NAF Logo
leftstar Sep 27, 2024 - 08:20 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Norse team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HangusOffline
Post subject: Discussion points?  PostPosted: Mar 25, 2008 - 09:17 AM

Undisclosed

Are you may or may not know I have been put in charge of breathing a bit of life back into the NAF Library. It is slow work and I have asked some very talented players to write some new material but as with everything this takes time.

So what I figured I could do with getting some content in there is to create a thread with a discussion topic on it, for example TV 110 Vampire team for a Swiss tournament with one skill after each round (I will put all the stats and info I can find on what ever topic is chosen) and people can express there own views / experiences / strengths / weaknesses etc.

I can then turn this discussion into a document which can be saved for later use. This way we can create a tactics piece which incorporates many different views which can be appreciated by new and experienced coaches alike. I will of course lose all flaming (not that there will be any of course) and irrelevant posts to make an easier read.

It will not be a place to discuss new rosters or how the goblin team needs quad bikes or the high elf team should have a troll because they don???t have big guy access etc etc.

These topics will not be just on tactics they can also be adapted to the hobby aspect of the game or whatever you think needs discussing. Let me know if there is something you think is interesting and I will add it to my list.

I will also advertise it on TBB and other sites to open it up and create more traffic coming onto the site.

What do you think?

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Discussion points?  PostPosted: Mar 25, 2008 - 10:01 AM

Canada
Not sure what you are asking for Hangus. You say that you are asking talented players to give their opinions on certain topics, but then you talk about setting up discussion threads - those two ideas seem to conflict.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

HangusOffline
Post subject: RE: Discussion points?  PostPosted: Mar 25, 2008 - 10:20 AM

Undisclosed

i have already asked some people to write me some new material (that was just a side note to let people know what is happening)

and in the mean time

I am going to start a thread to get everyone to help create new / different material which everyone can join in and discuss the topic in hand.

Better Very Happy

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Discussion points?  PostPosted: Mar 25, 2008 - 10:42 AM

Canada
Just one thing - if you were looking for the most talented players to give their opinions, why was I not consulted?

Wink Laughing

HangusOffline
Post subject: RE: Discussion points?  PostPosted: Mar 25, 2008 - 11:33 AM

Undisclosed

erm it most have got lost in the post...........

If you are the worlds number 1 nurgle coach then i would happily read a tactics article on them.

We are in cahoots with Triple POW so (hopefully) we can share material so anything i pass on or accept will be passed onto Scott over there and something will be sorted out.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Discussion points?  PostPosted: Mar 25, 2008 - 12:10 PM

Canada
Well thanks for that - I was just joking around! I like to shoot my mouth off - I did not honestly expect to be asked! Laughing

To be honest, I think the #1 spot is a combination of luck and perseverance! Very Happy

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Discussion points?  PostPosted: Mar 25, 2008 - 12:16 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
Well thanks for that - I was just joking around! I like to shoot my mouth off - I did not honestly expect to be asked! Laughing

To be honest, I think the #1 spot is a combination of luck and perseverance! Very Happy

No different to me bragging about being the Official NAF Spike Champion of 2006....
What it is I don't mention is the lack of any compition combined with a 3 game format & only 10 people in attendance.....

Bahhh , Screw that ...... I Still am the 2006 SPIKE Champion!!!! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Laughing Rod Laughing

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic