NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 08, 2024 - 05:23 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Nuffle is a Blackshirt rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BB_BabeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 16, 2007 - 09:46 AM

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Mo .... I really hope we can help you with the other 2 styles of pitches for next year.

That would be wonderful and much appreciated. The Street Brawl pitch was certainly quite appreciated. Thanks!

Quote:
We are thinking about trying to do this over hear maybe for the Slaughter next year (2008) or another event in Indy at some point.

Yay! As well as having the variety of tactical situations, the shorter rounds are just great for tourney play. We started set up at 8am, followed by four rounds of play and a lunch break, and then a somewhat leisurely pack up was completed by 5pm.

Quote:
The question I'd like to ask Mo ... is if we could hook you up with enough game surfaces ... would you remove the OZ 7s choice from the list? Not asking you to remove it ... just wondering if you knew that you had enough boards for the 3 non-standards if you remove the full sized pitch option?

Galak

Hmm, I'm not sure. Aside from the availlability/supply issue, I think it's an intriguing tactical choice. It seems to work out as a good team-neutral pitch that doesn't inherently favour any certain team types. Although at least one of the Dwarf coaches was heard muttering that he should have taken a Street instead of the Oz 7s Laughing But I think all 4 boards gives a fun choice of pros and cons for team and pitch selection.

For myself, my first team consideration was Orcs on a Street. But looking at early team sign-ups, it looked like we'd have a number of Streets as home fields, so I decided to definitely take something else to make sure we had variety. I was strongly considering my Skaven Scorpions on either a regular 7s or an Oz 7s. The 7s lets the poor Linerats avoid the 1st turn pounding on defense, while Oz 7s gives the Runners a wide open field. But then I spotted the new frenzy mayhem capacity of the Norse and took the Beach so they'd have a narrow field, a first turn bash they could inflict on the line of scrimmage, and open sidelines to use all their Frenzy to send the other team crowd-surfing. With chain-frenzy attacks, no square on the Beach is safe from a crowd-surf Twisted Evil

Depending on the venue though, I would consider dropping the Oz 7s if space was tight. With just the smaller boards, you can comfortably fit 2 games on a 5' x 6' table, or a 2.5' x 8' table, or even a 2.5' x 6' if you try to keep a mazimum of 1 Street per table.

Incidentally, I've been using the short rosters and any of the 4 board types for teaching games at Arisia and at Pandemonium Books. And if I'm running more than 1 teaching game at a time, I make sure each one has a different board -- I had 3 going at once on Saturday at the convention. The quicker format is a nice compensation for the extra time it takes to explain the rules and answer questions. And as a bonus, the new players are introduced to all of the board types as valid options right away Cool

Cheers,
Mo

Some Boston Blood Bowl Stuff
http://redwings-wilder.livejournal.com/

Reply with quote Back to top
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 16, 2007 - 12:48 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

My honest hope is that by August of this year that we'll have the high end Street Brawl boards and also have felt boards useable for the other two. But it was just a curiousity how you would do things. Your explaination helps a lot. If I get in samples of either of the other two ... I promise you'll be one of the folks that gets one of the samples to give us feedback on.

Galak

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2007 - 11:06 AM

United States of America
I read this right after I order the regular one LOL

That's ok, I'll need multiples anyways. I liked having the Oz 7's as an option for the more agile teams.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic