short Pass I think and never accurate.

You won't find too many players who will play with the new rules (yet)....so all the answers given are in respect to the current LRB4.0 rules

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

voyagers_ukOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2006 - 03:57 AM

Tojurub wrote:
      voyagers_uk wrote:
      Spazzfist wrote:

Hope this helps.

Spazz

You won't find too many players who will play with the new rules (yet)....so all the answers given are in respect to the current LRB4.0 rules

But how does that devalue my response enough to quote me Mad

TojurubOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2006 - 05:22 AM

Germany
devaluate??????

that was not my intention....just additional information

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2006 - 09:35 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

voyagers_uk wrote:
well I played Halflings versus High Elves last night and won 2-1 (2-0 on casualties), not too much TTM went on but looking at the new rules the fact that you cannot throw beyond short pass range and that even then the pass is inaccurate I have a question too.

If you are never accurate you do not have to roll 6 anymore, you have to roll 4+ to avoid the fumble - Am I misunderstanding this? If so how?

I am deliberately not mentioning the landing of the little guy being thrown, so please do not factor that into any answers

LRB 5.0 rules for Treeman throwing a Fling.

Assuming no TZs on the Treeman and no Disturbing Presence ...

Throwing to Quick Range: 1 = Fumble, 2+ is Inaccurate
Throwing to Short Range: 1 = Fumble, 2+ is Inaccurate

Galak

voyagers_ukOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2006 - 09:49 AM

it is almost unfair Twisted Evil

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2006 - 10:22 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

voyagers_uk wrote:
it is almost unfair Twisted Evil
Except for the fact that from playing them ... I've found I'd MUCH rather be able to throw to Long range than being able to throw inaccurate passes to Short range on a 2+ instead of the LRB 4.0's 3+ (and the LRB 3.0 has the +1 to landing for rolling a 6 on the pass which LRB 5.0 doesn't).

So from my playing of the team ... that 2+ to Short came with costs that WAYYYYYY outweighed the benefit.

Galak

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic