NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 07, 2024 - 03:29 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Bribe the ref today! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mr.MagooOffline
Post subject: Adepticon 09 - Blood Bowl  PostPosted: May 02, 2008 - 01:00 PM

OK I am just getting this kicked off. We are planning a Blood Bowl tourny for Adepticon 09 and I would like to get your advice on how to proceed. Whatever Info you want to send my way I will be more then glad to check it out.

What do I have to do to make Adepciton a sacntioned event. Who do I need to contact. That kind of stuff. We are looking to get a large number so we want to do whatever it takes.

Thanks a lot, in advance.

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Adepticon 09 - Blood Bowl  PostPosted: May 02, 2008 - 01:35 PM

Canada
For those of us too lazy to do a Google search, where and when is Adpeticon?

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Mr.MagooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 02, 2008 - 02:21 PM

Where Is Chicago IL,
When is the date has not been set yet. Will happen either LATE March Early April. This year it was April the 11th -13th.

Adepticon is a large Games Workshop event that occurs every year in Chicago IL. Hosting nuermours events Including.
40k Team tourny that had 91 (4 Man Teams) this year.
40k Championship
40k Gladiator
Fantasy Championship
Fantasy team Tourny.
BFG Tourny.

This will be the first year for BB at the event but we want to make it huge to start and grow from there.

YOu can check out everything at http://www.adepticon.org/

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 02, 2008 - 02:56 PM

Canada
Sounds like a big deal event.

You should create a tournament in the "Tourneys" section in the links on the top right here (just click and then click "add tournament"). Once you've done that, mention it in this thread and someone official will sanction it (if not pm a mod and it should be sorted).

You should also look to announce your event on www.talkbloodbowl.com, if you haven't already, some people spend more time on those boards than this one.

good luck!

SolarFlareOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 03, 2008 - 08:26 AM

Mr.Magoo wrote:
Where Is Chicago IL,
When is the date has not been set yet. Will happen either LATE March Early April. This year it was April the 11th -13th.

This will be the first year for BB at the event but we want to make it huge to start and grow from there.

FYI - I'm pretty sure there has been a BB tournament there before.

Mr.MagooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 04, 2008 - 07:38 AM

I have been to the event ever since it started. They had a 6 man BB tourny the first year but have not had anything since.

Post subject: Adeptibowl  PostPosted: May 04, 2008 - 10:23 AM

Carol Stream
I played in the Adepticup in 2005 and actual was lucky enough to come out on top. That year it was run by a guy who then moved out of state. Some of us in the local Chicagoland area CRUMBBL leagues of POW and OWFuL talked about about continuing it on. Not to discourage you, but what we decided upon was that it was better for us to create and run a seperate tourney from the Con that could be geared totally for Bloodbowl and that is how the Stuper Bowl was formed. What happened back in 2005 the year the Adeptibowl was held at Adepticon was that because the event is like 99% based on 40K and Warhammer Fantasy, is that the BB was brushed to the side like an unwanted deformed mutant child. It was a one-day three game event and the time slot was given from 7PM to 2AM. Combined with the badge price of like $25 plus event cost of $10 or $15 more, the result was only 7 players enrolled. Out of towners did not want to come in for a 3 game tourney at these prices.
Please understand, I do not want to discourage you, but only hope that you improve on all of the negative points I listed if you want to make this an appealing event.

Mr.MagooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 06, 2008 - 06:18 AM

All very good points. Unfortunatly I will not be able to do anything about the price. I have nothing to say in that matter. I will be forming the rules and that kind of stuff and was just hoping to get into some program with the NAF. We have not hashed out all the details of any of this yet. RIght now I just wanted to get thoughts from everyone else. I am going to still try it for 09 and we will see how it works. It may fall through due to the reasons above, it may grow to a big success. We will just wait and see.

Can someone point me to a good tournament set of rules? So i can overlook them and see how some of these successful one have turned out.

SolarFlareOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2008 - 10:15 AM

Zlurpee Bowl and GenCon Bowl are two very common formats that are widely accepted.

Mr.MagooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2008 - 02:49 PM

Thank you sir.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 08, 2008 - 08:14 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Mr.Magoo wrote:
Can someone point me to a good tournament set of rules? So i can overlook them and see how some of these successful one have turned out.
Chaos Cup rules would be ones that I would look over.

http://www.thechaoscup.com

Mr.MagooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2008 - 07:12 AM

Thank you as well.

SulfuriousOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 14, 2008 - 02:27 PM

I'd really like to see this happen. If you can make it happen on a day other than the 40k team tournament, you'll have another player. Wink

Mr.MagooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 14, 2008 - 03:50 PM

I would tnd to agree but the issue with that is I really want to make it worth while. I was wanting to do 6 games/ 2 Days. Only problem with that is the team tourny is sitting right in the middle of that, I would like to go to the team tourny as well. Smile So my options are limited. I will bring this up for discussion here, what does everyone think. Please tell my your opinions as I want to get as many people as possible.

We are talking scheuling here. I know a lot of poeple attend the Team tourny so here are some thoughts and I really dont like any of them. Smile

Opt 1 and 2 are there to get around the team tourny.

Option 1
Friday 12-9 4 Games

Option 2
Sunday 9-6 4 Games

Option 3
Saturday 9-9 5 Games

Option 4
Firday 2-9 3 Games
Saturday 9-5 3 Games

Option 5
Saturday 9-5 3 Games
Sunday 9-5 3 Games

HeavyJunk67Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 14, 2008 - 06:39 PM

Just a quick idea. If you are wanting to work around the team tourney. Why not go Friday and Sunday, 3-4 games each. If you make it worth coming, people will show up as previously stated.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic