NAF Logo
leftstar Sep 27, 2024 - 08:19 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Inside every Troll, ders a lil gobo trying da get out. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
smeborgOffline
Post subject: Creative suggestion for 6th Edition Nurgle's Rot  PostPosted: Apr 25, 2008 - 06:28 PM

Dear 6th Edition Rules Gurus -

The following is a suggested change to the Nurgle's Rot skill intended for league balance:

"Make Nurgle's Rot effective not only on Dead opponents, but on Permanently Injured opponents (i.e. a roll of 51-58 on the Casualty Table). The player is forcibly retired from the opponent's roster during the Post-Match Sequence."

I believe this would be fun as well as in line with the "fluff". Most permanently injured players are retired anyway, so the effect (from the opponent's point of view) would be largely psychological.

Background: I find in practice that the Decay skill is not in balance with the Nurgle's Rot skill. The death and retirement rate for Rotters is high, given Decay without Regenerate or the Apothecary. No doubt this is intended, but in practice new Rotters are rare (because many Deaths are saved by Apothecaries or Regeneration). Given that the team has the most expensive positional players of any race, my suggestion is simply aimed at allowing the side to survive and/or develop a little bit more easily, without significant distortion.

All the best

Smeborg

Reply with quote Back to top
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: RE: Creative suggestion for 6th Edition Nurgle  PostPosted: Apr 25, 2008 - 08:19 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Given that most players feel that Nurgle are already better than Chaos teams ... I don't see why to make them better at this time.

But if we did need to make them better ... its a solid suggestion

frogbearOffline
Post subject: RE: Creative suggestion for 6th Edition Nurgle  PostPosted: Apr 26, 2008 - 09:08 PM

Australia

How about take regeneration off the chaos warriors to make Nurgle more balanced?

Why would you even suggest making Nurgle better. They are so good that most Chaos coaches would take Nurgle 99% of the time over Chaos due to the fact that you have regen and a way to hamper the passing plays and agility teams.

They do not need to be made better. IMO, they need to be nerfed a little to place them back in line. I would remove regen from the warriors to start.

smeborgOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 03, 2008 - 05:07 PM

Well, my suggestion would be to replace all the Regeneration with Thick Skull.

That would be more in line with the "fluff" (i.e. the toughness of Nurgle in the Warhammer world).

It would also be more likely to produce a "decaying" team with permanent injuries on the positional players as well as on the Rotters. I think this would be quite appealing and characterful.

I don't regard Nurgle as overly strong in a league situation. They start very slowly with expensive positional players and no blocking or ball movement skills. Sure, they have a "sporting" defense due to Disturbing Presence and Tentacles. But they have a weak offense, especially at the start.

All the best

Smeborg

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic