NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 30, 2024 - 12:21 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Bonehead. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
majortuskOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 11, 2006 - 08:26 AM

United States of America
      Hangus wrote:
I don't think you can stop it other than doing like Carnage 4 and Monkey Bowl (and a few others ) and the non naf get signed up in the entrance fee. It saves hassle and even if they only play one a year they get some nice dice and in fairness they were going to pay the entrance fee anyway so they do not have to fork out any extra money.

I really think that automatically joining them up for the NAF without thier approval has got to have some type of legal issues.

should really rethink this practice. what if that person shows up at another tourney? another membership? Another welcome package? if that person didnt want to join in the first place, I doubt he/she will remember what their number is for a future tourney.

I personally think autosignup is a wrong turn.

BBC Lockerroom

Reply with quote Back to top
Styfen
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 11, 2006 - 08:35 AM

majortusk wrote:
I really think that automatically joining them up for the NAF without thier approval has got to have some type of legal issues.

You have a fair point, but it's worth noting that Wizards of the Coast (and other such companies) have a policy of 'you must sign up to our ranking system to play' and there doesn't seem to be any legal issues there.

As for players in those tournaments who don't bring their number. Yup they get a new one. And with regards to the welcome packages... Well they're not exactly regular on turning up are they? I've recieved my dice cause I asked for them and that's it. Wink

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 11, 2006 - 12:02 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Styfen wrote:
And with regards to the welcome packages... Well they're not exactly regular on turning up are they? I've recieved my dice cause I asked for them and that's it. Wink
With CyberHare out and Lycos in ... I'm really hoping that VERY shortly that specific issue will be addressed.

Galak

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic