NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 06, 2024 - 10:38 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
I could really use a re-roll... rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mosalvaOffline
Post subject: New Norse team  PostPosted: Mar 12, 2009 - 08:07 PM

United States of America

We shall soon be closing our winter league and starting the summer
league. I would like to try a Norse team, but last time I played them the rules were very different.

I would like to include the Snow Troll because they are so slow to develop, and two ulfwereners (because I like the idea of clearing the sidelines). But that means giving up on many other position players.

So, any suggestions? How have other norse coaches set up their teams, and what league strategy have they followed?

mosalva

Reply with quote Back to top
FranticOffline
Post subject: RE: New Norse team  PostPosted: Mar 13, 2009 - 12:38 AM

Sweden
The Snowtroll is not a "slow develop" Give him MB as his first skill (break armour on a 7+) After that P-On And if hi is the one you want to blitz with you take Juggernaut as his third skill. After that he could clean the field by him self. Twisted Evil

Q: Are you going to play with 100TR and free FF? If Yes here is my sugestion:

1 Snow Troll 140.000
2 Ulfwerners 220.000
1 Berserkers 90.000
1 Thrower 70.000
6 Linemen 300.000
3 RR 180.000

Total: 1.000.000

Prey that they will survive until you got youre Apothecary.

I Have plyed them once but only half a season. Lost allmost every game (bad dice rolles) so I quit. But a guy in our league are. He´s using his troll to make most of his blitz and thats one cruel Troll.

Have to go to work, but I´ll edit some skill sugestions and his tactics later.

EDIT:

Skill selection

Linemen: Tackle. give one or two dirty player and another one kick. Guard on Double.

Runners: Dodge, Diving Catch (with the expremental rules) On D: Nerves Of Steeel

Berserkers: If you want a hard hitting team give them MB/Piling on. Since they have J-Up you might concider Diving tackle on a Double. If you want them to be on there feets you give them tackle and guard.

Ulfwerners: Block, Guard, Stand Firm Mighty Blow, Tackle. On Double: Sidestep If you dont have stand firm. Then if you hunt one out in the audience you will feel pretty safe at the sideline if they want to get even with you.

IceTroll: Here you can go and make him a serial killer or a helper. The serial killer type I allready explained above. If you want more of a helper you give him Guard, Stand firm. Double: Block

Last edited by Frantic on Mar 15, 2009 - 05:15 PM; edited 1 time in total

bb_nutOffline
Post subject: RE: New Norse team  PostPosted: Mar 13, 2009 - 09:06 AM

England
I would always start with a runner, both teams I have run the runners have became the heart and soul of the team.

BB GT - 26th London Dwarfish 'Dwarfs'
Thrudd Ball - 25th/26th July - London Dwarfish 'Dwarfs'
Albion Coast Cup - 29th/30th August
Exiles Bowl - 13th/14th Spetember

smeborgOffline
Post subject: RE: New Norse team  PostPosted: Mar 13, 2009 - 03:46 PM

I concur with Corax. As the only MA7 players in the team, the Runners are the heart and soul of the team. That Dauntless is verry handy, too. Plus (as late skills) they can get Sure Feet/Sprint on normal rolls, to achieve a very valuable MA of 10 (with GFIs). Sure Hands, Kick-Off Return is worth considering as a starting combo on the Runners.

It is the Throwers that I consider of doubtful value in this team. It is a running team par excellence. Why do you need Throwers?

Mighty Blow is the obvious first skill on the SnoT.

I suggest Break Tackle is the best first skill on the U/Ws, in order to increase their mobility. Then I would suggest Wrestle, Tackle, Pro to make a very reliable cage breaker (one of the best in the game).

Fend looks like the best first skill on the Linemen (to give protection and increase mobility).

The Blitzers build well as slayers (M-Blow, P-On etc.).

Hope this helps.

katadderOffline
Post subject: RE: New Norse team  PostPosted: Mar 16, 2009 - 09:56 AM

Carterton, UK
you take a thrower for the leader reroll Wink

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic