NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 05, 2024 - 11:18 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Interception! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MiloOffline
Post subject: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Aug 16, 2010 - 08:47 AM

Switzerland
Can someone tell me whom the regional coordinator for the US is? I'd like to talk to them about setting up a tournament, and getting some dice packs to register new NAF members at the event. Unfortunately, the FAQ says:

Quote:
Who do I contact if I want to run a tournament?

Contact your Regional Tournament Co-ordinator, or contact the Tournament Director if there is no RTC for your region.(see the Contact Us page for email addresses of our current RTCs).

But the 'contact us' link just goes to an email address, and I haven't gotten a response to the email I sent there yet.

Milo

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number 
Reply with quote Back to top
RoddersOffline
Post subject: RE: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Aug 16, 2010 - 10:13 AM

Undisclosed

xtreme jkarr or valdric are your guys

pretty sure xtreme will be along soon

unless he's podcasting

southern UK RTC

I voted

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Aug 16, 2010 - 11:25 AM

Canada
Please say that you are organizing it in Michigan or New York State! There a lot of us Canadians who would love to cross the border for some U.S., tourneys but they are all so far away!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

XtremeOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Aug 16, 2010 - 02:18 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
      Spazzfist wrote:
Please say that you are organizing it in Michigan or New York State! There a lot of us Canadians who would love to cross the border for some U.S., tourneys but they are all so far away!

But it is sooo worth it to attend Zlurpee Bowl. Wink

Talked to Milo via email.

flyingdingleOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Aug 16, 2010 - 08:18 PM

United States of America

Spazzfist wrote:

I've got one in the Detroit area in October. Now that i'm coming to Niagara in September, you guys may be duty bound to come to Detroit in October Smile

Here's the link:

http://zlurpeebowl.com/Forums/viewforum.php?f=109

MiloOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Aug 17, 2010 - 09:40 AM

Switzerland
Sorry, Spazz, I'm in North Carolina, far from Michigan or New York. But I have family in Michigan, so I may occasionally make it up there for any events that are scheduled there. (I played in the Underworld Cup in 2006, I think.)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number 
SierraKiloBravoOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Aug 17, 2010 - 03:34 PM

Dublin CA
Is there an approval process that I have to go through after submitting a tournament to the schedule? First time running a tourney and I don't see it showing up on the list yet. It has a status of "NEW." Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

XtremeOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Aug 17, 2010 - 08:09 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
PM sent.

DrunkZombieOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Aug 20, 2010 - 10:59 AM

United States of America
Someday I want to start a tournament in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area. However I want some more experience attending them first, so it will be a few years. There are no tournaments in MN that I know of. The closest ones are in Wisconsin and Illinois.

Is Minneapolis close enough to any Canadians for them to be interested in attending?

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Aug 20, 2010 - 01:32 PM

Canada
The only larger cities close to Minneapolis are Thunder Bay, Winnipeg and Sault Ste. Marie. Thunder Bay is about 500 km away, and Winnipeg/Sault Ste. Marie are approximately 625. Both are driveable for weekend tournaments. But unsure of the BB communities in those areas, but who knows.

crusharOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Aug 22, 2010 - 01:26 AM

I also am running a tournament in Albuquerque New Mexico at Rio Grande Wars (http://www.riograndewars.org). It's only a two day event but we also have a Blood Bowl League starting up here now as well.

So if the Regional coordinator could PM or email me. I too would like to see what we can do about making this a "sanctioned" event.

Jonny_POffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Aug 23, 2010 - 01:07 PM

United States of America
      Milo wrote:
(I played in the Underworld Cup in 2006, I think.)

2nd place....losing to Xtreme in the final if I recall!

Had a great time running that tournament. Met Sol there for the first time too! Wink

nyarlathotepOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Aug 23, 2010 - 04:01 PM
Mekboy

crushar wrote:
I also am running a tournament in Albuquerque New Mexico at Rio Grande Wars (http://www.riograndewars.org). It's only a two day event but we also have a Blood Bowl League starting up here now as well.

So if the Regional coordinator could PM or email me. I too would like to see what we can do about making this a "sanctioned" event.

This makes me happy - I have some land in New Mexico and was hoping there would be something going on within driving distance when I move there.

My Tournament Record

MiloOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Aug 23, 2010 - 08:27 PM

Switzerland
      Jonny_P wrote:
      Milo wrote:
(I played in the Underworld Cup in 2006, I think.)

2nd place....losing to Xtreme in the final if I recall!

Had a great time running that tournament. Met Sol there for the first time too! Wink

Yep, that was me. Good for 21st place nationally with Skaven. =) I had a great time at that tournament, too. It's one of the events I'm keeping in mind when planning my own event. Hopefully someday I'll get a chance to have another crack at Xtreme.

NorseOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Aug 27, 2010 - 11:07 AM

United States of America
Milo, when you thinking of running your event?? - having stopped in NC a couple of times en route to Orlando, it's an area I would like to spend more time in at some point in the future. Raleigh and Durham seem lovely..

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic