NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 30, 2024 - 08:30 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Gobbos: The other green meat. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
aerofoolOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2006 - 08:28 AM

United States
I think there needs to be much more teams!
Since there are no teams representing the other 3 major chaos gods we need MORE chaos teams! The regular Chaos team is great for Korne, but what about Slaanesh and Tzeentch??

When did Khemri become 1 tactic? I think the current Undead assortment works out ok. You have a Skelleton-based team, a Zombie-based team, a Vampire-based team and a team that is a little mix of all.

I think I will admit I thought it was a little redundant when the Pro-Elves were released but after some time I seehow they add a 2nd ed feel to the current team lists the 3rd ed and LRB editions were lacking. I like having elf teams that play differently instead of having Dark Elves and Wood Elves use the same rule set.

Ogres are one of the most enjoyable teams to field IMO. I just hate that I have to kill to find the long oop BB snotlings to have an all GW ogre team! That was the main reason I posted the question to begin with.

There are roster changes going on without easy access to the models to represent them. Once you get something close, you gotta convert-convert-convert!! Not everyone has the desire or even skills to take weapons out of the hands of WHFB snots and yheetees.

Maybe the proposal needs to be made that if GW continues to refuse funding for Blood Bowl models, GW needs to allow non GW models in their sanctioned competitions. We all know companies don't like to lose money, and knowing that several players of THEIR game are being FORCED to use some OTHER companies products to enjoy THEIR game.. well you know where I'm going with this. It just doesn't make any sense. It isn't at that point yet, but going at this rate it's not far off from happening.

triplepow.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
Rune_MasterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2006 - 11:54 AM

aerofool wrote:
There are roster changes going on without easy access to the models to represent them. Once you get something close, you gotta convert-convert-convert!! Not everyone has the desire or even skills to take weapons out of the hands of WHFB snots and yheetees.

Maybe the proposal needs to be made that if GW continues to refuse funding for Blood Bowl models, GW needs to allow non GW models in their sanctioned competitions. We all know companies don't like to lose money, and knowing that several players of THEIR game are being FORCED to use some OTHER companies products to enjoy THEIR game.. well you know where I'm going with this. It just doesn't make any sense. It isn't at that point yet, but going at this rate it's not far off from happening.

I don't think it is possible for me to be in MORE AGREEMENT with these statements! I have to dig around the internet for snotlings or am forced to convert models to play an Ogre team? Or option three...I'm planning to use gnoblars. They're cooler models anyway. Still, it's the principle...

And as a side note...personally, I don't think new races should be created without all the races in WFB being represented (yeah, yeah, I know they're different worlds) which only leaves one race ... BRETONNIANS!!!! Twisted Evil

"Ho! stand to your flagons steady!
'Tis all we have left to prize.
A drink to the dead already,--
Hurrah for the next that dies."
- ancient Dwarf toast

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2006 - 12:56 PM

Undisclosed
Hmm - lets see, a Bretonnian team.

Blitzers, Catchers, Throwers and linemen.
No BG - doesn't fit the Bret fluff.

Oh, wait, I've got it, take a human roster and don't take a BG (seeing as having one isn't meant to be any advantage over not having one nowadays),

Solved - next race please!

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Rune_MasterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2006 - 01:17 PM

Fluff is not an absolute as it can be appended to accomodate any situation. For example, the soon to be published fluff Galak previously detailed for the Slann written to accomodate and justify the potential Slann team.

A BG for Brets would potentially fit their fluff if it a veteran knight of some sort. Higher strength and armor, loner, mighty blow, some sort of negatrait where he looks down on the rest of the team(works like bone-head).

And I guess all "human" teams play EXACTLY the same, so there really is no need for an Amazon or Norse roster, just play the Human roster and use different models and call them Amazon or Norse....oh wait, they already have they're own rosters.

Next race? How about Necrons? According to the absolute of their fluff, they are hundreds of thousands of years old in the galaxy, they likely existed when BloodBowl was being played as well...

EDIT - Upon further reflection, nevermind. No point in arguing for the Brets, nobody listens anyway. Bring on the frogs.

"Ho! stand to your flagons steady!
'Tis all we have left to prize.
A drink to the dead already,--
Hurrah for the next that dies."
- ancient Dwarf toast

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic