NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 07, 2024 - 01:34 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
NAF President in expenses scandal! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: Canadian Open  PostPosted: Jan 06, 2009 - 08:35 PM

Vancouver, BC
Plans are in the works to get the Canadian Open running this this year after last years absence. The plan is to run it at the same time (i.e. March) as the previous years and will take place once again in the Brampton area.

More information will come available as dates and locations are set.

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Canadian Open  PostPosted: Jan 06, 2009 - 08:59 PM

Canada
Good to hear! Viva la local tourney!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

CramyOffline
Post subject: RE: Canadian Open  PostPosted: Jan 07, 2009 - 07:11 AM

Canada
Another out of town Tourney. Yey. Now I need to practice my negociating skills.

Cramy

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: RE: Canadian Open  PostPosted: Jan 29, 2009 - 05:11 PM

Vancouver, BC
OK, been a long time but we are working on it. We are trying to secure a venue for either March 14th or 21st. The rules will be slightly different to the last time this was held, we are working on cleaning them up in the face of 2 years of tourney development.

In the end, come hell-or-high-water this will run and info should flow in at a faster rate as things are nailed down.

More info to follow.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: Canadian Open  PostPosted: Jan 29, 2009 - 06:46 PM

Canada
great news!

can't wait

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Canadian Open  PostPosted: Jan 29, 2009 - 09:07 PM

Canada
If you want to put heads together on any ideas, I will be happy to brainstorm with you. Dan and I discussed alternatives for the Draft on the way down, as the Open, the CCKO and Bongo were all using it. I LOVE the draft, but would rather see tourneys with their own unique style. We did come up with one, but Dan liked it so much that he lay claim to it.... Wink

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 03, 2009 - 08:32 PM

Vancouver, BC
Alright Gents & Ladies,

I am continuing to work on this as fast as possible to update all of you on the details.

A couple major points are:

• Date:

• My wish is to hold the tourney on the 14th of March. This would make it 5 weeks before the Q'ermitt and 3 weeks after the Dagger (sorry Mark). Is this a viable option for those who wish to attend? The other would be the 21st (4 weeks between both).

• Rules:

• 7's is currently being done away with as the 4th game to have a regular game in it's place (Just for you CS Razz)
    • The Draft is also being done away with to save time and to allow it to remain in it's rightful place in Ottawa (a nod to the Ottawa Boyz Cool ). In its place a system that will allow teams to carry a treasury throughout the tournament is being planned. More details will surface once I get approval from the creator; I do not want to steal ideas like Spazz. Wink

The website [and rules] is coming in the near future. I had an awsome website designed till I realized that MSIE does not like any ideas that are outside the box, or based on minimum accepted standards for that matter Sad

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 03, 2009 - 08:49 PM

Canada
Sounds like a good idea for the rules you are changing, Personally the week of the 21st would work much better for me as I like to attend every tourney if possible. I usually drive 2 to 3 down with me so that would most likely give you at least 3 to 4 people from Ottawa if others are able to come. The weekend of the 14th I have my kids and it would take some heavy negotiating on my part to change anything there. I will try to come out regardless what date you choose but the likelihood of it happening would be much higher on the 21st. Not to mention both my "wife" and mom's birthday's are the week of the 14th as well....dang makes it even harder....anyhow hope things are running smoothly for you Eric and everything will be a success.

Quick question, is this a 1 or 2 day tourney? Haven't been to this tourney before so have no idea what to expect, although I'm sure you'll add your own flavour to it.

Adam

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 03, 2009 - 09:46 PM

Vancouver, BC
      jrock56 wrote:
Quick question, is this a 1 or 2 day tourney? Haven't been to this tourney before so have no idea what to expect, although I'm sure you'll add your own flavour to it.

Good question, this is a two day tourney. Forgot to mention that for anyone who has never come out to a previous Canadian Open.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 04, 2009 - 04:17 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
I should be there, no idea what ramshackle group of missfits I can muster from Niagara, but there should be a few of us....

Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 04, 2009 - 08:16 AM

Canada
Eric,

If it is going to be better for you to have the tourney on the 21st, then go for it. Try to get a projection as to the numbers for either way and see which one works better for you.

I was hoping to have the Q'ermitt in my basment again, but if the numbers are going to be anything like last year, then I will be looking for a different (i.e. more comfortable) venue. By having the Open a little bit closer to my tourney, then it will probably mean less for me, but honestly, I am okay with that.

Rod, Adam, you guys know that my home is always open for you to stay at should you choose. Just let me know if you are making and how many are in tow.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 04, 2009 - 08:23 AM

Canada
      jrock56 wrote:
The weekend of the 14th I have my kids and it would take some heavy negotiating on my part to change anything there. I

As it turns out, that would ALSO be the weekend that I have my kids. It would not take heavy negotiating to switch, as we are pretty relaxed about that kind of thing, but if I do change it, then I will mean that I will be having my kids on the weekend of the Q'ermitt, unless I change it again there....

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 04, 2009 - 09:27 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      jrock56 wrote:
The weekend of the 14th I have my kids and it would take some heavy negotiating on my part to change anything there. I

As it turns out, that would ALSO be the weekend that I have my kids. It would not take heavy negotiating to switch, as we are pretty relaxed about that kind of thing, but if I do change it, then I will mean that I will be having my kids on the weekend of the Q'ermitt, unless I change it again there....

you guys just need to get your kids playing and it will all be fine Laughing

Shadowseer2005Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 04, 2009 - 12:51 PM

As mentioned by Spazz, my home is also open to anyone coming from out of town ( first come first served). Also Craig if you need a venue and are having issues finding a place I can ask about the location where the last Bongo Bowl was held. It should be big enough and April is not overly a hot month so no worries about a Swealtering Bowl 2.

Eric,

If you need any help or brain storming I am here for ya bud.

Bongo Bowl
www.rubli.ca/bongo-bowl

Power of "1" 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Most CAS
Challenge of Qermitt 2007 - Most CAS

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 04, 2009 - 05:05 PM

Canada
Eric! Don't forget to post the tourney particulars on the BOMBBL website. When running a tourney you have to be a total promotional whore! Very Happy

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic