NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 07, 2024 - 03:21 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Count Luthor likes your blood type. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 04, 2009 - 05:29 PM

Canada
Hey Eric, Thanks for clarifying as everyone was talking about either the 14th or 21st as the tourney date, but it sounded singular like it was the only day for the tourney.

Thank you Craig and Dan for the invites as it will definitely help to have a place to stay for both Canadian Open and Quermitt, I plan on attending both but don't know as of yet what locals from Ottawa will be interested in going as well, I'm sure a few will be easily persuaded for one if not both tournies,

Take it easy Gents.

Adam

Reply with quote Back to top
Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 04, 2009 - 10:11 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
either date is cool for me but Rob from the Falls says 21st is better for him.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2009 - 12:57 PM

Vancouver, BC
OK, it is sounding like the 21st is the best date for most who want to attend so I tentatively set it as the tourney date.

Also I got consent for the creator of the Advancement System that I wanted to implement. Right know it is a little rough and input is more than welcome. The general outline including team creation is as follows:

1. Team Creation: 1,000,000 crowns. No upgrade, inducements, Star Players, etc. Money remaining after Team Creation CANNOT be carried into the tournament. I.E. Use it or lose it.
  2. Each team will be allocated 70,000 crowns to their treasury before the tournament.
  3. After games #2 and #4 a d4+3 will be rolled (by the T.O.) and each team in the tournament will add this value times 10,000 to their team???s treasury. i.e. d4+3 ?? 10,000 crowns.
  4. The money that is in a team???s treasury may be spent at any time AFTER a match [or After Team Creation] and BEFORE the next match-ups are announced, to purchase player upgrades or additional positional players at the cost listed in the most recent LRB. (no inducements, Star Players, etc. are allowed).
  5. EDIT: Any money remaining in the treasury may be used later on between subsequent rounds in accordance to the rules above
  6. No player may receive more than 3 upgrades at any point during the tournament.
  7. Team injuries ???reset??? after each game. i.e. injuries are erased, but skills remain.

Also, before Spazz asks . . . Yes the new teams will be allowed. In Canada we allow all races to compete equally . . . EXCEPT the Slann, they are not allowed . . . stupid frog-like thingies . . . Twisted Evil

Nah, just kidding they are allowed . . . but they better bring Punch and Pie Razz

Last edited by Eric.R. on Feb 05, 2009 - 04:40 PM; edited 1 time in total

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2009 - 01:52 PM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
[*]Team Creation: 1,000,000 crowns. No upgrade, inducements, Star Players, etc. Money remaining after Team Creation CANNOT be carried into the tournament. I.E. Use it or lose it.
[*]Each team will be allocated 70,000 crowns to their treasury before the tournament.

So doesn't this mean that the teams will have 1,070,000 for the tournament? Or is there going to be some kind of special allowances or limitations for the additional 70K?

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2009 - 02:15 PM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Eric.R. wrote:
[*]Team Creation: 1,000,000 crowns. No upgrade, inducements, Star Players, etc. Money remaining after Team Creation CANNOT be carried into the tournament. I.E. Use it or lose it.
[*]Each team will be allocated 70,000 crowns to their treasury before the tournament.

So doesn't this mean that the teams will have 1,070,000 for the tournament? Or is there going to be some kind of special allowances or limitations for the additional 70K?

DUUUUUUDE!!!!

Did you read the other bits?

You get the 70 to spend after team creation.
So you can use it on players or skills before game 1 but not in combination with any of the cash from the 1,000,000. I.e. you have to make a full legal 11 man roster with no improvements which adds up to 1,000,000. Then you get 70k to spend in anyway you like.
Or you can save the 70k, which is the only bit of money you can hold onto until after game 2 and 4 to spend on new players or skills or apothecaries etc etc It can be spent after game 1, 3 and 5 &6 too as well, depending on if you think that extra +1 ST will help on the ride home after game 6 Smile Smile Smile Laughing

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2009 - 04:14 PM

Canada
wo'evah..... Embarassed

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2009 - 04:18 PM

Canada
Joe I believe you misread Eric's post as well...With each amount of money you receive you must use it before the next matchup's are announced, thus not allowing you to stockpile funds to buy crazy things and impact the games too significantly.

DID you read the other bits properly!!!! LOL

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2009 - 04:50 PM

Vancouver, BC
I am glad to see others are pointing out the fact that reading a post before commenting is a good thing.

Though JRock, Joe is correct. The idea is to allow a treasury that can be used between any game (edit added to original post). But, you will not know who your next opponent will be before you decide to purchase stuff (i.e. rankings will not be announced until after the pairings are done).

If you really think stockpiling cash to help make a run for it in the later games you may find that you cripple you teams against those who have decided to use their cash. Which may lead to not being able to even bother making a run after a couple of loses.

And as Joe also [erroneously I assume] you may wish to purchase upgrades after Game 6, but as their is no Game 7 this strategy, although confusing to opponents, is not advised. But feel free, if you think you are man enough to do so.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2009 - 05:02 PM

Canada
      jrock56 wrote:
Joe I believe you misread Eric's post as well...With each amount of money you receive you must use it before the next matchup's are announced, thus not allowing you to stockpile funds to buy crazy things and impact the games too significantly.

DID you read the other bits properly!!!! LOL

Couple of things here Skippy.....

1) You ARE allowedto stockpile money between games, just not with the initial million. Otherwise you would get players shortchanging their intial roster just to buy more skills before game 1.

2) I think you mean to put the all caps on the "you" as oppose to the "did". At least it would make more sense that way. Just premature I guess. And from what Eric's mom tells me, the Caps Lock key is not the only thing that is..... Laughing

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2009 - 05:45 PM

Canada
Spazz...to think I was actually siding with you, just to be clear here...which is why Eric edited the post, it read as if you had to spend the money before your next match. So piss off with your rubbish ya wanker!!!

The all caps was premature but you just like using the word as it is something you are accustomed to being. Razz

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2009 - 08:03 PM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
And as Joe also [erroneously I assume] you may wish to purchase upgrades after Game 6, but as their is no Game 7 this strategy, although confusing to opponents, is not advised. But feel free, if you think you are man enough to do so.

Teehee, what gave it away, the 3 smiley faces, the laughing face or using the +1 ST to whip lil pup around the ears in the car back to Ottawa?

sounds good to me mate, has fun potential.

You may want to record each Coaches TV for the matches though, as it influences the amount of NAF ranking points which are up for grabs.

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 06, 2009 - 11:23 AM

Vancouver, BC
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
You may want to record each Coaches TV for the matches though, as it influences the amount of NAF ranking points which are up for grabs.

I could, but I am not. The main reason is that if you decide to not spend your Treasury money, it is your own fault if you lose (same reason for no handicap system). The other is to keep the bookkeeping on my behalf as reduced as possible.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 06, 2009 - 11:59 AM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
DUUUUUUDE!!!!

Did you read the other bits?

You know I think Joe's accent induces some sort of Jedi mind powers (and yes it even has the ability to transfer itself through the written word!). The more I thought on this though, the more I am convinced that I was right in the first place.

Eric did say that the initial 1,000,000 was for the team creation. Granted. But it was a bit confusing about the additional 70K because he did not list the stipulations of that until later. Not trying to be too much of a lawyer here, but he should have put the rules for the additional tourney money first and then could have referred to it when he talked about the money that was to be allocated in between rounds.

So DUUUUUUUDE!!!! right back at'ya. (and I even threw an extra "U" in there for good measure to show yout that I am more right than you. So I win!)

Eric, this is not meant to be a slight towards your writing abilities, as these kinds of things are hard to do. It is just me getting a jab in on the smarmy Englishman! Razz

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 06, 2009 - 12:30 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Eric good job, as for Moe , Larry & Curly, err I mean Joe , Spazzy & Lil Puppy, how'd you guys get confused by thos rules, even I understood it.....

Heck even Corky probably did you bunch of stooges! Very Happy

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 06, 2009 - 01:31 PM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
      Notorious_jtb wrote:

I could, but I am not. The main reason is that if you decide to not spend your Treasury money, it is your own fault if you lose (same reason for no handicap system). The other is to keep the bookkeeping on my behalf as reduced as possible.

I take your point.
If you were to record it there would be a NAF rankings advantage to not spend the money as a lower TV coach would get more points or lose less points than thier oponents.

which actually could be a fun theme for a tournament. You could have the cocky types taking teams with low TV to try and get extra ranking points Smile

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic