NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 22, 2024 - 12:21 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Nice: Perfect Blood Bowl weather. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LeipzigerOffline
Post subject: Waterbowl Weekender VI - February 19/20 2011  PostPosted: Aug 04, 2010 - 03:43 AM

England
Hi guys,

I am pleased to announce that the 6th installment of the Waterbowl Weekender will take place on the 19th and 20th February next year.

Sadly, as Sarah has just moved from her job at UMIC, we are no longer able to play in the Egg as we have for the last three years Sad So, our new venue will be the gaming centre at Hallam Mill in Stockport. On the plus side, there is beer available on site and there is space for more players (up to 80 iirc).

The price will remain the same as for previous years (£20 NAF/£25 Non-NAF - this includes NAF membership), but there will be lunch on both days this time Smile Payment via the usual channels: send money as a 'gift' to the account: waterbowl@hotmail.co.uk on paypal or send me a message here if you need to sort out non-paypal payment.

I will post more details later when I have a bit more time, I just wanted to let you know that we have the date & venue sorted Smile. Needless to say, we will be retaining the front loaded skills system and multitude of prizes. We will also have another legacy team to win (check out http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=31325 to participate) and another social Smile

As usual, we will be allowing the first 15 people to pay for their ticket, the chance to choose a song for the glorious Waterbowl CD Smile

THE WATERMONKEY DISCOUNT

Water what, you may ask? Well, for those that don't know, two of the nation's loveliest tournaments (the waterbowl & the monkeybowl) traditionally join forces to offer a discounted entry to both tournaments, and I am delighted to announce that such a thing is happening again this year Very Happy

For just £27 (NAF) or £32 (Non-NAF), you get 12 great games of blood bowl and get to enjoy two of the UK's best tournaments. You also get the chance to play for the watermonkey trophy, which is given to the player that performs best over the two tournaments.

The date for the Monkeybowl is yet to be annnounce, but once it is I will get the dates on here.

If, at that time, you have paid for the waterbowl and decide you want to watermonkey, you can just top up your payment then.

If you just wish to attend the Monkeybowl, then send payment to Pippy.

Interested

1: Leipziger *paid* (WM 1)
2: Stanrichardson *paid*
3: Gorgoroth *paid*
4: Gorbad *paid*
5: Beanbag *paid*
6: Nipples *paid*
7: Big_Pete *paid*
8: Pippy *paid*
9: Joemanji *paid* (WM 2)
10: Schmee *paid*

11: Sizzling Gromril Very Happy
12: WilburS
13: Chosen Gobbo
14: Behindu
15: Polar Bear
16: Purplegoo
17: Zoglug

I'll put up a proper accommodation thread later, but I want you to know that there is a Premier Inn pretty much around the corner from the Waterbowl venue.

Bamford Arms
73 Buxton Road, Stockport SK2 6NB
0161 480 2968‎

This is a Premier Inn with 42 rooms. If you phone up and book using the code BogdanNGR, it is £40 a night, including breakfast (this would normally cost £60)

I'm advising you of this now, as I know there is another event on at the gaming centre on the same weekend.

Last edited by Leipziger on Aug 04, 2010 - 08:33 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
LeipzigerOffline
Post subject: RE: Waterbowl Weekender VI - February 19/20 2011  PostPosted: Aug 04, 2010 - 05:16 AM

England
Can a mod sticky this, please Smile ?

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic