NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 05, 2024 - 01:41 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Rock n Roll rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MiloOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Aug 27, 2010 - 02:32 PM

Switzerland
Well, I'm looking right now at a date in Mid-November. I should know by Monday if that date will be firm. Otherwise it's back to the drawing board, although I will probably still be aiming for the October-November time frame.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number 
Reply with quote Back to top
dajebrizaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2010 - 08:18 PM

To any tournament organizers:

I'm currently stationed in Korea with the military and they make coins over here very cheaply, compared to back in the U.S. or elsewhere in the world. For a batch of 100 coins (about the size of a poker chip, but you can get them larger, smaller, or odd shapes), different artwork on both sides, they run about $3.50 a coin, which is fairly reasonable if you were to add that to a membership package, or you can sell them as souvenirs for anywhere from $5 to $10 each if you want to make a profit.

One cool thing about using them for a blood bowl tournament is that you could unveil them at the coin toss and let the winner of the toss keep the coin, (and then sell them to those who want one or another one). It would be a great to have your tournament logo on one side with the date and some blood bowl artwork on the back like block dice symbols, spiked footballs (come to think of it, the coin itself could be shaped like a spiked football), etc. Endless possibilities...

Since I am in Korea right now, I would be more than happy to offer my services to anyone who wants to have a batch of coins made for their tournament. I will facilitate the order and ship them to you when they are done for whatever the actual shipping cost will be. I won't charge any fees, so you will get the exact cost the shop gives me (I may however want to keep just one coin for myself as payment!).

Prices per coin go down when you order more than 100. I just placed an order for a friend for some military coins and 200 of them were $620, but they had some special diamond cut edges so they were more than just a basic coin.

If you want to see the kind of work the shop does, they have a web site: www.songscoin.com

I am not affiliated with the shop in any way, so I am not advertising for them.

Please contact me if you would like any help! I'm a Blood Bowl lover so I would enjoy helping folks out with their tournaments!

dajebrizaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2010 - 08:24 PM

Oh, I also forgot to mention they make patches over here very cheaply too, so a bulk order of embroidered patches would be pretty reasonable and would also make a great hand-out for a tournament. I can easily help with orders like that too.

MiloOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2010 - 10:28 AM

Switzerland
      Norse wrote:
Milo, when you thinking of running your event?? - having stopped in NC a couple of times en route to Orlando, it's an area I would like to spend more time in at some point in the future. Raleigh and Durham seem lovely..

Norse, I have a firm date now. We're running our event in November, on the weekend of the 13th and 14th. It's not going to be located in Raleigh-Durham -- I opted for an event at an established Convention rather than booking my own venue, and this venue is located in High Point, which is roughly halfway between Charlotte and the RDU area.

We'd love to have you in attendance. I'll get the Best Painted team award prepared for you. =)

Milo

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number 
NorseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 02, 2010 - 04:51 AM

United States of America
Hi Milo,

I won't be able to attend this year I'm afraid, but if you get around to doing a summer follow up, count me in! Very Happy

flyingdingleOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Sep 23, 2010 - 03:03 AM

United States of America

Jonny_P wrote:
      Milo wrote:
(I played in the Underworld Cup in 2006, I think.)

2nd place....losing to Xtreme in the final if I recall!

Had a great time running that tournament. Met Sol there for the first time too! Wink

I lost my ass to Xtrema at that one as well, but I think I kicked JP's ass if I remember right Twisted Evil

nyarlathotepOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Sep 23, 2010 - 06:56 AM
Mekboy

flyingdingle wrote:
      Jonny_P wrote:
      Milo wrote:
(I played in the Underworld Cup in 2006, I think.)

2nd place....losing to Xtreme in the final if I recall!

Had a great time running that tournament. Met Sol there for the first time too! Wink

I lost my ass to Xtrema at that one as well, but I think I kicked JP's ass if I remember right Twisted Evil

JP (Main Guy) ran the Underworld Cup '06.

But looking back, apparently he was his own odd-man.

Confused Shocked

My Tournament Record

Jonny_POffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Organizing a US tournament  PostPosted: Sep 26, 2010 - 06:09 PM

United States of America
I was....and technically I had most casualties with my Norse, but just couldn't award it to myself.

Sucks, because I've never had a Most Casualties award since then. Surprised

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic