NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 04:16 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Who remembers Dirty Player? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 - 06:16 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
      Mestari wrote:
      Doubleskulls wrote:
Razor Sharp Fangs, followed by Piling On. +4 vs Av, +2 Inj. Then the casualties roll in.

This is definitely the Power Gamers choice, and if you want to maximise your success you go for this.

True.

If you don't want to go down the murder team route then

Stand Firm is excellent for holding the line and means you never have to worry about failing a dodge.

Dodge is good for keeping you on your feet and improving mobility.

Tentacles or Prehensile tail will help tie down opponents.

Foul Appearance is quite good for reducing the amount you get hit and interfering with passing. However I'd suggest this is a skill where you need to give it to almost all your player who get doubles.

Reply with quote Back to top
TheDarksideOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 - 07:26 PM

That many maimed elves can't be wrong.... Wink Deep down, I knew Razor Sharp Claws was the Chaos thing to do, but I was still in a 'Human Team' frame of mind (need more armour). So, I shall go with that trait then.

However, after perusing the rules, it appears to me that I could not combine Razor Sharp Claws with Piling On. RSC says it can only be applied to damage caused by a block. Piling On states it is a skill used AFTER a block is made. Therefore, I do not believe they could be combined--anyone have a different theory?

DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 30, 2003 - 03:08 AM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
consider PO a AV modifier and the RSC is no probs. They can be combined, I'm quite sure on that one.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 30, 2003 - 04:14 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
      TheDarkside wrote:
However, after perusing the rules, it appears to me that I could not combine Razor Sharp Claws with Piling On. RSC says it can only be applied to damage caused by a block. Piling On states it is a skill used AFTER a block is made. Therefore, I do not believe they could be combined--anyone have a different theory?

You can stack RSF and Piling On/Claw/Mighty Blow so long as one effects the armour and the other the injury roll you are fine.

With all skills you decide to use them after the dice are rolled. So you can choose to Pile On after rolling Av (if you need to) and then use RSF to bump up the injury.

JJBOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 30, 2003 - 10:14 AM

I agree with Doubleskulls here. I will add that two things about the skill/trait/mutiation choice, being an experienced (and overall unlucky) coach:

- If you're not like me and do cause at least as many injuries as your opponent, if any, then stand firm is the trait to take in my opinion. For three reasons:
*Your opponent MUST bring you down after a block or you can slap him back for free (since you will be next to him and don't need to blitz to reach him). That puts a lot of pressure on him, which means forcing him to change his tactics - exactly what you want.
*Obviously, if you are desperate to make a dodge, SF will obviously not make you pay for a failed ag roll.
*More interestingly, you can use the chaos warrior to put somebody on the sideline next to a player you want to push out of the pitch - since all alternative squares will have been taken (by your CW), you will be able to block/blitz that guy out of the pitch. On the other hand, that plan will not backfire on you since your CW cannot be pushed out of the pitch with SF.

- If you're like me and struggle to injure your opponent, then the tactic of RZF is the best investment for a double in my opinion, with the further addition of piling on for the next skill roll.

I will add that dodge can be interesting, but I've tried it and it does not help your team as much as SF or RZF. The raison d'être of a chaos team is to cause casualties (so that it can outnumber its opponent and control the game). Dodge, while useful, is too defensive. It could be great when you CW gets his third or fourth skill roll, but not before - better to hit hard first than to be resistant, even more so when your CW is already hard to get out of the pitch with av9.

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 30, 2003 - 10:46 AM

Wow. A Chaos coach worked in "raison d'être" into the discussion. I'm not sure whether I should be impressed... or worried. Wink

-Oscar Wilde

JJBOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 30, 2003 - 05:36 PM

I guess this is what happens after 7 years of experience playing with chaos... :/

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 01, 2003 - 05:29 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
      skummy wrote:
Wow. A Chaos coach worked in "raison d'être" into the discussion. I'm not sure whether I should be impressed... or worried. Wink

Nah - he's french Very Happy

JJBOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 01, 2003 - 10:50 AM

Worried is the right thing to be Skummy.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic