NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 27, 2024 - 05:20 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Make dodges, not blocks. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: Chaos Cup Sept 25-26,2010 - Chicago USA  PostPosted: Jul 12, 2010 - 08:18 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

With Phil and Mike's help we have a final commitment from GW to hold the event on Sept. 25 and 26 at the Chicago bunker

http://www.thechaoscup.com

Rules summary for the big points:
TV 1.1M you can add one skill or +1 MA or +1 AV to any player for CRP cost (you cannot add the same upgrade more than twice on your team)
CRP + 3 new teams
Inducements allowed excepts Wizards, Mercs, Special Play cards, and Journeymen

Last edited by GalakStarscraper on Jul 14, 2010 - 07:51 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: RE: Chaos Cup Sept 25-26,2010 - Chicago USA  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2010 - 07:21 AM

hum, interesting. Is Podfree coming ?

Anyway, any canadian up for this tourney ?

Lets make a deal: You drive me there, I win, you get your team painted Smile (Pointer, dont loose this opportunity ! )

Wow, just reading the rules... is that for real ? o.O

3) Dice: Before each game you and your opponent both agree to use ONLY ONE set of D6 dice and one set of 3 Block Dice from one of the players for the entire game ... the other player puts his dice away where they cannot be used. If you cannot agree on the dice to be used, a referee will decide by rolling for it. If you are superstitious about people touching your lucky dice ... the tournament would like to suggest that you bring a different set of dice to the tournament that you don't care if other people touch as this rule will be enforced.
4) Miniatures: You will be allowed to use ONLY GW miniatures or figures where over 50% of the figure is from a GW miniature. Figures do not need to be from the Blood Bowl range of miniatures just GW or Citadel in origin. HOWEVER, the figures MUST be READILY identifiable as their positions as determined by the head referee or his assistants. All miniatures must be painted with a minimum of 2 colors and the bases must be decorated or painted or you will not be allowed to play. Also mutations and weapons if you plan on having them on your team ... you MUST have a figure that clearly shows the mutation to take it. You cannot give Claw to a Skaven Blitzer if you don't have a football geared ratman with a Claw for a hand to replace the player without a Claw on your team.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: RE: Chaos Cup Sept 25-26,2010 - Chicago USA  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2010 - 11:20 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Quote:
is that for real

#3: Yes ... only one set of dice per a game period. I got sick many years ago with folks screaming about how lucky an opponent's dice were. So if you are both using the same dice ... then you have nothing to complain about to me. This has been a standard rule for all the events I've run in the last 4 years and most of the ones I've attended in the Midwest (Zlurpee has the same rule last weekend).

#4: This is one of the GW Majors ... it is still sponsered by GW and held at a GW store ... so that means GW's rules and one of those rules is that the miniatures have to be GW.

Galak

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: RE: Chaos Cup Sept 25-26,2010 - Chicago USA  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2010 - 12:49 PM

Well, then the whiners are gonna whine on opponents luck instead of opponents dice Very Happy Does that mean that americans are whining more that europeans ? I can't believe it Very Happy

How many people can play in the GW store ? Could you give updates when the inscriptions will be almost closed (if it's limited).

Last thing to be sure I'm 100% correct:

The rosters are made with 1.1 Million, and then are not changing at all during the tournament, right ?

thanks !

XtremeOffline
Post subject: RE: Chaos Cup Sept 25-26,2010 - Chicago USA  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2010 - 02:56 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
Dino Dice.

nyarlathotepOffline
Post subject: RE: Chaos Cup Sept 25-26,2010 - Chicago USA  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2010 - 03:26 PM
Mekboy

In the earlier years, space was somewhat limited - but the Chicago Bunker has leased the shopfront next door and should have plenty of room for anyone who attends, barring them running a warhammer 40k tournament the same weekend. Hopefully, Valdric and Stout will be able to continue to beat the date into the bunker manager's skull and prevent that.

My Tournament Record

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Chaos Cup Sept 25-26,2010 - Chicago USA  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2010 - 04:46 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Lizardcore wrote:
Well, then the whiners are gonna whine on opponents luck instead of opponents dice Very Happy Does that mean that americans are whining more that europeans ? I can't believe it Very Happy
Xtreme has the true root of this for North American tournaments. The infamous Dino Dice. One player that used to attend a LOT of tournaments had these very old dice that were his favourites. They were not loaded but age had so rounded the corners that they rolled incredibly well for Blood Bowl. I once watched him make 23 consective dodge rolls with a Goblin team in a game to go from end zone to end zone and win the game against me.

The Dino Dice started the discussion amoung the tournament organizers. Then we had GenCon Bowl 2003 were an unknown player walked in and pretty much walked through everyone he faced with his Skaven team to earn the most Game Win points of the tournament. Until Zlurpee Bowl this year GenCon Bowl 2003 was the largest tournament ever held in North America. We had a lot of folks comment about how hot his dice were. That lead to the group of us agreeing that the "hot dice" topic needed to die. So we all went to shared dice. (should be noted that this Skaven player from GenCon Bowl 2003 came back in 2004 and quit after 2 games of losses and never has played in an NAF BB tournament since). Its a dice game ... a tournament organizer ensuring that parity exists with the dice to me is just part of being a good tournament organizer.
      Quote:

How many people can play in the GW store ? Could you give updates when the inscriptions will be almost closed (if it's limited).

As for space ... they have a LOT of space for as many players as we bring ... however ... contacting them or posting that you are coming may be a good thing so we can try and make sure they don't allocate out too much of it to another event.

Quote:
Last thing to be sure I'm 100% correct:

The rosters are made with 1.1 Million, and then are not changing at all during the tournament, right ?
Correct. Most (if not all now) of the Midwest North American tournaments are now non-changing rosters.

Galak

KhailOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Chaos Cup Sept 25-26,2010 - Chicago USA  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2010 - 08:53 PM

United States of America
The Spike! in Vancouver uses the same dice rule, I believe. As does my league, heh. Once is the only time I ever needed to hear someone whine about my dice - this solves the problem.

Commissioner
Rat City Blood Bowl League
Seattle, WA

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Chaos Cup Sept 25-26,2010 - Chicago USA  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2010 - 10:03 PM

United States of America
No one whined about my dice at Zlurpee (Thanks for the Dice Xtreme) as I have 38 turns end in dodge failure with my goblin team.

Jonny_POffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Chaos Cup Sept 25-26,2010 - Chicago USA  PostPosted: Jul 14, 2010 - 10:54 PM

United States of America
Watch the Shaman. He was rolling a bunch of 5-siders at Zlurpee. Mr. Green

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Chaos Cup Sept 25-26,2010 - Chicago USA  PostPosted: Jul 15, 2010 - 11:55 PM

United States of America
      Jonny_P wrote:
Watch the Shaman. He was rolling a bunch of 5-siders at Zlurpee. Mr. Green

all had 1's and 2's

dirielOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 10, 2010 - 01:43 PM

I"m planning on attending if work manages to not interfere. I just have to paint my guys in time....

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic