NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 07, 2024 - 06:19 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Turn 8. Remember to score. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2008 - 08:35 AM

Canada
      Quote:

Please check the first page and seeif I have included you in the list of those who have told me they are comng

You have me on the stunty tourney but not the Qermitt

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2008 - 08:54 AM

Canada
      Taxal wrote:
      Quote:

Please check the first page and seeif I have included you in the list of those who have told me they are comng

You have me on the stunty tourney but not the Qermitt

What? You wanted to come for both? Wink

It's fixed. Thanks for catching that.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2008 - 02:31 PM

Canada
btw you haven't added q'ermitt to the list of tournaments spazz

keen for foozball and airhockey swiss tournament!!

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2008 - 02:52 PM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:

Thanks for reminding me - it's up there now!

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 29, 2008 - 08:32 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Notorious_jtb wrote:

Thanks for reminding me - it's up there now!

it needs to be approved before people can see it so bug ben about that!

jtb

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 30, 2008 - 08:32 AM

Canada
Important Notice Regarding Team Creation and Star Players

One of the things that I have always envisioned for the Q'ermitt tournament, is that this is supposed to be the best of the teams in the world of all different races competing. Q'ermitt wants to see the best of the best, and yet the best players in Blood Bowl (the Star Players) have been noticably absent.

I am going to try out a system which, if it works will be a regular thing in the Q'ermitt tournaments. Under this system, each of the stars could be bought by one team, and one team only. This shows that the Star Player was always on your team, and has developed up from a green rookie into the superstar that they are today. This includes all Star Players, including all those with Secret Weapons.

Important to note:
Seeing as the Star Player has been with this team for a while, and are not a free agent, then they will not have the Loner trait.

It will of course, happen that there will be more than one team that will want a given Star Player, as such coaches who wish to purchase one or more Stars (to a maximum of two) they should be prepared for the Bidding War

Bidding War
* Team creation will now be at 125K
* Stars will have a list price which people may set aside money for them, but will not be guaranteed that player
* At the beginning of the tourney, any coaches who wish to buy a Star Player draw a number to see who selects first. The coach who selects first, names the first player they wish to purchase. If no one else contests, then they may purchase the player at the set price. If another coach contests, then the contesting coach may offer a higher price (in increments of 10,000 g.p.). If there is more than one coach contesting, then the bids go in order of their picks. The Star Player must be added to the roster of the coach who bids the highest.
* If it happens that a coach does not get the Star(s) that they allocated money for, then any leftover money may be used for player purchases, skills, etc.

I will be making a list of all Star Players and their initial list costs. Foir those who want to start planning a team around that, then figure abut 75% of the cost that is currently listed for those players.

Coaches who plan on using a Star Player should also have the model available for use, but should this become a regular thing, then I will paint a model for each of them to avoid having coaches bringing models unecessarily (i.e. they do not win the bid).

I think this should be fun! There are some awesome players out there begging to be used! Some can be made by purchasing the skills, but some cannot! I mean, how much would you pay for a big guy who does not go stupid? Or an elf with Hypnotic Gaze? Let's find out! Smile

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 30, 2008 - 09:05 AM

Canada
Its on like Donkey Kong!

Bid me up!

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 30, 2008 - 09:37 AM

Canada
Awesome idea......

Another mummy for my Khemri team....mmmuuuaaahahahahaha

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 30, 2008 - 09:56 AM

Canada
      Taxal wrote:
Awesome idea......

Another mummy for my Khemri team....mmmuuuaaahahahahaha

Oops! forgot to mention that the Star Player would take up a positional spot according to what they are - so sorry Dan, if you take Ramtut, then you can only have three other mummies. In some cases this will not be so clear (e.g. Count Luthor) but I will include on the list with their prices, which position they would occupy on the team.

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 30, 2008 - 11:15 AM

Canada
That's an interesting idea. That may change the team that I'll bring.

Cramy

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 30, 2008 - 11:57 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Definately a well thought out idea, I'm just curious on how it will; go.....

Your tourney is a great tourney without it, & I do see one notable problem.

Lets say a coach has it in his heart to have STAR PLAYER(S) on his team & does not aquire them. If they now have to spend the put aside cash on thier team, it could buy up time & delay the start of the tourney.....(some people take a very long thought process to create a team..........)

I'm just bringing up something to think about.

I think this is a very interesting idea, but I also think it is not needed , due to the fact that the C of Q is already a great tourney on its own & IMO does not need anything else.

To me this idea should be play tested at a wekkend (like a TBBF weekend) to see if it does eat up too much unnessisary time, or if it is a fair system with balance. To impliment it right into a current successfull tourney without experimintation, could do more harm than good. Then on the other hand it could be a huge successs!

All I'm saying is put aside a weekend before the C of Q to set up a mock tourney for a test.

Craig I know you want to provide the best that you can for everyone, (any tourney organisor does), but as i have said to you before theres nothing missing from the C of Q, it is IMO already without flaw.... (I do not know why every year you want to try & change it or add to it....). I'm not trying to pick on you or center you out, just trying to tell you that if its not broken , then stop trying to fix it!.... Wink

The only changes I think that the C of Q would ever need is if at your creative input another new board was added...

Ok ramble over, just one guys opinion......

Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 30, 2008 - 12:14 PM

Canada
... and I knew that that one was coming!

I know you think I should stop tinkering, but the Star players are something that I really do want to see more of in the tourney. This is one way to make it more likely.

If people take 15 minutes after the final pick, then I will impose the following:
Step 1 - Buy as many (0-16) players as their remaing money will allow
Step 2 - Whatever is left over will be used to purchase Fan Factor, Coaches and Cheerleaders.

This will be strictly enforced to ensure that the rest of the tourney is not delayed.

Also, as an afterthought here, I will start the Bidding War on time which means if you are showing up late, then you miss the chance to bid for the Star you want! Show up ion time people!

One last addendum to the Bidding War

Should a coach not receive the Star Player that they want, then they may bid for other players when their turn would come around again. (E.g. The coach with the first pick is outbid for theStar they want, after all the other coaches have bid, then they may bid on an available player when all other coaches have had their turn).

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 30, 2008 - 12:20 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Well you seem very set in stone on this (& I do admit it is a well thought out plan & a very interesting idea.....

I just hope it does not unballance teams ......
Good luck with it, Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 30, 2008 - 12:40 PM

Canada
LOVE starting the bidding war on time and making late comers miss out on some players!!!

if a coach misses out on the star he bids for he can still counter bid on another star that someone else bids for so she doesn't have to miss out on a star.

The time factor could be an issue, one way around it is to make coaches bring a roster with no stars on it that they will use if they are unsuccessful.

You could set a post bidding war timelimit of 10 minutes before you start the first game and people would have to pre plan.

Rod. Balance is always off slightly at tournaments, part of the trick is to make it unbalanced in your favour to help you win Very Happy
I am excited to see them on the field, just not keen to defend against them. Maybe I need to create a star killing troope of doughty ladz hmmmm,.....

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 30, 2008 - 07:13 PM

Canada
Before the inevitable questikon is asked - the Star Players are peaked and cannot receive any additional skillsto the ones that they come with

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic