NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 02, 2024 - 03:19 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Got Block? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LycosOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Pearly Kings & Queens 4- 28th-29th April, Camden  PostPosted: Apr 09, 2007 - 12:19 PM
Former President

Undisclosed
Meeeooowww!! Ouch!

Reply with quote Back to top
dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Pearly Kings & Queens 4- 28th-29th April, Camden  PostPosted: Apr 15, 2007 - 09:30 AM
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl

This post is in responce to a couple of people asking if the Halfling Chef is allowed at PKQ4 as the rules aer not 100% clear on the subject.

The Halflings cannot use the Chef.

I just had a go creating a couple of 110 Halfling rosters and you can indeed make a pretty tasty ( Wink ) stunty team without a chef. Remember that Assistant Coaches, Cheerleaders and indeed Fan Factor have a more important role in games these days (ref. kick-off table and winnning the Fame roll) and you can afford a decent amount of all three of those plus 4 re-rolls and a full 14 Halfling/two tree roster at 110.

Pearlies has classically been one of the more vanilla tournaments on the scene with the bare minimum of special rules and as such will remain so as this year is the first time I've run it and I don't want to make any sweeping changes.

Don't panic, I honestly think that Halflings at 110 can achieve more than the stats of a basic Halfling would suggest and as it appears that there will be quite a few 'short teams' attending the weekend at least you can beat up your fellow 'teams of restricted height'. And besides, if you manage a draw (and god forbid a win) then you have bragging rights for a long time... Cool

224th at The World Cup II

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Pearly Kings & Queens 4- 28th-29th April, Camden  PostPosted: Apr 17, 2007 - 04:19 PM

*PEARLIES UPDATE*

Ok, just to reiterate, we are now up to 42 people interested with 33 people paid up and guaranteed entry. I'm going to see the exact tables we are moving into the club to play on this weekend but as I have said already we are realistically only likely to make it to about 44-45 guys before we run out of room. Confused I mention this as a number of chaps have requested to pay on the door, or casually mentioned 'yeah, I normally pay when I arrive' and I don't want to turn people away.

As such please check your paypal account (or cheque-book) as it has to be first come, first in and I'd hate to offer chaps who want to pay on the day a warm greeting and the offer of

"You're more than welcome to watch others play and have a drink..."

C'mon chaps, if you're up for the PQK challenge then it's better to get it sorted early rather than being disappointed later. Smile

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Pearly Kings & Queens 4- 28th-29th April, Camden  PostPosted: Apr 21, 2007 - 05:23 AM

One week away from the event so I have ammended the list on the front page to show only the numbers who have paid to get an accurate idea of how many players we will have on the weekend.

37! Cool

That is 37 paid up players which means a great event with some top quality coaches including the chap who was in the Blood Bowl final last year! Very Happy

I'm really looking forward to this now, can't wait to see you guys there, hope alot of you are planning to come out for a meal (optional) and a beer (almost compulsory Wink ) on the Saturday night. I will make an 'official' announcement about our plans next week but they basically include three choices:
* the option of going to a pretty nice restaurant for food & a civil drink Cool
* the option of getting some quick/nasty take-away food then straight back to drinking Razz
* the option of straght drinking all the way

So something to suit everyone...

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Pearly Kings & Queens 4- 28th-29th April, Camden  PostPosted: Apr 22, 2007 - 04:56 PM

Bit of an update for those using the postcode that I posted on the front page to help find the venue; the club had it listed incorrectly on their own site! Rolling Eyes (too much 'rockin' if you ask me... Wink )

No matter, I have found out the correct postcode, changed the front page address and have a map here:

(I can e-mail it to anyone if necessary but there may be a hint of sarcasm in regards to the reason you couldn't copy and paste it from here Razz ).

This is gonna rock!

Last edited by dwarfcoach on May 01, 2007 - 12:03 AM; edited 1 time in total

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Pearly Kings & Queens 4- 28th-29th April, Camden  PostPosted: Apr 27, 2007 - 07:23 AM

Ok, almost D-day, anyone have any last minute problems please call me on

Look forward to seeing everyone there...

Last edited by dwarfcoach on Apr 30, 2007 - 11:58 PM; edited 1 time in total

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Pearly Kings & Queens 4- 28th-29th April, Camden  PostPosted: Apr 29, 2007 - 03:08 PM

Grotuk is the new Pearly King for 2007!!!

Runner Up: Vulture Squadron

Most Casualties: Stu

Most TD's: Valan

Best Painted: Richy

Blackshirt Hunter: Pippy (Brendan S)

Best Stunty Coach (& Stunty Cup Winner): Rodders

'Bottom of the Barrel' aka Wooden Spoon: Michael Ryan

Loads of laughs, lessons learned, beer drunk, stress overcome and now I need to sleep for about 24 hours Laughing .

Thanks alot guys, great bunch of chaps (well 38 is an odd sized bunch but there you go...?) and thoroughly enjoyed the weekend.

Roll on the Blood Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 03, 2007 - 03:49 PM

Undisclosed
So, where's the rankings then. Wink

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 04, 2007 - 02:47 AM

Calm is good. They are currently being worked on, have patience young one... Razz

hoomin_erraOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 04, 2007 - 03:33 AM

Scotland
Yes Yoda

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 04, 2007 - 07:51 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Full results are available from http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/pkq.php

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2007 - 05:03 AM

Pictures courtesy of intrepid photographer Peter Pa... well Darkson:

The flash on my camera is not great but it was definitely the darkest tourney I've ever been to, appropriate seeing as it was held in a dingy rock club in Camden:

Al the Trowel looks over at Ronnies game thinking 'I wish I was playing Ronnie right now' as he faces Grotuk, the guy who would go on to win PKQ4:

Richy (bottom right hand corner) doing his best interpretation of 'Man stressed by Blood Bowl':

Valen gives his normal response to 'It's your round Gav' and Grumbledook taking a beating from Bunny Girl:

Game One on the Saturday and the two top ranked players of the event (Pearlies is seeded via NAF ranking for the first round) Pippy and Doubleskulls. Pippy thinking 'Right, 1-0 down, I've really got to step up my game now'. Ian thinking 'Right, I've spent 45 minutes of this game messing around with DC's laptop, hopefully I can just play my game now... Rolling Eyes ':

Vulture Squadron not happy about Pete from Bars taking a blitz action and Lucifer playing like a (self-confessed) tool against Pigstar:

Jammy Dodger playing Lowny and wondering why his dice have been replaced with a pile of guano:

Lycos gazing over at Darkson whilst thinking 'Hmm, Chaos really is not the best team in the Blood Bowl game':

Unfortunately as my photographer was only there on Saturday and I was playing as well as running the event on Sunday I have no pics of Sunday or the winners Sad . If anyone does please post them here of e-mail them to me at dwarfcoach@googlemail.com and I will host them.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic