NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 08, 2024 - 04:23 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Rock n Roll rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 21, 2007 - 12:18 PM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
      Eggball wrote:
What happens if two Ogre coaches both hire Nobbla or Scrappa? Do the stars cancel out?

I'm also working on an Ogre team myself. But with a maximum of about one hour to paint per week, I may not get them ready in time....

I think that the stars may have to cancel out. Although if both ogre coaches have the same two players, maybe they get one each? Hmm, good question Eggball. I will refer this one to the Ottawa rules committee.

In normal games of BB, this would work (to cancel the stars out) but you have to keep in mind that there will be two other opponents that will be getting an advantage by the cancelling of these players.

I would say, that given the draw of the Deathbowl you have many skilled players who are coming out - some of whom are very similiarly skilled. But then that's just me....

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Reply with quote Back to top
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 21, 2007 - 12:22 PM

Canada
I might agree with you on that one spazz

For the sake of simplicity we will probably say that all the stars for the ogres can play

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 21, 2007 - 12:39 PM

Vancouver, BC
      Spazzfist wrote:
...There will be muchos muertes and the blood will spill around my feet as the broken and torn limbs form piles on the pitch. The Snotlings will dance in the splattered remains of your bodies, and hail victory chants to the adoring fans. Glory shall beong to the Luchadores one way or another, you had only better hope that you are not sitting across from me!

Why am I not suprised that Spazz is running a Rudos camp? It seems the only way he can win is to break the rules. But, Spazz you must realise that the Técnicos always win in the end.

Thought I would add a little Lucha Libre terms to the argument . . . .

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 21, 2007 - 12:46 PM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
      Spazzfist wrote:
...There will be muchos muertes and the blood will spill around my feet as the broken and torn limbs form piles on the pitch. The Snotlings will dance in the splattered remains of your bodies, and hail victory chants to the adoring fans. Glory shall beong to the Luchadores one way or another, you had only better hope that you are not sitting across from me!

Why am I not suprised that Spazz is running a Rudos camp? It seems the only way he can win is to break the rules. But, Spazz you must realise that the Técnicos always win in the end.

Thought I would add a little Lucha Libre terms to the argument . . . .

I bow to your incredible knowledge of mexican wrestling. I feel as though I am missing out. Maybe I should go rent Nacho Libre.

p.s. Eric just sent you the stuff for the website from deathbowl@gmail.com let me know if it gets spammed out :0

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 21, 2007 - 01:49 PM

Canada
[quote="Eric.R."]Why am I not suprised that Spazz is running a Rudos camp? It seems the only way he can win is to break the rules. But, Spazz you must realise that the Técnicos always win in the end.[quote]

No muchachos, you are muy mistaken. It is those who have the motivación who are the victors.

And letme re-assure you my soon to broken-backed little heffe, I have muy motivación!

Luchadores will crush!

BB_BabeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 21, 2007 - 06:20 PM

My travel plans and budget for October are more complicated now than anticpated. I'm still trying to sort things out so I can make the trip, stay tuned...

But Los Ogros son todos rudos -- Los Tornados Enmascardos call Camino Rudo their home pitch. After experiencing the terrible crush of a Tornado Drop, uno técnico will have no motivación to rise again Orc

Can you purchase more than 1 skill for a player?

Cheers,
Maureen

CMLLBB
Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre Blood Bowl

Some Boston Blood Bowl Stuff
http://redwings-wilder.livejournal.com/

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 21, 2007 - 06:50 PM

Canada
Hey Maureen fingers crossed you can make it. It would be ace to see the ogre face off!

You can definitely take more than one skill or stat increase on a player. the only limits are the ones in LRB5 no more than 6 improvements on a player and no more than +2 to any stat.

JTB

Eggball
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 22, 2007 - 06:43 AM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
So can I take this as an indication that your coming?

Yup, I plan to be there with or without my Ogres!

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 22, 2007 - 01:42 PM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:

I bow to your incredible knowledge of mexican wrestling. I feel as though I am missing out. Maybe I should go rent Nacho Libre.

You can begin your education here:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2023621461

enjoy!

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 22, 2007 - 10:40 PM

Vancouver, BC
Nacho Libre is an insult to the art that is Lucha Libre. Jack Blake can suck Ray Mysterios's. . . well you can figure the rest. If I knew spanish more than burrito and taco I would sling some insults that would make any sailor blush.

BTW, Spazz Asso Wipo (later renamed 'the Wiper' when he joined the WWF) is not the Jack-A$$ that you portray him to be as he would never break the back of a baby or the holy back of a priest . . . Now El Diablo Negro is a real mutha to contend with . . . And do not get me started on Senoir Bag`o`Crap . . . (I watched MADTV religiously back in the day, so don't contest, BIATCH!!)

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 22, 2007 - 11:02 PM

Canada
Back off man, or I will break your wooden spoon like so! On my knee!

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 24, 2007 - 08:11 AM

Canada
Hahaha, you better be bringing allsorts of silly names and "chat" to the tournie!
This is gonna be fun!

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 24, 2007 - 10:55 AM

Canada
Yeah the luchadores themselves have some good names - including the homage to El Asso Wipo! I will post pics of them shortly, as they are done, as they only need bases now. "Los Cucarachas" are assembling as we speak, and will also be shown when they are ready.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 25, 2007 - 06:21 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
After reading the rules of the Death-Bowl I have decided not to go. I will be attending the Capital City Kick Off instead.

I do like the idea of 4 rounds of Death Bowl change I think it can work. I like the enforced timers on the games.

I do agree talking to an opponent while they are trying to do thier turn is indeed rude, stratagising plans with the others at the table isn't. And for the record it is not Alliance Bowl when you make plans with someone to help you try & do better it is called smart planning. I'm not trying to bash you're thread please don't take it as such Cool I'm just stating that the DB was a very successfull tourney in the past (I was at 2,3 & 4! All very successfull! (I hope this one will be as well) It's just to go & change the format (4 DB rounds instead of one DB round at end) that (to me works) putting a strict timed limmit as well works. But to take out the parts of Death-Bowl that made it for what it was (& made it so very fun & my personal favourite tourney) in my opinion takes the whole excitement out of the game.

I loved the plays where I'm going to block player X's lineman & then other players announce assists afterwards (sometimes it worked for you & sometimes the opponents screwed you or backstabbed you) That is not Alliance Bowl that is Death-Bowl!

I'm sorry guys I'm not trying to put a black cloud over you're tourney, I'm just stating my opinion on the extreme changes that are being made to the Greatest BB tourney I look forward to every year.
Confused
It would be kind of like having a red or blue glow appear behind the puck on a pass or shot on a telivised hockey game (might seem like a good idea at the time, but....)

In closing I wish you all a great success with the Death-Bowl & I hope many still attend, I was only going to go to one Ottawa tourney & was seriously considering the DB, but after the read up on the new set of rules I will be Ottawa bound in Jan. instead.

Others reading this don't take this as me bashing the organisors I know they are are all very capable of continuing the DB legacy of a great event (just not in the same way I personaly would like it, then again I have ordered a triple anchovy pizza before, I bet not too many would agree with my choice there). Still Good Luck guys I wish you the best of luck with the tourney.

Best Wishes Rod.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 25, 2007 - 07:56 PM

Canada
Sorry to hear that you will not be coming out Rod, you will be missed!

But while I understand what the new Deathbowl Organizers are trying to do and that many of the changes are designed to ensure the speed of the games, I do have to agree with Rod on a couple of points:

1) I think the whole idea of taking out assisting blocks from either team is kinda silly, it does not make much sense, and takes out a fun element of the game.

2) I think you can do what you want to try to remove the element of "Alliance Bowl", but it is going to happen regardless. Imagine if there is a Deathbowl table set up like this:

Joe

Rod Ben

Craig

If Joe is about to score on me, and there is nothing (or very little) I can do about it, and Rod has a chance to score on Ben, b ut the only thing in his way is me, then I will move out of Rod's way to allow him to score before Joe scores on me. That isn't Alliance Bowl, that's just smart playing. I would rather end up tying Joe then allowing him to score and letting him actually have a chance at beating me! Wink

And that is only one example....

I love Deathbowl, I love the road trips, and I am strangely happy to saee you Ottawa boys (even for all the abuse I take from you guys). I am happy to come out and have some games, and then form a more educated opinion after I see what it is like in practise as oppose to on paper.

....but I would seriously consider what you are trying to do, and not try to fix something too much that really wasn't broken to begin with.

Spazz

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic