NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 06, 2024 - 04:24 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Blood Bowl is a rough sport, people get hurt! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 07:29 AM

Vancouver, BC
Fair enough. But if the 'Dagger-Eyes' or other commitments will only allow for him/her to attend one tourny that month I would guess they would choose the 2DT. If it is a money issue, they probably would have not come to the 2DT anyways and the 1DT would allow them to atleast get to a tourny.

Not to mention a 2DT allows for all the Shyit talk, between players from different cities, on the boards to be transfered to real life. I find it more about the friends than the game at these tournies . . . hmm that may explain my ranking Razz

Reply with quote Back to top
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 07:57 AM

Canada
      Quote:

And the knife if you back is likely from Spazz,

Quote:

Actually, I was thinking that the Q'ermitt next year would be a one-day tourney that uses two teams, each of which get to Draft skills between games, and all the coaches will be on two teams. There will also be bonus points for dressing up, but if you do, then you have to drink beer to prove that we are still cool.

Some funny sh*t.

Eric, some good ideas.
Pre tournament warm up events would definitely help performances. Which could only help team southern Ontario ****burn****
lmao

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 08:02 AM

Canada
Maybe we should start putting some dates into this wonderful table of eric's

CCKO 09 is booked for the 24th/25th of January

DBVII: The Year of the Vampire is booked for the 17/18th of October

Not paid yet, but unless someone has some great objection i.e. holiday i missed these will be the dates.

JTB

CramyOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 10:47 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
Speaking for any of the married BBers out there, sometimes the wife can give you the "Dagger Eyes" when you want to go to too many tourneys, no words necessary, just the scary stare..... <shiver>

Arggh. Don't do that to me man. Smile Smile Smile

Cramy

DaggersOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 10:58 AM

Canada
      Cramy wrote:
      Spazzfist wrote:
Speaking for any of the married BBers out there, sometimes the wife can give you the "Dagger Eyes" when you want to go to too many tourneys, no words necessary, just the scary stare..... <shiver>

Arggh. Don't do that to me man. Smile Smile Smile

Dagger Eyes?!?!? Mine gives that to me when I am home. She is quite happy to get me out of the house, as Jtb and Cramy can attest to.

LycosOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 12:55 PM
Former President

Undisclosed
Guys~: with my Presidents hat on, can I ask something of you. Seeing as you are getting dangerously close to actually being organised can you make sure your tournaments get put in the site in the tournaments section in plenty of time. Do some of them now even if its a year away. But the rules are that they should be in 8 weeks before the tourney starts and with rules agreed and sorted. It would mean we dont have the "missing Spike results of 2008" situation. (Yes, I am sorting that).

But it does help. We do this in Europe, mainly by F2F chat I admit, but we try to ensure different areas of the country dont clash with each other and we spread them out over the year so we can all do as many as possible.
This is good. You are definately heading in the right direction by talking and planning amoungst yourselves.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 01:01 PM

Canada
      Lycos wrote:
Guys~: with my Presidents hat on, can I ask something of you. Seeing as you are getting dangerously close to actually being organised can you make sure your tournaments get put in the site in the tournaments section in plenty of time. Do some of them now even if its a year away. But the rules are that they should be in 8 weeks before the tourney starts and with rules agreed and sorted. It would mean we dont have the "missing Spike results of 2008" situation. (Yes, I am sorting that).

But it does help. We do this in Europe, mainly by F2F chat I admit, but we try to ensure different areas of the country dont clash with each other and we spread them out over the year so we can all do as many as possible.
This is good. You are definately heading in the right direction by talking and planning amoungst yourselves.

Absolutely agree.

These are some excellent first steps.

Kudos to Eric for getting it going.

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 01:07 PM

Canada
Lycos is right, this should have been done a long time ago. I will say it again, awesome job Erc. And posting the tourney well in advance will only ensure that more people can coordinate ahead of time to make it.

This helped me out, and I think I have selected two dates for two seperate tourneys (one in Feb, one in May). Once I confirm some stuff, I will likely start a thread on the weekend so people can organize.

Eric.R: You have Christmas in November. ;P

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 01:25 PM

Vancouver, BC
Lycos you kinda hit the nail on the head. As we started having more tournies it became a problem of remembering when eash one was. Which lead me to double book some weekends only to have to pull out of either the tournament or the Real World event. Not fun having to do that.

Dwarfrunner wrote:
Eric.R: You have Christmas in November. ;P

Yeah . . . I saw that . . . but was really too lazy to change it. I figured everyone has an idea when Chrstmas is. And if not, it is kinda moot as I doubt a tourny will be scheduled in December.

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 04:45 PM

Vancouver, BC
OK, I have updated the list that take into account that Joe has set the Dates for CCKO and DB in 2009. I have also made it a SQL databse so all all i need to do is change dates and it will be sorted correctly as to save myself time.

http://rubli.ca/MapleLeafTournaments.php

Maybe I should have been a Comp. Eng. as opposed to a Mech. Eng. with all the programing I do and I would be . . . well . . . unemployed!!! . . . sorry, could not resist the 'burn'. As Computer, along with Software, Engineering is NOT real engineering in my mind. Unless you are able to kill someone with a minor error, you are nothing than perpetrators to true engineering. Razz

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 06:04 PM

Canada
Eric - for the record you have Good Friday as being April 13th in 2009. That is actually a Monday. So assuming that that would be Easter Monday and the 10th would be Good Friday? I have to try to find my school calendar to confirm, but if anyone else can do that for me that would be appreciated.

Once I have a better sense of the holidays in April, I will pick a date for Q'ermitt V.

Hey, have you guys ever heard of this thing calles the "internet" it's pretty cool, it can provide all kinds of information, like when Good Friday is in 2009. As it turns out it is the 10th, and so Easter Monday is the 13th. I'm such a doh head..... Wink

Anywho, so taking that into consideration, and <brace yourself Rod> based on the fac t that by my calculations it should co-incide with a UFC event, I am planning the Q'ermitt for April 18th and 19th. Put me on the calendar!

Thanks again Eric for putting the final step into effect - the Ontario tourney scene was looking good, but this really puts things into better perspective.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

jrock56Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 10:00 PM

Canada
Hey Eric, nice job in bringing this to fruition....I have a sheet with all the tournaments set out from last year's deathbowl to the CCKO of next year with just the dates to fill in as people decided on those dates. I did this last year when I first started coming to the tournies so I could have my schedule organized around the tournaments to attend. Never thought to post it for others...was just a personal preference at the time. Guess my job of being an accountant could lead to these sort of organizational tools though LOL Laughing From southern Ontario, to Montreal it seems there is a dedicated group of us now that can hopefully continue to branch out and attract more people to these tournies. The organization amongst everyone has vastly improved just within the last year, and will hopefully continue to do so.

Kudos to all the TO's over this past year, it has definitely brought me back to the game of Bloodbowl full force, with your enthusiasm, hospitality, comraderie. Even though we talk a lot of smack pre-tourney when it comes down to it, it's the people we interact with and overall atmosphere that keep me coming back for more. I love the spirit some of you bring to the game, definitely adds life to it.

Anyhow back to my usual self....You will all suffer my wrath come the CCKO!!!!

King

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 11:19 PM

Vancouver, BC
I also hear that the Internet is now availible on computers Razz

Error corrected and CoQ updated.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2008 - 12:27 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Lycos wrote:

Not trying to sound like an Ass for saying so but all the Ontario tournies are actually well run & posted on time (all except the SPIKE!) & IT'S KIND OF SAD, that one of the 4 majors "the SPIKE!" (5 if you include CanCon in Austrailia) is sadly misrepresented like 3 years in a row!

Coming from a former SPIKE, Winner (06 Spike), I'm actually embarrassed that Canada as a whole would year after year drop the ball on this event....

I for one would drop my event (NBBO Cup & NBBO Bowl, in Niagara Falls Ontario)& properly run the SPIKE (preferabably & better run without GW Canada being involved!), rather than let it be shamelessly run into the ground again.

Honestly speaking as a Canadian, I say give Spain or Italy or who whoever the SPIKE! , cause us Canadians apparently don't want it! (A great part of this blame goes to Games Workshop Canada, about as useless as tits on a bull as far as co-running or suppoting a BloodBowl tourney from what I have seen.

Yeah we as Canadians & GW Canada do not deserve a Major! I'm honestly quite embarrased we have one based on the last few years!!!!!!!!!!!

(Yeah, Yeah My claim to glory is winning the SPIKE in 06, but the tourney was a one day 3 game tourney of 10 people, it was a joke (but sadly it was "our" Major)

Spain has more BloodBowlers than Canada , we don't deserve the SPIKE let them have it........

If the Canadians reading this is insulted, (then good I did my job!!!!!!!!!!!) So lets do something about the SPIKE!

(Cause I'm sure GW Spain can not be as useless as GW Canada!!!! (My Grandmother could do better & she's been dead for 15 years!)

Look I'm sure I'm going to get flack for this, but Canada has dropped the ball way to often regauding the "SPIKE!" to really have any claim to keep the tourney.

Do what you have to, I'm speaking the truth!

Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2008 - 07:14 AM

Canada
I agree with Rod..... to a point.

I am not sure how it was that Canada ended up with the Spike! when there are so many other serving countries that would do the major proud, but we have it , and I feel the onus is upon us to do it properly. Western Canada has had their shot at running the Spike! for thelast few years, and it has not been brilliant. Prior to that there was a group that ran it here in Ontario, but they did a pretty piss poor job themselves.

Ontario has now become the land of the flourishing tournaments and with that we have groomed some very capable TO's. I, for one, would liek to see Ontario have another shot at it, and would be willing to help run the tourney if we were to get it back again. I know that Ottawa would also do an excellent job of it and would be willing to let them have a shot at it as well, should they want it.

But let it be known, that I think Clan-Skaven's true motivation for wanting the Spike! tournament to leave the land of the maple leaf if so that no-one else besides himself (and the now absent Ben Tusim) can lay claim to being a true Spike! champion (I won the Friday Spike! tourney last run in Ontario, but it was the Saturday only that was counted as the true Spike!)

Bring the Spike! back to Ontario or give it to a country that will treat it with the respect it deserves!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic