NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 11:27 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Toot Toot rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
coachblacknifeOffline
Post subject: Re: Diving Tackles  PostPosted: Jun 03, 2003 - 10:47 AM

We're going to go one better and just jury-rig teams to test. We'll likely extend this to other fringe skills to see how they fare. Extremes testing and tests againt real league teams will follow...

Incidentely I noticed that of the top 30 teams in fumbbl, Tackle doesn't seem that popular. Odd when most of the top 30 are darn fast teams. Thought this may strengthen my theory that the fast teams are playing a tough game, rather than a flowing one. Again, more research needed...

>groan<

Reply with quote Back to top
skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 03, 2003 - 10:56 AM

From what I hear (and I'm not participating in FUMBBL) a lot of the fast teams just won't accept games against the bashy teams. If you want to have a game, you have to have a roster that the other coach will want to play against. So skills like Tackle and Piling On are highly effective, but if you get a team full of them, you might suddenly find yourself a team without opponents.

-Oscar Wilde

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 03, 2003 - 02:08 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

skummy wrote:
From what I hear (and I'm not participating in FUMBBL) a lot of the fast teams just won't accept games against the bashy teams. If you want to have a game, you have to have a roster that the other coach will want to play against. So skills like Tackle and Piling On are highly effective, but if you get a team full of them, you might suddenly find yourself a team without opponents.

And this is why I like the PBeMBBL system where refusing a challenge is recorded as a loss on your record and a win for the other team. Keeps the game a little more honest.

Galak

pastagaOffline
Post subject: And with Tackle ?  PostPosted: Jun 06, 2003 - 03:32 AM

GalakStarscraper wrote:
      pastaga wrote:
      GalakStarscraper wrote:

8 ) Dodge roll succeeds, DT used, rerolled, Dodge roll succeeds, Dodger runs away, DTer prone

In this case, the DT is used :

Does the -2 AG modificater still effective for the dodge rerolled ?

Yes, the DT modifier if applied to the 1st roll counts for the 2nd.

For exemple, a human catcher is trying to dodge a blitzer who have tacke and diving tackle... the catcher makes "3" at his dodge roll.

My question is : Does the blitzer can use his 2 skills in the same time to push the catcher to be down ?

If it's right I know which skill to give to my dwarf if I do a double for the skill roll Wink

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic