NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 11:17 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Go for it! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 25, 2003 - 08:18 AM

Canada
Just to make sure I interpret this the right way Galak:

Boris, my dumb a** minotaur, has to Block that stinky Black Orc Bloker who thought it was a good idea to mingle with the cowhead;

He rolls Double skulls;
Since he has Pro, he uses it and rolls a 1;
There's a Leader on the pitch, so he can use a re-roll on his pro roll and gets a 4;
He rolls Double POW's
Piles on to break the AV;
Rolls Double 6 and another 6 to teach that BOB a good lesson!

Is that correct ?

Fred

Reply with quote Back to top
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 25, 2003 - 01:33 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Concordia wrote:
Just to make sure I interpret this the right way Galak:

Boris, my dumb a** minotaur, has to Block that stinky Black Orc Bloker who thought it was a good idea to mingle with the cowhead;

He rolls Double skulls;
Since he has Pro, he uses it and rolls a 1;
There's a Leader on the pitch, so he can use a re-roll on his pro roll and gets a 4;
He rolls Double POW's
Piles on to break the AV;
Rolls Double 6 and another 6 to teach that BOB a good lesson!

Is that correct ?

Fred

Yup, the entire sequence you described is perfectly legal with the current LRB 2.0 rules, and yes that will teach that BOB a lesson.

Galak

AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 25, 2003 - 03:35 PM

Toronto, ON
You forgot the part where my Dirty Player comes and gives that Mino a good kicking!

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 25, 2003 - 03:39 PM

But Anthony - he was Piling On your Dirty Player!

-Oscar Wilde

ponkavitchOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 26, 2003 - 10:43 PM

Now my question is if the roll was that important why didn't you use the TRR in the first place?

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 27, 2003 - 12:21 AM

Undisclosed
Perhaps because they wanted to make an action later in their turn which they didn't have a skill re-roll for? For example, maybe making a short pass with a catcher or something like that?

In some cases, it might be better to try the Pro and save the TRR. Doesn't always work though (speaking from bitter experience here).

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

jejaatinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2003 - 06:18 AM

I just wanted to point out one tiny factor that has been bothering me in this pro reroll and TRR issue. I don't deny that these arguments about rerolling the pro-roll wouldn't be correct, but if we look more closely on the LRB 2.0 it says "Once per team turn, a Pro is allowed to re-roll any one dice roll he has made. However, before the re-roll may be made, his coach must roll a dice. On a roll of 4, 5 or 6 the re-roll may be made." Okay this is quite clear: Pro-player is allowed to re-roll one dice roll he has made. Then it get's complicated: However, blablaa, his COACH must roll a dice.

See my point?

I assume that we know the differences between the dice rolls made by the players and the dice rolls made by the coach. When a player uses a skill he is allowed to use a team re-roll to re-roll that dice roll. Again LRB says:"A coach may use a team re-roll to re-roll a dice roll for an action carried out by a player in their own team during their own team turn." So when using TRR the coach is using it for an action carried out by a player. But when the coach rolls a dice i.e. kick off-results etc, the TRR is unavailable.

So here we must choose, whether the coach is the one rolling the roll to see if the pro-skill can be used, and ergo TRR couldn't be used to re-roll that die roll, or it is actually the player rolling the pro-roll to see if he can re-roll the original roll (which is not the case in LRB) and ergo he could get the coach use the TRR for his pro-roll.

I think that we should see the difference between the rolls made by the COACH and the rolls made by the players (which are also actually made by the coach, but probably you understand what I'm saying) on the field.

What sayst thou?

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2003 - 08:33 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

I sayst that the coach has diddly squat to do with a player's skill that caused him to become a Pro, and that it is clearly the player rolling this.

If the coach has the Pro skill ... I'd agree ... but he doesn't so clearly this is a case of the player making the Pro skill roll. Which means it can be rerolled with a team reroll.

Galak

Fozzybear76Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2003 - 09:21 AM

This is really a silly arguement. If you have a team re-roll, why would not use that before the pro roll. The only reason that I see for using a Pro re-roll is for Big Guys, who cannot use a team re-roll, and when you are out of the team rerolls for the half. Rolling Eyes

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2003 - 10:06 AM

You could try to do it if you have a long series of very questionable rolls to make. Say the only way you can score is to have your 3 AG pro beastman hand off the ball to your agility gimped Chaos Warrior, who still needs to go for it twice and dodge to get to the end zone before the half ends. The Beastman rolls a 1 when he's trying to get to the CW. Using Pro on the GFI is actually a smart move in this situation, as you're almost certainly going to need the reroll for a chance at a score.

-Oscar Wilde

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2003 - 10:11 AM

United States of America
Great example!

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2003 - 01:17 PM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
yeah roll enough 4+ and no one needs TR (look at my wardancer leap in your cage and fall .. 4+ .. push back and strip ball your ball carrier.)
it saves TR

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2003 - 01:20 PM

Undisclosed
      Quote:

It a good tactic when you have a player with Pro and want to try and save the team reroll for a later action in the turn.

Galak:

I think your sequence is correct in the last post, but earlier, it looked as if you were recommending it as a way of saving the team reroll for later in the turn. If I'm following you correctly, wouldn't the team reroll already have been used during this sequence and therefore be unavailable? And if so, it may be a high price to pay unless the particular move for that player is critical.

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2003 - 02:23 PM
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl

That is exactly as I thought it worked, glad there is someone out there with sufficiant command of the English language to make clear that which until now has only made sense in my head.....

Mr. Green

224th at The World Cup II

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2003 - 02:28 PM

Undisclosed
      Fozzybear76 wrote:
This is really a silly arguement. If you have a team re-roll, why would not use that before the pro roll. The only reason that I see for using a Pro re-roll is for Big Guys, who cannot use a team re-roll, and when you are out of the team rerolls for the half. Rolling Eyes

Howabout my 4 vamps all needing to use their Pro in one turn to get the ball (dodge, gaze, block and GFI iirc). Couldn't have pulled off the play without it.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic