NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 07, 2024 - 05:17 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Why do 2+ dodges fail so often? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 07, 2007 - 09:09 PM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
There will be four rounds in the draft. Meaning each coach will get 4 improvements for his/her team. No player may recieve more than one improvement at this stage. Although a player who recieved an improvement at the begining of the tournament may gain a second improvement during the draft. You are only allowed to draft skills it is possible for your players to recieve, so no mutations for the wood elves, sorry.

So when do these happen? There are four rounds of drafts, and seven games....

Notorious_jtb wrote:
There will be one of each stat increase and skill available to draft for every 12 players at the tournament (roughly). So if we get 20 players there will be 2 of each stat increase and 2 of each skill.

Sorry, this part just loses me! Confused

I understand the concept of who picks first, but when you pick, and whether you pick a skill or an attribute increase is still confusing to me. Don't beat yourself up to much trying to explain it to the likes of me, I am sure that it will make more sense when I am doing it!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Reply with quote Back to top
Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 08, 2007 - 01:12 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
There will be four rounds in the draft. Meaning each coach will get 4 improvements for his/her team. No player may recieve more than one improvement at this stage. Although a player who recieved an improvement at the begining of the tournament may gain a second improvement during the draft. You are only allowed to draft skills it is possible for your players to recieve, so no mutations for the wood elves, sorry.

Notorious_jtb wrote:
There will be one of each stat increase and skill available to draft for every 12 players at the tournament (roughly). So if we get 20 players there will be 2 of each stat increase and 2 of each skill.

I understand the concept of who picks first, but when you pick, and whether you pick a skill or an attribute increase is still confusing to me. Don't beat yourself up to much trying to explain it to the likes of me, I am sure that it will make more sense when I am doing it!

.............and how are you a teacher again?
Wink

Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 08, 2007 - 06:52 AM

Canada
      Clan-Skaven wrote:
.............and how are you a teacher again?
Wink

Just LOVE busting my chops about that don't you! Razz

But don't give me a hard time, give Joe's teachers a hard time for not teaching him how to explain himself properly in writing!

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 08, 2007 - 07:39 AM

Canada
Hahaha.

Ahh, I really should have kept it simple, I didn't need to give out so much information Wink

So "THE DRAFT" will occur at the end of day one, probably in a bar.

Each coach will get 30 seconds to pick a skill/improvement. Then the next coach will get a go. And so on until all the coaches have picked 1 skill. This process will be repeated 3 times, in the bar, directly after each other, until all the coaches have picked 4 skills/improvements. I really thought being in N America the draft concept would go over really easily, sigh.

The bit about the 12 players thing was a nod to the fact that I have no idea how many people will turn up, but if you read the skills/improvements list in the rule book you'll notice there is a limited supply Wink So if we have 12 people each picking 4, thats fine. But 20 people each picking 4 won't work unless we have more than 1 copy of the skills/improvements, therefore, my model is, for each 12 coaches (or part of) who sign up for the tournament there will be a full set of skills/improvements (a set being one of each). So as an example if we got 36 coaches we would have 3 +1ST and 3 Diving Catch and infact 3 of all the improvements/skills.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 08, 2007 - 07:41 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
JTB,

I'm all good with doing the four games on the first day, as that helps move things along on the second day. However, I would strongly advise against the seventh game on the second day, as these thigns never run on time, and for those of us with a ways to travel and workt he next day, it is a real bitch getting home at 2 in the morning.

My suggestion - have four games on day 1, and then two on the second day. I did that for my tourney last year, and it helps to get people back on the road at a decent time.

Spazz

I hear you Spazz. But seriously, with no overtime, and no deathbowl round, i think it should be cool. Although I might make the 1st game on day 2 7s and drop the 7s from day one. I just want people to get a 3 games to use all their happily drafted skills Smile

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 08, 2007 - 07:47 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Notorious_jtb wrote:

Notorious_jtb wrote:

You may pick any improvement or skill that it is legal for one of your players to take on any role of the dice, so no mutations on wood elves, but anyone is free to pick stat increases and skills that would require doubles.

There really is not much restriction, if you get to pick first you take what ever you like (almost).

There will be no extraordinary skills in the draft.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 08, 2007 - 07:49 AM

Canada
I've edited my original post on the draft to include some corrections and hopefully it makes more sense now.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 08, 2007 - 08:32 AM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
I hear you Spazz.

That's good! Most people just tune me out. Razz

Notorious_jtb wrote:
Although I might make the 1st game on day 2 7s and drop the 7s from day one. I just want people to get a 3 games to use all their happily drafted skills Smile

Now that I understand the draft rules better, I can appreciate your reasoning. I know that there are some <cough> clan-skaven <cough> who are really belly-achers about the BB7s round, but I would rather do that and get out earlier, than play so late. But however you choose to do it, I am looking forward to trying it out. May even have to steal the draft rules for the Q'ermitt this year if it works well! Wink

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: Tournament details update  PostPosted: Jan 11, 2007 - 06:32 AM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
Up to 80000 can be spent on player improvements. No player may have more than one improvement.
Leaving 1020000 for players and rerolls etc

Joe,

Started looking at some team ideas and I wanted to clarify something with you. When you say "up to" 80K, does that mean if you do not spend the full 80 K (say I buy a +ST and a reg skill = 70K) then I would get the additional 10K to buy players with? Or is any unspent skill money lost?

So is it really 110K can be spent on the team with up to 80K being spent on improvements? Not trying to be a pain in the a$$, honest! Just need to be sure that I am making my team properly.

Spazz

CramyOffline
Post subject: Re: Tournament details update  PostPosted: Jan 11, 2007 - 07:05 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
Up to 80000 can be spent on player improvements. No player may have more than one improvement.

Joe,

Started looking at some team ideas and I wanted to clarify something with you. When you say "up to" 80K, does that mean if you do not spend the full 80 K (say I buy a +ST and a reg skill = 70K) then I would get the additional 10K to buy players with? Or is any unspent skill money lost?

So is it really 110K can be spent on the team with up to 80K being spent on improvements? Not trying to be a pain in the a$$, honest! Just need to be sure that I am making my team properly.

Spazz

Spazz, I was going through the same thing last night, and had the same question. This can make a pretty big difference.

Joe, from the wording, I'm assuming that somebody could chose not to add any skills and spend the full 1.1Mil on player, rerolls, ACs and Cheerleaders?

BTW, can somebody chose to buy more FF with their 1.1Mil?

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: Re: Tournament details update  PostPosted: Jan 11, 2007 - 12:32 PM

Canada
      Cramy wrote:
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Notorious_jtb wrote:

Joe,

Spazz

Spazz, I was going through the same thing last night, and had the same question. This can make a pretty big difference.

Joe, from the wording, I'm assuming that somebody could chose not to add any skills and spend the full 1.1Mil on player, rerolls, ACs and Cheerleaders?

BTW, can somebody chose to buy more FF with their 1.1Mil?

sigh. I guess I am out of practice with the writing.

Ok so you have 1.1 million to spend.
80k of which may or may not (at your own discretion) be spent on improvements.
You may buy cheerleaders and Asistant coaches.
No additional FF can be bought.

hope this helps.

I will finish the rule document this weekend and I'll try and get it online in its entirity.

Joe

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Tournament details update  PostPosted: Jan 11, 2007 - 01:34 PM

Canada
Hey Joe,

Being the first 5.0 tourney that I will be attending, I am curious as to how the FF and FAME thing is going to be handled. Is each coach going to have equal FAME (i.e. +0) or are they going to roll for # of fans before the game start?

Spazz

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Tournament details update  PostPosted: Jan 11, 2007 - 02:27 PM

Canada
Hey Spazz,

yeah, i see where your coming from with the equal fame thing.
However, with equal FF it comes down to dice rather than who spent more on FF.
Dunno if everyone will do it this way but at least it starts 'fair'.
One thought is that it gives people who don't take coaches and cheerleaders a chance to equalise that by rolling well at the begining...
No strong opinion about it though.

Joe

p.s. this is a first for pretty much everyone tournament wise, so we may make all sorts of changes for the Deathbowl on theback of what works and fails to work in this baby.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Tournament details update  PostPosted: Jan 11, 2007 - 03:58 PM

Canada
Sure man, a lot of this is trying something out, and then if it doesn't work you tweak it! I know I did that with my first to second tourney, and there is still tweaks going tobe made for the third (not to mention the switch over to LRB5!)

Happy to play in it, however you want to do it, just want to get ideas for team planning is all! (He says with the crazy notion that he might win a game or two).

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 12, 2007 - 06:50 AM

Canada
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the answers.

You mentioned in an email (can't find it in this thread) that no inducements are allowed. To be fun and to "hope" to be competitive, Halflings and Goblins benefit greatly from inducements. For the most part, Deeproot and Master Chef for Halflings, and Bribes and Stars for the Gobbos. I think that Dan was planning to bring Halflings. I was pondering on bringing Goblins, but probably not either way.

This is not a problem, but I wanted to make sure that you (and Dan) were aware of this. For the future, it may be interesting to introduce special inducement exceptions for the Halfings and Goblins.

Marc-Andre

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic