NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 07, 2024 - 01:33 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Pit Trap! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 - 12:45 PM

Vancouver, BC
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
I guess that just proves historical evidence is flawed. I suspect the range includes 40,000 GC as well

Ah . . . JTB, in North America we use the "new" math. When we modify a range by a constant the lowest value of the NEW range is equal to the constant plus the lowest value of the base range. Razz

Notorious_jtb wrote:
can we reroll the dice for the slide? I.e. if we want to go the extra square can we try and reroll for a 1?

Good point. I would think yes [at this momment] but I willl give it some thought.

Reply with quote Back to top
Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 - 08:38 PM

Vancouver, BC
I crunched the numbers and here is what I found for the chances of success concerning using Re-Rolls for the slide:

• Want to slide w/out a RR - 17%
  • Do not want to slide w/out RR - 83%
  • Do not want to slide w/ RR - 97%
  • Want to slide w/ RR - 31%
  • Want slide w/ GFI w/out RR - 14%
  • Want slide w/ GFI w/ RR - 55%

Looking at the numbers I will say YES, you are free to use your Re-Rolls for the slide however you wish, it is a viable tactic though risky. If you wish to prove the probability wrong, then I hope you are favoured in the eyes of Eris.

Although, keep in mind that you have a 3 in 36 chance (8%) that the weather suites this at the beginning of the game and a further 1.4% chance that it remains (or changes to) Icy Conditions after any further kick-offs. So the likelihood this being a winning strategy is very slim. Possible, though improbable.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 - 09:50 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
So the likelihood this being a winning strategy is very slim. Possible, though improbable.

So Eric is that the reason you have chose to run & not play in the tourney? Wink

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 - 10:00 PM

Canada
Using re-rolls to attempt to roll one's....that's definitely different. Just hope you end up sliding out of bounds or into a Large Monsters tackle zone is all heheheh. I haven't heard of attempting to fail rolls to benefit oneself before but is somewhat unlikely that all the factors will come into play too often, should be fun.

If you are still planning for the 21st of March Eric, you can definitely count me in. I'll talk to a few people and see who else is definitely interested in going. Everything looks good with all the rules you have in place as well Eric. The weather table and gold coins in a treasury ideas will definitely add some flare/drama to the tourney. Take it easy all.

Adam

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 12, 2009 - 07:59 PM

Vancouver, BC
Working on the website: http://rubli.ca/Canadian_Open/

Shadowseer2005Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2009 - 03:41 PM

Spazzfist wrote:
      Eric.R. wrote:
Although I will be going through a big change in my life in the coming weeks, so updates may be more delayed than planned (No I am not going to be a father, or atleast as far as I know Wink ).

No, to be a father would mean that you are actually getting laid! Laughing

I guess no little brother or sister for you spazz since Eric is always with your momma.

Bongo Bowl
www.rubli.ca/bongo-bowl

Power of "1" 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Most CAS
Challenge of Qermitt 2007 - Most CAS

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 14, 2009 - 07:04 PM

Canada
Nice Shadowseer, it's always good to hear other people bustin' balls on Spazzbit**. I can't always be the one to slap him around!!! Very Happy

Adam

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2009 - 05:59 PM

Canada
When it comes to my choice for what team I am taking to the Canadian Open I am like Talon's sphincter after a visit to the Leaf's dressing room: torn! Laughing Laughing Laughing

It doesn't matter which team I bring because I am going to own you b!tches!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2009 - 05:09 PM

Vancouver, BC
Ladies and Gents,

We have confirmation . . . on the venue!!!!

I have updated the website http://rubli.ca/Canadian_Open/ and rulebook to show the location [check it out].

Off Topic PS: Just to let everyone know, after this Friday (Feb. 20th) I will no longer be able to be reached on my cell. So either try the the land line oe email to contact me.

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2009 - 05:55 PM

Canada
Hey Eric, glad to see things are coming together. Is the location the same place Dan held the Bongo Bowl at last year? Right by Dan's house? At least if it is it will only be March and we won't have to deal with sweltering heat the whole time. Razz
I will be there for sure, still trying to round up a few locals to come along. Should be awesome, hopefully it will be after my Daggerbowl victory of course.

Adam

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2009 - 08:13 PM

Vancouver, BC
J-Rock, yes this is the same venue as the Bongo although due to the current climate I highly doubt that we will be playing in Sweltering Heat and, and I doubt is will be a Blizzard either though heating will be provided (as it is a legal requirement).

I hope that you can round up a few of the Ottawa Boyz for this tourney [as it will be a great ego boost to me] and I am sure they can find easy accommodations with the locals.

Can't wait to see everyone again.

Last edited by Eric.R. on Feb 19, 2009 - 08:27 PM; edited 1 time in total

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2009 - 08:26 PM

Vancouver, BC
@ the local BB players: Would any of you be willing to be the "Odd Man Out"? As compensation I will not charge the entrance fee should we need you to play in the tournament (I.E. you will play for free). And, you are welcome to the paid lunch, as well.

I would prefer that I would not have to play in an Odd Man situation if possible as this will be the first tourney that I an running and do not want to be overwhelmed by playing and conducting the booking at the same time.

PS: If there is an Out-of-Towner who wishes to be the OMO, I will not discriminate.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2009 - 12:24 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
I'm not local, but I'll opt out for the odd man out.

I look at it as a win/win situation for me, if I'm not the odd man out I'll play for free (but even then I'll do whatever I can to assist you Eric & if there, Ben).

If I'm the odd man out I'll do as much as is needed to assist in any area of assistance ..... be it Stat Entry, Rulez Monger, Best Team Judge, or whatever ealse, heck I may even (no promises) be able to have my Dad Bagpipe in the Champ! (Ya I'm sure thats over the top, but if that was wanted & he was willing, I'm sure it could be done.)

Also if I was to be the Odd Man Out, I'm sure once my tourney came around that I'd have possibly more people willing to to return the favour to me.

(TRUST ME, AFTER HAVING TO PLAY IN & RUN MY OWN TOURNEY LAST YEAR, I 100% UNDERSTAND THE FRUSTRATIONS OF THE POSSIBILITIES OF HAVING TO PERSONALLY BE THE ODD MAN OUT IN YOUR OWN TOURNEY!!!!)

Even with Eric's great assistance last year with the stats entry, it was still madness playing & running a tourney!

So Eric, I'm willing to be your odd man out, & honestly even if I were to end up playing, I'd probably still pay the entry fee, (just because, as a fellow tourney organiser I fully support the game & its growth!)

So, yes Eric I'll be willing to be your odd man out.

Rod

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2009 - 01:14 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Just an idea if multiple people volunteered to be your odd man out, but still the final decision will be still totally up to you Eric, I just think this idea could add a bit of last minute excitement to the Tourney.

Lets say there was 3 of us willing to be your odd man out. I'll toss 3 names in the air (not asking or insisting anyone mentioned volunteer, just using your name's as examples.)

Lets Say Myself (Clan-Skaven), Spazzfist & Ben all offered to be your odd man out.

Well this is my suggestion, ask all three to bring a team/roster (incase no odd man out was needed), but if an odd man out was needed all 3 would role 3d6 to determin the odd man out (lowest total being odd man out, if needed reroll ties.) I think this way would be better, because if only one predetermined person was to be the odd man out then his/her team/roster may have just been made with no actual real consideration of actually competing & therefore just be a simple non-well planned last minute team/roster.

Personally I just think if there was more than one offer to be your odd man out, then all of those volunteering would most likely consider bringing a real well thought out team/roster to use , since thier chances of being the odd man out (if indeed needed) would therefore actually be greatly reduced.)

Also I'd suggest all those who offered to be your odd man out still have a team to be entered in the the best team compition (even if they are indeed not playing due to being your odd man out.)

THE ONLY STIPULATION I INSIST HERE BE, (for the Coach who (if needed) ends up being the odd man out, that his team/roster entered for best team be the the team/roster orriginally planned to be played in the Tourney, & not a last minute substitution. (I dunno, maybe I'm just being too anal here on this final part.)

Good ideas, or way too much thinking?

Rod

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2009 - 07:30 AM

Canada
WOW Clan Skaven, that was a mouthful!!! and all that discussion just to determine the odd man out. If I lived in town I would be willing Eric but I travel to play in these tourney's and seeing as it will be my first Canadian Open I really want to play, so I won't be able to offer my services as the odd man out.

I should be able to round up at least 3 and possibly 4 people to come with me, just a matter of confirming with them ahead of time. For the location it should be cool as it is close to both Craig and Dan's place, who have both been kind enough to offer us a place to stay. See you Gents soon,

Adam

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic