NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 22, 2024 - 10:35 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Borak knows Blood Bowl. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 19, 2006 - 07:29 PM

United States of America
Thanks to everyone who made it out to the Underworld Cup 2006!
We all had a great time and next year I will do my best to make it even better! Very Happy

Here are the results. Pictures to follow soon....

Xtreme and Da 40 Miners are the Underworld Cup 2006 Champions!!
He will also get a free ticket to U-Con next year to come back and defend the title! Cool

My game highlights...

GAME 1
First game was against my future league opponent, Bobby and his Dwarves. The night before I beat them in my first ever Streetbrawl game so he was looking for revenge. Unfortunately I was able to outrun the Dwarves and win this game 2-0. I'm sure he'll take it out on my in our next league!

GAME 2
In my game against the Loren Reavers he managed to score 3 TDs by Turn 5 of the first half! We had a one turn Riot that moved the turn marker back, then he intercepted a pass with a catcher and ran right in. By the way, I rolled double skulls 5 times in the first half! I got my revenge in the 2nd half however. I caused 5 blocking casualties (more if you count fouls and crowd). He could only setup 1 player on the field at that point. It was fun to see that but it did not matter, Sol still got a great 4-1 victory.

GAME 3
I met Milo Sharp for the first time. I remembered his name from when I first "got the internet" back in 1996 and the old BB mailing list. We had a blast in this game. It was very similar to my last game actually. Milo's Skaven scored 4 TDs rather quickly while I spent the rest of the game knocking the rats around. I was actually trying to score but his Storm Vermin would just not let that happen. I lost 0-4, but those 5 casualties helped me deal with the loss.

GAME 4
Against the Arid Ancients I may have won 4-0, but 2 of them were onside kicks I happened to have a great kick land near me and got perfect defense both times. Easy to out run the Khemri! This was Tony's first tournament and only his 4th or 5th game ever. He had a great attitude in all his games and was great fun to play. I'm sure next year or at future tournaments he will become tough competitor with his heavy hitting 4 Mummy line.

GAME 5
I got to play my brother Dean. He plays Norse. I play Norse. He scored 1 TD. I scored 1 TD. He caused 1 casualty. I caused 1 casualty. This game went back and forth with tons of trash talking and some "Roll a 1!" and "Come on Double Skulls!" chants. He had one chance toward the end of the game to score the winning TD with his Runner but I managed to make a few key dodges and get in his way and get him down. My MVP of the day was my bald lineman Grimarr who had Guard. Not only was he always in the right place at the right time, but he ended up catching the bouncing ball to end the game at the tie.

This was my first tournament as organizer and it was a great time. I'll admit I was overwhelmed early on, but thankfully my wife Heather stepped in to help me out with all the scorekeeping and results while I was able to play. We had 13 people show up, so I had to be prepared to play to make it an even 14. Next year I might not be so lucky because Heather wants in the tournament with her Pro Elves!

Thanks again to everyone for making it out to Ann Arbor on cold and snowy weekend. Smile

Reply with quote Back to top
nyarlathotepOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 19, 2006 - 08:23 PM
Mekboy

Thanks, Jon, for hosting a great tournament! I had a lot of fun monopolizing the top table for too long.

My Tournament Record

Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 20, 2006 - 08:41 AM

Carol Stream
Although our gang from Chicago's CRUMBBL League didn't do so well, we all had an awesome time at the event. Luckily, Mike and Bobby got some of trivia questions correct and were able to bring some goodies back home in addition to the cool NAF ball for playing all 5 games. Next year we will be back (hopefully with more numbers) to try and take the Underworld Title away from the Indy crew and bring it to Chi-Town. Cool Cudos, Jon and Heather, for an excellent job on organizing and running this event, and saving the Underworld Cup from extinction. Wink

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 20, 2006 - 10:15 AM

United States of America
As soon as the 1 new signup to the NAF is in the system (Phil D), I can submit the results. Counting that new signup, this tournament was 100% NAF. That is great news!

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 20, 2006 - 02:04 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
Thanks Jonny great tournament.
Feel very honored to have ended up on top, when there where such a great group of guys there.

Did notice a lot of the Zlurpee Bowl Board members ended up at the top end of the standings. Might be something to that. Wink

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 20, 2006 - 04:08 PM

United States of America
Team Zlurpee did very well. Could they be the real Team Cobra Kai?

Updated website with pictures....

http://www.wowway.com/~kakistos/underworld.htm

Last edited by Jonny_P on Dec 23, 2006 - 10:59 AM; edited 1 time in total

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 20, 2006 - 05:35 PM

Congrads Brian for coming first, well done!

DagaronOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 22, 2006 - 04:31 PM

I had a great time at the Underworld Cup. Being my first Tourny, I can say that there is room for improvement. Hopefully here in the next few to come my mummies will realize that they actually can hurt more than just lizardmen.

Btw, can someone give me information on the tourny in May in Holland? Bryan mentioned it to me as he left but I can't find anything about it.

NAF Member #9407

TuernRedvenomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 23, 2006 - 02:04 AM

Dagaron wrote:

Btw, can someone give me information on the tourny in May in Holland? Bryan mentioned it to me as he left but I can't find anything about it.

I guess you mean the Madhobbit Massacre?
their site is:
http://www.madhobbit.net/massacre/

they haven't set a date yet (this year was in june) but usually it is the "pinksteren" weekend which this year is on 27-28 may 2007. Best contact the organiser (MadHobbit) to be sure though.

Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 23, 2006 - 09:11 AM

Carol Stream
I could be wrong, but I think he is talking about Holland, Michigan! Rolling Eyes

nyarlathotepOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 23, 2006 - 09:03 PM
Mekboy

Dagaron wrote:
I had a great time at the Underworld Cup. Being my first Tourny, I can say that there is room for improvement. Hopefully here in the next few to come my mummies will realize that they actually can hurt more than just lizardmen.

Hi Tony,

I'm kinda figuring the tourney out as I go along. I'm hoping to have rules ready next week so I can get it NAF sanctioned.

The Zlurpee forum is where I'm posting some information right now:

http://www.zlurpeebowl.com

This is the actual thread for the posting: http://www.zlurpeebowl.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=342&start=30

One thing I'm thinking of doing is playing the "Eclipse" card on a random turn in round three, which could have some interesting results!

My Tournament Record

TuernRedvenomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 24, 2006 - 01:02 AM

I could be wrong, but I think he is talking about Holland, Michigan! Rolling Eyes

hehe, whoops Embarassed Smile
I had no idea there was another Holland somewhere...

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 26, 2006 - 07:44 PM

United States of America
Any update on the new signup's NAF number?

I'm moving on Thursday and I would like to get the official results submitted before I lose any of my notes! Surprised

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 26, 2006 - 08:34 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
I'll start hounding some people.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic