NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 16, 2024 - 05:25 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Orca Cola, proud sponsor of the NAF rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
antipixiOffline
Post subject: Interesting news from the GW AGM  PostPosted: Sep 20, 2008 - 03:03 AM

Bedford, UK
OK, now a friend of mine drove all the way down from Scotland to go to the AGM on Thursday. Here is an email that he forwarded to me from GW after he asked them about BloodBowl and in particular the Witchelf ref and the Zug holding up his helmet to club somebody.

Quote:
Hi James, good to meet you this morning.
>
> I spoke to the people who know things about Blood Bowl and this is what they
> told me.
>
> Alas the moulds (and original greens) for the Witch Elf referee and the
> Mighty Zug with helmet have been lost in the mists of time (and several
> factory moves) and so are highly unlikely to ever see the light of day
> again.
>
> On a happier note from Dec 1st you will be able to buy selected models from
> the BB ranges as individuals as well a shiny (and very cool) new version of
> an old favourite - check out December's issue of White Dwarf.
>
> Hope you enjoyed the day.
>
> Max

The two models mentioned are these:

I am hoping that the new 'shiny' model is something other than the Zug seen at games day because I have to say, I'm not a fan of it (too big!):
http://media.shozu.com/cache/portal/media/213fb0/117441130

Now, the real reason for my post:

If GW got hold of a cast of either of the 2 models that they have lost, is it possible for them to make a new mold from them or do they need the greens?

If they can, then does anyone have an copy of the models (especially the Zug one which is possibly my favourite model seen the first ed ogre!) which they would be willing to sell/donate to get this done?

And finally does anyone have the sway to incourage GW to do the casting? Lycos maybe??

Anyway, at least it looks like BB has not been forgotten as most of us had suspected.

Chris

Reply with quote Back to top
LycosOffline
Post subject: Re: Interesting news from the GW AGM  PostPosted: Sep 23, 2008 - 03:50 AM
Former President

Undisclosed
      antipixi wrote:
Anyway, at least it looks like BB has not been forgotten as most of us had suspected.

Chris

Well Chris, you have unearthed a peice of information I have been sitting on for months but as always I gave my word to GW I wouldnt leak it over TBB etc. But as the email says - you will very soon be able to buy GW figs in singles once again.
I was told by a very highly reliable source (on 16th July, I have just checked my email) that single figs would be out for Nov/Dec. I suspect that is "selected" minis but I will endevour to clarify and find out that list.
I had all but nothing to do with this I might add - GW seem to have made the move on their own following the push to get the booster packs out. I suppose it is one in the same but I am delighted. Not so much for me but the new players out there, they will very soon be able to single figs to complete teams and all that stuff.

Darkson
Post subject: RE: Re: Interesting news from the GW AGM  PostPosted: Sep 23, 2008 - 10:40 AM

Undisclosed
Although this is good news, I wonder what it will mean for BBFigs? I hope the Impact boys haven't invested to much money.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Interesting news from the GW AGM  PostPosted: Sep 23, 2008 - 05:58 PM

United States of America
I think GW saw the $$$$$$ bbfigs was making and somebody got slapped hard and in all big coprs it takes time to turn things around

LyracianOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Interesting news from the GW AGM  PostPosted: Sep 24, 2008 - 02:38 AM

England
      Darkson wrote:
Although this is good news, I wonder what it will mean for BBFigs? I hope the Impact boys haven't invested to much money.

So do I. From what I understand BBFigs was financing each wave with the profit from previous sales so hopefully they will have been able to do more than just break even by the end of the year. Not that I use many GW Mini's but if they are stil lin business when I want official figures they will be the first place I go.

The site may still have some value for those people who want a full team or figures like Nurgle Beasts & Assassins and they do not know which Warhammer figures to order. Also I think there shipping charge is still less than GW.

JoemanjiOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: Interesting news from the GW AGM  PostPosted: Sep 24, 2008 - 06:21 AM

England
I'm sure BBfigs will be able to sell their stock, even if it means plonking some of it on eBay.

thechosengobboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 24, 2008 - 06:08 PM

Warrington, England
Huzzah! I may FINALLY get my own copy of 'vampire number 4' for my team Very Happy

Time to panic buy the few teams I don't own or can't get from BBfigs at xmas methinks...

ThomsyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 - 01:33 AM

australia
Does this mean that Zara,Hack Enslash,etc will be available again or is it just going to be normal team players.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 - 04:38 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

No one knows. Talked to Jervis at the Chaos Cup and he didn't know either. As for BBFigs.com ... this move will actually help us more than hurt us.

Galak

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic