NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 11:25 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Lizardman team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
peikkoOffline
Post subject: Stunty teams in tournaments  PostPosted: May 19, 2003 - 02:59 PM

As for now its pretty insane to bring gobbos and halflings into tournament. Has somebody thought about any ways to get them more playable? The separate rules for stunty teams might be out of question in NAF tournaments, but is the only ways to do this a) give possibility for big guys to get skils b) somehow allow all teams to get stat rises too. c) allow somehow all players to get skills as doubles too (dp for gobbos)

Any ideas out there?

Reply with quote Back to top
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: Re: Stunty teams in tournaments  PostPosted: May 19, 2003 - 04:12 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

peikko wrote:
As for now its pretty insane to bring gobbos and halflings into tournament. Has somebody thought about any ways to get them more playable? The separate rules for stunty teams might be out of question in NAF tournaments, but is the only ways to do this a) give possibility for big guys to get skils b) somehow allow all teams to get stat rises too. c) allow somehow all players to get skills as doubles too (dp for gobbos)

Any ideas out there?

I think you need to ask Darkson, Old Man Monkey, and jmcubbin if they agree with you. Laughing Laughing Laughing

If playing Halfilngs in a tournament is insane ... than I'm Napolean! Don't underestimate stunties in the hands of the right coach.

Galak
3 wins-1 loss-1 tie in GenCon Bowl tournament practice with a Halfling team

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2003 - 04:38 PM

Undisclosed
      Quote:
Peikko said:

Any ideas out there?

I'll go first since I was the first victim of the Fling Festoon:

Peikko - check out the GenCon rules that Galak and others developed and the team of Flings he's tested - it's hard not to be impressed with the 'Bits and in general with the GenCon tourney system.

Quote:

Galak said:

If playing Halfilngs in a tournament is insane ... than I'm Napolean!

Alright, Mon Emperor, have a great time next month at the beach! Very Happy

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2003 - 06:53 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:
check out the GenCon rules that Galak and others developed and the team of Flings he's tested - it's hard not to be impressed with the 'Bits and in general with the GenCon tourney system.

37 registered now for the GenCon Bowl ... ... slowly but surely its getting up there and we still have 2 months+ to go.

And peikko .. the Halfling roster I was testing for the GenCon Bowl that went 3-1-1 in practice was:

Deeproot Strongbranch: 260k
2 Ogres: 240k
9 Halflings: 120k
Master Chef: 150k
1 Reroll: 60k
2 Fan Factor: 20k

Galak

I'm kinda curious how the team would do after the first two games and I have Pro on both the Ogres, but I ran out of time to test that. Maybe if I get more time I can try a practice match as if its game 3 of the GenCon Bowl and see how they do.

as a footnote .. jmcubbin and I played and he won the first game with a ruling "issue" in the 2nd half because of the PBeM format. After the game, James agreed back up and replay from the event the way I said I would have required it in league play and we tied on the replay. I don't want to take anything any from James who was a good opponent by appearing to not mention the first full run of the game.

Both games came down the whim of Nuffle by the way with James. 33% chance of winning the 1st game that I lost on a Turn 8/2nd half play, and an 25% chance of winning the 2nd game on a Turn 7/2nd half play ... just wasn't going to happen.

As for the lose to the Lizardmen team ... I can beat Lizzies with Flings ... I've got practice doing it. But awesome AV rolls Badly Hurt both my Ogres by turn 3 of the 1st half ... and I just couldn't keep up with the Saurus defense after that.

All this is my way of saying ... I disagree that taking Stunties to a tournament is insane. ... they just appear that way.

Galak

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2003 - 07:09 PM

Undisclosed
Any stunty team that can field a LOS of 2 ST5 or ST6 players, plus a ST7 player is going to hurt.

Trust me, I know Laughing

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

peikkoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 20, 2003 - 08:27 AM

Ok, so the star players and availability of Master Chef really turn the tables alot. I can see those 2 ogres and Deeproot against elves who just have used all their RR's...

jmccubbinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2003 - 07:30 AM

Trust me the stunty teams can have a real go of it in a tourney. Even without the star player they can be tough. It's not the ogres that I worry about, it's figurng out how to stop them from scoring that the pain. It requires a good defense and a good offensive strategy.

The choice of skill on choice of player, and heal all between rounds make them a formitable foe.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic