NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 07, 2024 - 05:14 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Fractured Arm! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 16, 2007 - 11:40 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
Maybe we will be getting the bottoms of some of those Ottawa lasses handed to us as they swoon at the machismo of our Blood Bowl glory! Very Happy

No fear! TBBF (Totally Blood Bowl's Finest) are going to show you northern yokels how the game is played! Prepare to be invaded and put to shame!

Your slow mongrels will have to stop my speedy rats though. They'll raise so much dust that you won't be able to find them once they've zoomed by. Wink

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 16, 2007 - 12:06 PM

Canada
      Cramy wrote:
Your slow mongrels will have to stop my speedy rats though. They'll raise so much dust that you won't be able to find them once they've zoomed by. Wink

I don't blame your rats for running and hiding! I would too if I were you! Get in my way, however, and the dust raised will be from your bones!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 16, 2007 - 01:07 PM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Cramy wrote:

I don't blame your rats for running and hiding! I would too if I were you! Get in my way, however, and the dust raised will be from your bones!

Bah, rats are expendable. We breed like crazy. You can go ahead and have fun throwing dust in the air. While you do that, I'll be scoring TDs.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2007 - 08:37 AM

Canada
The rules for the tournament can be found here:

http://www.coredge.com/urban/bloodbowl/The%20Capital%20City%20Kick%20Off%202007%20Rules.doc

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2007 - 08:58 AM

Canada
Thanks for the info Joe, you anticipated my question of whether the players with skills before the torney can take more at the draft - that is good to know that they can take one more!

One other question - are players limited to the skills that they can normally take? I know you mentioned mutations, but what about big guys (and stunties and mummies, etc.) taking general skills (or other skill areas they don't normally have access to)?

Oh yeah..... and I'm gonna totally kick all yer a$$es! Very Happy

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2007 - 10:00 AM

Canada
A player may take any skill he may normally take on doubles or normal rolls so if he can't get it, he/she can't have it.

So in the case of mutations, only 3/4 teams can take them at all. But pretty much everyone can have general/agility/passing/strength skills on doubles so can draft them.

oh yeah... in your dreams Very Happy

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2007 - 10:01 AM

Canada
Update:

From the GTA we have myself and Ben coming, Ben is trying to convince his nephew to come. Rob is coming from the Falls, and Rob is trying to convince Rod to come as well.

But you can count on 3 from our neck of the woods for sure.

Spazz

P.S. I'm the greatest!

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2007 - 10:28 AM

Canada
Good to know! Keen for folk!

For reference for anyone coming to town without a place to stay this seems like another good, central and cheap location for staying:

The laurier guest which does have parking available, and has rooms for groups too, $23 dollars per person/night in 4 sharing bunk roomey thing
http://hostel-ottawa.com/

p.s. no your not,, my mum is!

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2007 - 10:53 AM

Canada
Couple of things....

First off in the rosters for the 7`s it is written that the Fling team is allowed 2 Treemen. Is this right, if so that would rock.
Second and maybe I missed it somewhere, how much is it to join the tournament.
Third, while you are all trash talking and seeing who is the greatest, my FLings are running in between your legs and heading down for another TD. Laughing

Dan

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2007 - 11:52 AM

Canada
      Taxal wrote:
Couple of things....

Dan, couple means two - you made three points! Get with it man!

Taxal wrote:
First off in the rosters for the 7`s it is written that the Fling team is allowed 2 Treemen. Is this right, if so that would rock.

Two treemen, three treemen, it won't matter! I'll kill 'em all!

Taxal wrote:

Well they are paying me to attend for the celebrity drawing that it will have!! I hear that JJ may even come just so that he can get a game in with me! Cool

Taxal wrote:
Third, while you are all trash talking and seeing who is the greatest, my FLings are running in between your legs and heading down for another TD. Laughing

Man, I don;t know what your experience is with Nurgle teams, but I think the last thing you want to do is be running through their legs for fear of what may drop on you! Shocked

Face it lads, I'm unstoppable!

Spazz

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2007 - 01:41 PM

Canada
      Taxal wrote:
Couple of things....

Dan

Yeah I decided flings should get both treemen. Although I dunno if i included u don't get to use deeproot...... I meant to, and that will be the rule.

You may notice that gobbos get to use a secret weapon guy in the 7s, if anyone was going to use them............

Cost wise is not set in stone yet, but the plan is $25 with a $5 discount for NAF members. This is to encourage any non NAF membered ottawa folks to join Smile
So $20 to you mate!

JTB

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2007 - 09:35 PM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:

You may notice that gobbos get to use a secret weapon guy in the 7s, if anyone was going to use them............

This I don't have a problem with......

Notorious_jtb wrote:
I decided flings should get both treemen. Although I dunno if i included u don't get to use deeproot...... I meant to, and that will be the rule.

This I do! Two treemen in the 7's is brutal! The board is smaller which means they are harder to avoid anyways - with two on the pitch it will be nigh impossible! What kind of bribe is Dan offering you? Wink

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 18, 2007 - 06:55 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Notorious_jtb wrote:

This I don't have a problem with......

Notorious_jtb wrote:
I decided flings should get both treemen. Although I dunno if i included u don't get to use deeproot...... I meant to, and that will be the rule.

This I do! Two treemen in the 7's is brutal! The board is smaller which means they are harder to avoid anyways - with two on the pitch it will be nigh impossible! What kind of bribe is Dan offering you? Wink

I was originally thinking "bribe" as well Wink But now I'm thinking that Joe is just helping-out the Montreal folks such that they don't lose too many games. We should let them win at least one game ... Very Happy

But yeah, two treemen on the 7's pitch is going to be brutal. Especially for slow, low AG teams like Nurgle. Wink

Marc-Andre

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 18, 2007 - 07:39 AM

Canada
      Cramy wrote:
But yeah, two treemen on the 7's pitch is going to be brutal. Especially for slow, low AG teams like Nurgle. Wink

It would be if I was going to be facing them - but by the time the 7's round comes along, the halflings will be at the bottom of the heap where they belong, whereas the Nurgle team will rise to the top like the film of scum on Lake Ontario! I need not fear the treemen in the 7's game, I was only worried about the bottomfeeders getting whupped! Smile

TalonsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2007 - 01:33 PM

Just a little shout out to everyone............HELL YEAH!!!!!!

Joe, let Glen Jones know that he will once again feel the wrath of my mighty Crookback Mountain Cowboys!!!!

Can't wait to see everyone, travel safe everyone. I will see you all on the weekend.

P.S Craig......Your dreaming again!!! Dude you should really call the doctor!!!! Razz

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic