NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 12:37 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
You will re-roll a one. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: Goblin Secret Weapons  PostPosted: Apr 07, 2008 - 07:47 PM

United States of America
How many goblin secret weapons should you roster in a sub 110

through 6 games I have found:
The bomadier has preformed the worst
Pogo has preformed the best
Loony is fun and i enjoy the fear in my opponents eyes when I "go for it"
Chain has hurt himself as much as he has hurt opponents

So should I take 2 or 3 weapons (and which ones)
how many gobbos
and of course 2 really stupid (and expensive) place holders

D

Reply with quote Back to top
AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: RE: Goblin Secret Weapons  PostPosted: Apr 08, 2008 - 02:26 AM

Portugal
Well, goblin are quite cheap, so assuming you liked them I guess you could put them all and still have $$$ for all else.
Personaly I find them all very funny but my preferences go to the Ball&Chain one.
After that, its just a bit random for me...

1 Fanatic
1 Looney
1 Pogoer
1 Bombardier
2 Troll
6 Goblins
(13 players)
4 RRolls
1 Apo
30k left for FF or savings... (for a 110)

Of course you can just take off any weapon you dont like and add an extra gobbo.

Cheers
Axt.

CramyOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Goblin Secret Weapons  PostPosted: Apr 08, 2008 - 06:52 AM

Canada
      Axtklinge wrote:
Well, goblin are quite cheap, so assuming you liked them I guess you could put them all and still have $$$ for all else.
Personaly I find them all very funny but my preferences go to the Ball&Chain one.
After that, its just a bit random for me...

1 Fanatic
1 Looney
1 Pogoer
1 Bombardier
2 Troll
6 Goblins
(13 players)
4 RRolls
1 Apo
30k left for FF or savings... (for a 110)

Of course you can just take off any weapon you dont like and add an extra gobbo.

Cheers
Axt.

Ouch. That roster pretty much guarantees that you will be severely outnumbered in the second half. All the SW's will be gone for sure. Then you are dead meat. Playing Gobbos is fun, but playing them severely outnumbered is a lot less fun.

I use 2 SWs on my roster. The Fanatic and the Pogoer. The Fanatic gets CAS SPP, and the Pogoer can score. So both can develop, and are quite good. The Bomber ain't that good, and he can only get MVPs. The Chainsaw has a very high risk of killing himself, and gets SPPs mostly throurg MVPs (the other way is if you get hit and the other player falls and injures himself, but I wouldn't rely on that).

At 110, I would go:

2 Trolls (220)
Pogoer (40)
Fanatic (70)
12 Gobbos (480)
3 RRs (180)
2 ACs (20)
2 CLs (20)
2 FF (20)

50k left over. Either get an Apoth or keep the cash go get a Bribe as inducement (if you are using the rules clarification) or a Babe. Another option would be to reduce the FF by 1 and get a 4th Reroll. Keeping the cash also allows you to replace dead player more easily early-on.

First purchases are Apoth and then 4th RR.

You want as many players as possible on the pitch at all times. So 2 SWs, 14 regular players, and with inducements get as many bribes as you can. The ACs and CLs should get you a reroll or two each game. If other teams get ACs and CLs, increase yours. You'll will probably always have a lower TV than your opponents, so it's not a big deal. Denying rerolls to your opponent really helps.

Cramy

LyracianOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Goblin Secret Weapons  PostPosted: Apr 09, 2008 - 01:48 AM

England
It depends if this is for a Tournament or a League, and if you are going to be able to get Bribes to bring the SW back on to the ptich.

You want at least 10 Goblins & 2 Trolls excluding the Secret Weapons to maximize your chance of not having to field a secret weapon for a one or two turn drive at the end of the first half.

My Legue Team has 11 Goblins, 2 Trolls, Chainsaw and Fanatic. Leaving one space for a Star player each game.
The Pogoer is good for scoring and Fouling but I would rather give a Goblin DP on a double rather than use him since he gets ejected once he scores. The Fanatic is fun but unreliable. My favorite is the Chainsaw as the +3 to penetrate armour can really help clear the field and as he is on the team you can reroll the kickback without having to worry about loner!

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Goblin Secret Weapons  PostPosted: Apr 09, 2008 - 06:15 AM

Canada
      Marlow wrote:
It depends if this is for a Tournament or a League, and if you are going to be able to get Bribes to bring the SW back on to the ptich.

Good point because if this is a tourney, then different tourneys have different rules about bribes. Some do not allow bribes at all, some allow bribes at ful cost, and others will allow goblin teams to buy bribes at a reduced cost. Best to know, as this will significantly impact the creation of your team.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Goblin Secret Weapons  PostPosted: Apr 09, 2008 - 05:04 PM

United States of America
League play then the Zlurpee

LyracianOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Goblin Secret Weapons  PostPosted: Apr 10, 2008 - 05:52 AM

England
      daloonieshaman wrote:
League play then the Zlurpee

Do youknow what the TV is of the other teams you are going to play in the League? Are you all stating out with new teams, or joining an established League?

Assuming it is unmodified LRB5 then you will be able to try out some of the Secret Weapons via Inducements with Mercenary Players and Star Players.

Chainsaw is worth having on the Team so you can reroll the kickback and not have to worry about loner. He can get Casulty SPP's if the oppent skulls out when blocking him (very unlikely but possible) otherwise he will only progress with MVP Awards. The other advantage of having him on the team is he is much cheaper than the star player Nobbla Blackwart.

Fanatic is STR 7 so is great for beating a path downfield for your other players but his movement is very random. People often run away from him and let me score when I play mine! Very Happy You can also hire Fungus for 80k.

Pogo does not seem worth it to me, but other people really like it. It is only good for Fouling and scoring. While Goblins need to Foul I just do not see the Pogo Stick as the method to use. Also Scrappa the Star Player is only 50k to hire for a match and is so much better. I would rather just hire him.

Bombers are great against Undead & Dwarfs but can be limited against other teams. I prefer to hire Bomber Dribblesnot for 60k, but if you can be bothered to skill up a Bomber who gets a lucky double for Hail Mary he is a fiend! Using a Hail Mary Bomber at a Tournament is also fun. Very Happy

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Goblin Secret Weapons  PostPosted: Apr 10, 2008 - 06:56 AM

Canada
      Marlow wrote:
Pogo does not seem worth it to me, but other people really like it. It is only good for Fouling and scoring.

Yeah, and goblins hate scoring and fouling. It hurts the other team's feelings.... Laughing

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Goblin Secret Weapons  PostPosted: Apr 10, 2008 - 08:32 PM

United States of America
League is open with 1m start and previous carryovers (1 team is brought over from the previous season) (you never pay for FF)

LyracianOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Goblin Secret Weapons  PostPosted: Apr 11, 2008 - 05:37 AM

England
      Spazzfist wrote:
Yeah, and goblins hate scoring and fouling. It hurts the other team's feelings.... Laughing
Not quite what I meant! Very Happy Goblins do not need a Pogo player to Foul they are good at doing it anyway and I rarly want to score quickly when using Secret Weapons as that gets them send off!

daloonieshaman wrote:
League is open with 1m start and previous carryovers (1 team is brought over from the previous season) (you never pay for FF)
Free Fan Factor helps keep your team value down. Also you do not have to spend all your gold at the start you can start with a lower value team and money in the pot so you get Inducements in your first few games. This can work, but you may find you run out of players too quickly.

240 Reroll x4
220 Troll x2
400 Goblin x10
40 Chainsaw

=900 Total
You would get 100k Inducements and could hire Stars/Mercs to try out the other secret weapons or hire bribes to keep the saw in play.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic