NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 30, 2024 - 02:28 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Blood Bowl is a rough sport, people get hurt! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 08, 2006 - 03:40 PM

United States of America
year of the halfling.....more like bring flings and get your ass kicked Smile

although I suspect a fling team will do OK, but dwarves usually show up to deathbowl in #'s....and with all the tasty treats coming I'd expect a higher # than usual.

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 08, 2006 - 07:36 PM

Canada
All the more pity for them, when they get beaten by halflings! Very Happy

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2006 - 06:47 AM

gken1 wrote:
year of the halfling.....more like bring flings and get your *censored* kicked Smile

I'm still open to ideas that will help out the Flings if you have any. Zombie has made several suggestions over on the HR forum and I've adopted all of them save one, giving Deeproot reroll access. I just don't want to add any rules that constitute giving them a free ride. Everyone still has to earn their way into the championship round. The Fling leg up should just bring them on par with most other teams.

gken1 wrote:
although I suspect a fling team will do OK, but dwarves usually show up to deathbowl in #'s....and with all the tasty treats coming I'd expect a higher # than usual.

Actually I havn't seen many yet. Glen Jones has signed up but has listed his team as TBD (To Be Determined) Ben is the only Dwarf coach at the moment out of 11 signups.

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2006 - 06:53 AM

Spazzfist wrote:

There's truth in that rumor Laughing I don't know just how well the Dwarves will actually do against the flings. If they have no rerolls left and no Big Guy/Star of their own to take care of Deeproot and the 2 other trees I think they'll have a fight on their hands. Coaching ability aside, between equal coaches I'll be watching the first Fling/Dwarf matchup with interest to see just how it goes.

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2006 - 07:49 AM

United States of America
uh, Deeproot can use rr's according to the rules. Are u changing them so he can't?

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2006 - 08:26 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

gken1 wrote:
uh, Deeproot can use rr's according to the rules. Are u changing them so he can't?
Zombie and I asked the same question.

Galak

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2006 - 08:30 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

CyberHare wrote:
      Spazzfist wrote:

There's truth in that rumor Laughing I don't know just how well the Dwarves will actually do against the flings. If they have no rerolls left and no Big Guy/Star of their own to take care of Deeproot and the 2 other trees I think they'll have a fight on their hands. Coaching ability aside, between equal coaches I'll be watching the first Fling/Dwarf matchup with interest to see just how it goes.

Best I've ever done against Dwarves was tie (and I've done that 3 times) ... never been able to pull out a victory ... and that was with having Deeproot (able to use team re-rolls) and 2 Trees and the Dwarfs having lost all their re-rolls to me. Its a really difficult match-up to win ... even against a very poor Dwarf coach ... so if the other Dwarf coach has any skill ... the Halflings really don't have much of a prayer.

I'll caveat this by saying that if Zombie brings 'Flings .... then he might have a chance ... but outside of him ... I seriously doubt Flings can do it. I've played this exact scenario that you have set up (with Deeproot having re-rolls) at Underworld, Zlurpee, and the Chaos Cup and never did better than force the tie.

Galak

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2006 - 10:05 AM

gken1 wrote:

Well someone hasn't read the Death Bowl Rules yet Very Happy Yes I changed it so that Deeprott can't use team rerolls.

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2006 - 10:09 AM

United States of America
      CyberHare wrote:
      gken1 wrote:

Well someone hasn't read the Death Bowl Rules yet Very Happy Yes I changed it so that Deeprott can't use team rerolls.

well in your previous statement, you said you weren't going to "change the rules" so deeproot could use RR's---which according to the rules is legal, NOT that you changed the rules for DB that Deeproot couldn't use RR's. Yours is a change to the rules and a tourney specific rule, not the other way around.

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2006 - 10:17 AM

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Best I've ever done against Dwarves was tie (and I've done that 3 times) ... never been able to pull out a victory ... and that was with having Deeproot (able to use team re-rolls) and 2 Trees and the Dwarfs having lost all their re-rolls to me. Its a really difficult match-up to win ... even against a very poor Dwarf coach ... so if the other Dwarf coach has any skill ... the Halflings really don't have much of a prayer.

I don't know about not having much of a prayer. A tough matchup for sure but if all things being equal the likely outcome is a tie then I think that's pretty good and right about where I wanted them to be. Beyond that it'll be left up to coaching ability as it should be.

GalakStarscraper wrote:
I'll caveat this by saying that if Zombie brings 'Flings .... then he might have a chance

If Zombie takes Flings I expect a lot of moaning from his opponents about plays that defy all logic yet somehow he pulls them off Laughing He got a nack for that.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2006 - 11:32 AM

Canada
      CyberHare wrote:
I'm still open to ideas that will help out the Flings if you have any.

Well according the banner on NAF, the halflings are already overpowered! Wink

CyberHare wrote:
Actually I havn't seen many yet. Glen Jones has signed up but has listed his team as TBD (To Be Determined) Ben is the only Dwarf coach at the moment out of 11 signups.

Glenn will never play anything but dwarves. Or so he has told me. Would be a huge surprise if he came with anything else!

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2006 - 11:37 AM

Canada
      CyberHare wrote:
      GalakStarscraper wrote:

I don't know about not having much of a prayer. A tough matchup for sure but if all things being equal the likely outcome is a tie then I think that's pretty good and right about where I wanted them to be. Beyond that it'll be left up to coaching ability as it should be.

When you look at the probability of it, a halfling will be taken off the pitch every time that he is knocked down (7 being the most likely number on two dice, means that his armour will probably be broken and with the stunty injury rule he will most probably be knocked out (at best)). The only saving grace that ahalfling has is his dodge skill which can make him very difficult to put down. Dwarves not only have an abundance of the block skill that the halflings lack, but they are also able to take out their dodge skill when hitting them. Not to mention the troll slayers which are very effective at dealing with the treemen.

I have played halflings vs, dwarves, and managed to squeak out a tie, but it was pretty rough. Would not look forward to another! Dwarves are definitely the bane of halflings in BB. Sad

Spazz

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2006 - 04:08 PM

Spazzfist wrote:
Dwarves are definitely the bane of halflings in BB.

Bahh that's said about the Amazons as well. Obviously not the same stats we're talking about but again they somewhat cancel out the Amazons all dodge advantage. If they can't hit you they can't get you down.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2006 - 05:13 PM

Undisclosed
      CyberHare wrote:
      Spazzfist wrote:
Dwarves are definitely the bane of halflings in BB.

Bahh that's said about the Amazons as well. Obviously not the same stats we're talking about but again they somewhat cancel out the Amazons all dodge advantage. If they can't hit you they can't get you down.

Thats true...but how many Blodge Halflings do you think you'll see out there?

NAF Member #5236
---

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2006 - 05:39 PM

United States of America
av 6 + stunty vs av7.....big difference

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic