NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 29, 2024 - 08:28 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
That's ok - he has Regenerate. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 11, 2007 - 06:41 AM

Canada
In Ottawa, all the leagues that I know of play LRB5. The Ontario tournament scene is only LRB5.

I like LRB5 a lot, more than LRB4. Ageing is gone, which is good (but it was house-ruled out of most leagues that I know of). Inducements are in, and they are fun. A few chainsaws here and there, with the odd cards (if the league allows for cards and stars).

The new skills make things more interesting. No more super killer skill combos that you can't do anything against.

For tournaments, there is almost no difference between the LRBs. Inducements are typically not allowed, so a TR100 in LRB4 or a TV100 in LRB5 usually amounts to the same team construction. As for skills, the ususal suspects are also taken. The new skills, like Fend, Wrestle, Juggernaut, etc... make the odd apperance, but are not pervasive.

If you want more info, you may want to start a new thread so that we don't hijack this one.

Cramy

Reply with quote Back to top
Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 11, 2007 - 12:40 PM

Vancouver, BC
      grant85 wrote:
have you guys played many games with the LrB 5?
I have not
and i cant say Im to into it from first looks

There is the first problem: you just looked at it. Any bets you have also read many of the Anti-LRB5 threads aswell - Bad Idea. You have to play under these rules to fully grasp how the changes affect the game and then decide to adopt them or return to LRB 4.

Before the TBBF started on LRB5 everyone had their concerns cause they thought they understood how the changes affected the game. And, there were many misconception and misunderstandings. It was simply that they were ill informed. Now that everyone has played it, I beleive we are all proponants of it.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 11, 2007 - 01:35 PM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
      grant85 wrote:
have you guys played many games with the LrB 5?
I have not
and i cant say Im to into it from first looks

There is the first problem: you just looked at it. Any bets you have also read many of the Anti-LRB5 threads aswell - Bad Idea. You have to play under these rules to fully grasp how the changes affect the game and then decide to adopt them or return to LRB 4.

Before the TBBF started on LRB5 everyone had their concerns cause they thought they understood how the changes affected the game. And, there were many misconception and misunderstandings. It was simply that they were ill informed. Now that everyone has played it, I beleive we are all proponants of it.

here here

really for the ccko, you won't notice much of difference from LRB4

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 13, 2007 - 06:11 AM

Canada
The general gameplay has not changed, it just all the added rules that were modified. I would agree, once you play a couple of games, you will notice they improved it for the better overall.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 13, 2007 - 07:13 AM

Canada
Joe,

Who is going to be the odd man out for this one? If you (and Jonesa) are playing, what races are you goign to take? Please say that you are going to man-up and start playing something other than orcs! (Can I reccomend vampires?) Wink

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 13, 2007 - 11:14 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
Joe,

Who is going to be the odd man out for this one? If you (and Jonesa) are playing, what races are you goign to take? Please say that you are going to man-up and start playing something other than orcs! (Can I reccomend vampires?) Wink

Spazz,

Glenn is going to be odd man out for this one. I don't know what he is going to take, he has endless choice after all.

Re manning-up, I believe I played goblins at deathbowl and undead at the Naggaroth bowl, so how much more man can you handle?

I can confirm that vampires are not a possibility. Orcs are also unlikely.
Smile

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 13, 2007 - 12:08 PM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
Re manning-up, I believe I played goblins at deathbowl and undead at the Naggaroth bowl, so how much more man can you handle?

Well not as much man as Eric's mom can handle, that's a promise! Very Happy

But hold on there, Skippy, you HAD to play another team at the Naggaroth Bowl (and I STILL had to play your orcs) and then playing goblins at the Deathbowl only seemed decent as you were the odd man out (yet somehow you still win the whole thing - sheesh! But we both know, that is only because I wasn't there to stop you!) Razz

Time to blow the dust off the paint brushes man - bring out the 'flings! (If you can win a tourney with them, then I will REALLY be impressed!)

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 13, 2007 - 02:30 PM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:

But hold on there, Skippy, you HAD to play another team at the Naggaroth Bowl (and I STILL had to play your orcs) and then playing goblins at the Deathbowl only seemed decent as you were the odd man out (yet somehow you still win the whole thing - sheesh! But we both know, that is only because I wasn't there to stop you!) Razz

Time to blow the dust off the paint brushes man - bring out the 'flings! (If you can win a tourney with them, then I will REALLY be impressed!)

You got me on the Naggaroth bowl Embarassed

I may bring a new race this time out, we'll see.

I don't have flings right now though. But I plan to paint Alex Garretts Gnomes that he did for IMPACT as a fling team in the not too distant....maybe,...if the job search goes ok

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 14, 2007 - 01:58 PM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
Glenn is going to be odd man out for this one. I don't know what he is going to take, he has endless choice after all.

Oh c'mon! Let's be real here! Glenn has more Blood Bowl teams than anyone I know, yet he always takes his dwarves! <grumble>stupid dwarves<grumble>

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 20, 2007 - 02:42 PM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Notorious_jtb wrote:

Oh c'mon! Let's be real here! Glenn has more Blood Bowl teams than anyone I know, yet he always takes his dwarves! <grumble>stupid dwarves<grumble>

Who knows, Glenn is p*****d that he isn't gettin' enuff respect on the streets these days so you may be surprised!

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 20, 2007 - 02:43 PM

Canada
Also, we will use the rules clarifications (not test rules) from the 2007 BBRC rules review.

They can be found here (thanks Torg)

http://www.blood-bowl.net/LRB_PBBL/2007BloodBowlRulesReview.pdf

The first page is clarifications, the rest is league play only.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 20, 2007 - 02:56 PM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
Who knows, Glenn is p*****d that he isn't gettin' enuff respect on the streets these days so you may be surprised!

Not enough respect? This is the guy who's name is now synonomous with tripping on the goal line! Laughing What does he expect?

Spazz

P.S. I "Jonesed" on the goal line in turn 8 of the 1st half in a league game last night! Crying or Very sad

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 21, 2007 - 07:42 AM

Canada
And now his face will be synonmous with the rolling 1's, since his face was put on the Deathbowl dice.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 02, 2008 - 09:04 AM

Canada
Just realized that the weekend of the tourney is a weekend that I am supposed to have the kids (was a 50/50 chance), so it depends on whether the ex wants to be a bitch about it or not whether I can attend. I don't anticipate a problem, but she cn be unpredictable.

Fingers crossed

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 02, 2008 - 10:55 AM

Canada
Fingers crossed indeed!

Play nice!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic