NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 22, 2024 - 10:25 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Smashed Collar Bone! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ThadrinOffline
Post subject: Lincon Swedish Open  PostPosted: Apr 17, 2003 - 10:43 AM

Sweden
I've finally gotten around to posting the details for the tournament to be held in Linköping in about 6 weeks.

All contact details and so on should be up on the tournaments page, if they aren't then drop me a line. Any questions about the actual tournament should be addressed to the organiser.

I still intend organising something in Uppsala at some stage...probably next year. Om jag hinna någon gång...

Reply with quote Back to top
PuckohueOffline
Post subject: NAF-entries at tournament?  PostPosted: May 25, 2003 - 03:40 AM

Will it be possible for tournament participants to join the NAF at the tournament? Personally I think that would be a great idea - we'd have a lot more NAF-members to play against!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 25, 2003 - 11:48 AM

Toronto, ON
That's usually the case, your NTO can tell you more.

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

ThadrinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2003 - 05:28 AM

Sweden
I will have a whole pile of sign up sheets with me...

PuckohueOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2003 - 06:33 AM

Excellent...

NAF member #421
MAFOC member #4
Rabid Ratpack

ThadrinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 31, 2003 - 08:43 AM

Sweden
I had a bloody good time...4 matches that were great fun, 1 match that I really don't remember much of beyond my opponent's orc team shooting themselves in the foot with bad dice rolls and 1 match against a complete a-hole. Still, 12 matches into my open tournament career and only one dickhead is not doing too badly.
Quite chuffed with my 3-1-2 record (even if that one loss did come against the dickhead) against some very good competition.

I'm now seriously considering making Lincon the official NAF Swedish championship tournament from now on. I reckon I have the authority to do that...if ANders will agree to it, because I thought he did a blinding job.

leboxOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 31, 2003 - 12:36 PM

Thadrin wrote:

I'm now seriously considering making Lincon the official NAF Swedish championship tournament from now on. I reckon I have the authority to do that...if ANders will agree to it, because I thought he did a blinding job.

why not preseve it as an open championship so we close by (copenhagen) could come and play you. Smile (I did have other plans for this weekend else I would have been there....) You could then make the best swedish player champion and the rest of us could just have a good time Wink

lebox

ThadrinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 01, 2003 - 12:07 AM

Sweden
Anyone would be welcome to the tournament...it would work the same way the dutch and french open tournaments worked - as you said, the best ranked Swedish player being declared champion.

I reckon that declaring it the official SM would possibly attract more players is all.

reventlovOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 01, 2003 - 09:51 AM

Thanks Thadrin.
It's always great when people appriciate the work I dedicated to the tournament. Maybe I'll be back next year. Hope so but real life may interfere.

The wood elf team won.

You'll get all the results later tonight.

Cheers.

/Reventlov aka Anders the BB organizer at Lincon and still tired after a hard weekend.

PuckohueOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 02, 2003 - 03:49 AM

I had a great time too, and yes, Reventlov did a great job: everything went extremely smooth. Unlike Thadrin I didn't get to meet anyone who wasn't a real nice person.

I have only one thing to complain about: my own match-record: 2/2/2. According to the LinCon point table it placed me in place 17 out of 20... Crying or Very sad

...and using the 3-for-a-win-1-for-a-draw-0-for-a-loss-points it placed me 8 out of 20 Wink

Yes, I spent some time coming up with an explanation for my "home league" friends and girlfriend who all expected me to win, at least. Wink

aka Jacob (played skaven Rabid Ratpack)

NAF member #421
MAFOC member #4
Rabid Ratpack

PuckohueOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 02, 2003 - 04:56 AM

Thadrin wrote:

He did, no doubt about that. However, what's the point in making a specific tournament the Swedish championship tournament? Is it to get someone to send to a European Championship?

Anyway I much prefer the national (or whatever) championship being decided by a national ranking computed by the results of all NAF-sanctioned tournaments in the area (like Sweden, for example).

There's loads of point-scoring-systems used to decide that kind of thing: I remember one giving 0 pts to the winner, 1.7 to the runner up and so on, and a "last place" score for all who don't attend a specific tournament. I could try to find it if you want to.

reventlovOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 03, 2003 - 03:45 AM

Actually Puckohue. If you give 3p for win and 1p for a tie you will end up at 11th place tied with a couple of others.

PuckohueOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 03, 2003 - 04:24 AM

Rolling Eyes You sure caught me there... Cool

NAF member #421
MAFOC member #4
Rabid Ratpack

leboxOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 03, 2003 - 03:01 PM

yes Puckohue we will se how well you play when the league starts up on monday..... Wink

lebox aka eske

ThadrinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 04, 2003 - 08:40 AM

Sweden
      Puckohue wrote:

He did, no doubt about that. However, what's the point in making a specific tournament the Swedish championship tournament? Is it to get someone to send to a European Championship?

1) Bragging rights
2) to get more people interested in coming to the tournament.

Puckohue wrote:

Anyway I much prefer the national (or whatever) championship being decided by a national ranking computed by the results of all NAF-sanctioned tournaments in the area (like Sweden, for example).

There's loads of point-scoring-systems used to decide that kind of thing: I remember one giving 0 pts to the winner, 1.7 to the runner up and so on, and a "last place" score for all who don't attend a specific tournament. I could try to find it if you want to.

Ugh...that would mean an enormous amount more work for me, especially if people go abroad to play in tournaments (for example, if you lot go over the bridge to Copenhagen for a tournament, or me going to Germany, Holland, Britain etc.)

Better to just have a straightforward championship tournament.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic