NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 30, 2024 - 04:16 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Broken Neck! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 14, 2006 - 01:16 PM

Hmm I'll think about it and get back to you Wink

Reply with quote Back to top
CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 19, 2006 - 10:20 AM

Allrighty after some discussion I've made some slight changes to the proposed extra halfling rules. The cost of Deeproot has gone down but he's not available for 7's and can't use team rerolls. Also the way Flings steal rr's in the Death Bowl match has been changed to be more in line with the official rules. Let me know what you think.

* Since there are so many Halflings on hand who are buying up event tickets the seats in the stands are filling up with sticky little people. When a Halfling team faces off against a non Halfling team they gain a +1 FF bonus for that match. Their opponent takes a -1 FF hit for that match.

* Since there is such an abundance of sticky-buns and food around it's much easier for Halfling teams to get the ingredients they need for their master chiefs. That being the case, extra reroll steal attempts will only cost 50,000gp as opposed to the usual 80,000gp

*As mentioned above Deeproot Strongbranch will be attending the sticky-bun festival. Enterprising Halfling coaches will of course try to hire him for their teams. His asking price for the event is 250,000gp but his agreement with the Merchant association is that he'll only sign with Halfling teams. He's not picky which team he'll play for but if he's scheduled to play for both teams in the same match then his contract stipulates that he doesn't play for either team though he still gets paid by both. Deeproot will not be allowed into the BB7's match and he will not have access to team re-rolls.

*During the Death Bowl match Halfling teams will be able to force all their opponents to lose rerolls as opposed to the standard one random opponent. That means if he gains 2 rerolls, each of the opposing team looses 2 rerolls. A Halfling team may still not use more than one reroll per turn so any stolen rerolls above 8 are wasted. It is possible that there may be more than one Halfling team in a Death Bowl match. If that is the case, Halfling teams can only lose rerolls that are already on their rosters. Rerolls gained from their chief can not be touched by other halfling teams.

*Also as mentioned above the Merchants Association will be presenting a trophy to the best finishing/surviving Halfling team. This will be awarded to the Halfling team with the best placed finish in the tournament overall. It does not mean that the Halfling team must finish in the top three. If the best Halfling team is in 10th place then the award will go to that team. Those of you who were at the New World Cup got a look at the trophy. It's a silver dinner tray with Silver Fork and Spoons attached. Yes it's real silver and the winner of the award will take the trophy home to hold onto until next year.

*Since the Dark Angels and the organizers like to see as much carnage on the field as possible. There will be certificates given out for the most halflings killed in one turn, one half, one game, and in the whole tournament. (Thanks for that one Mel)

Also stealing a page from the Chaos Cup play book we'll be offering...

The Death Bowl Friends and Family Plan
This year at Death Bowl we're offering an incentive plan for you to get those friends of yours who have never been to Death Bowl out to the tournament. Bring a friend to Death Bowl IV and you'll save $5 off the tournament entry fee. Bring 2 and save $10. For each coach you bring that did not attend in 2005, you will get $5 off your admission price.

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 19, 2006 - 12:59 PM

Canada
I can't help but notice that you didn't go with my suggestion Brian, whys that? I think its a good idea Smile

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 19, 2006 - 01:08 PM

Wink

You just keep thinkin that.

Laughing

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 03, 2006 - 06:47 AM

Just a quick update..

We'll once again this year be giving away a limited edition fig at the tournament that will only be available at The Death Bowl in Canada and at Carnage in London. Only about 100 of these figs will ever be produced so it is indeed very limited edition.

We're also offering a pre-registration gift this year. Coaches who pre-register for the event will get 2 limited edition Death Bowl IV D6's when they sign in at the event. Pre-registration is free so head on over to www.TheDeathBowl.com today and get yourself registered.

I'll get pictures up of both the fig and the dice as soon as they are available.

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 03, 2006 - 07:52 AM

Ok here's a picture of the die that we'll be giving away to pre-registered coaches. The logo is on the "6" face of the die.

Thanks to Xtreme for hooking me up!

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 03, 2006 - 11:45 AM

Canada
Cool dice!

My only regret is that I did not get pics of the Q'ermitt dice before you got yours up! Wink (Again thanks to Xtreme!)

Also I am glad that I did not choose to go with the "Volcano" patterm - as that was my second choice, and your first apparently!

Spazz

P.S. Methinks you need a manicure! Razz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 03, 2006 - 12:19 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
As soon as I confirm a for sure location I'll be ordering my tournies dice (mine will be simalar to cyberhare's only it will be a keg with a spiggot & the innitials NFBB (Niagaroth Falls Brewery Bash)

Awsome dice guys!

Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 03, 2006 - 12:33 PM

Spazzfist wrote:
P.S. Methinks you need a manicure! Razz

Not my fingers. That's the sample pic sent to me by Chessex. The actual die will be inked silver instead of the white in the photo. I couldn't not go with the Volcano pattern for Death Bowl now could I Cool

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 04, 2006 - 03:59 PM

Work is progressing well on the Death Bowl website. You can get a preview here of some of the team capabilities of the website. If you're already registered you can log in and start playing around with your roster and team settings. If you're not registered yet.. what the heck are you waiting for Wink

If y'all see any glitches around let me know and I'll see about fixing them.

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 07, 2006 - 05:45 AM

The tournament rules have been updated at the website. I've changed the Secret Weapon rules and added the special rules for "The Year of the Halfling".

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 08, 2006 - 06:12 AM

The registration and team entry features of the website are now up and running. If you see any errors while entering your team information please let us know about it so we can get it fixed. Work is going to continue on the website over the comming weeks so you might see a falling piece of code here or there.

The tournament rules have also been updated to reflect the special "Year of the Halfling" event that will be going on this year at The Death Bowl. If you have any questions about the rules or registration please don't hesitate to contact us.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 08, 2006 - 11:30 AM

Canada
What if we have questions about who the "us" is? Wink

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 08, 2006 - 01:08 PM

United States of America
the top fling team should get into the Deathbowl....

so all other races are playing for the other 3 spots

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 08, 2006 - 03:24 PM

Spazzfist wrote:
What if we have questions about who the "us" is? Wink

House Rulez. Who else Wink

Gken1 wrote:
the top fling team should get into the Deathbowl....

so all other races are playing for the other 3 spots

No they'll have to earn that right just like everyone else. There's already a special Flings only trophy.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic