NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 05, 2024 - 01:29 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Griff fancies Zara! Heard it from Varag..... rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 19, 2010 - 12:52 PM

Canada
Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply with quote Back to top
jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 19, 2010 - 12:52 PM

Canada
Just spoke to Glenn about Best Team award. We are of the same opinion on how we'll do this. The 2 rules that make the most sense are that the person whose team is nominated must be in attendance at that tournament to accept the award. The other being that they cannot have already won the award at that tournament with the same team.

@ Taxal, with regards to your Vamp team I would think that at other tournaments other than Deathbowl it would be acceptable for them to win best team again. If you prefer that not be the case that's up to you but from an organizer standpoint I don't see it being a problem. Reason being that each tournament has it's own voting and players will vote differently seeing as there will be some different players at each tournament. Granted the core group of us that attend is largely the same year to year.

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 19, 2010 - 12:58 PM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
You know, one of the reasons that we started the whole "Best Team" award was because the same people were winning the "Best Painted" award at every tournament (with the same team). Once you have won it, then accept that you made an amazing team and don't feel the need to monopolize the prize at every other tournament!

I totally agree with you in the sense of "monopolizing the prize" as there is a line that needs to be drawn before it becomes excessive.

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 19, 2010 - 01:22 PM

Undisclosed
Having been a bridesmaid for Best Team maybe about as many times as Talons has been bridesmaid for 1st overall, I would be disappointed to have come out for a tournament after working on a team only to see the award go to someone who wasn't even there. Having run painting contests at Games Workshop, we would ask that the person be present when the award was given as there would be a lot of people who would come out and wait to see if they won. Finding out you came in second to someone who dropped off their mini two days before and wasn't there to collect would be a bit of a slap in the face. Not to mention that we would have to hold onto the prize for who knows how long before the winner would collect.

I agree with having the winner present at the tournament to accept the trophy. You have to be there for every other award (except the Wooden Spoon... Tristan), so why not this one?

Regarding winning Best Team with the same team at more than one tournament, I'm not opposed to that as I think it was mentioned that different tournaments may have different criteria to win. Though I would think that if I ever do win a best team, I would only feel right winning again with something else. Though that would be to try and prove that I'm not a one trick pony.

Just my two cents. Oh, and after thinking about it, I don't think that anyone could be a Blood Bowl bridesmaid as many times as Talons.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 19, 2010 - 01:31 PM

Canada
the one aspect people seem to be overlooking is that this whole "monopolizing" best team award was occuring afew years back, when it was simply "best painted" and there were less coaches coming out to tournaments. I would say the caliber of painting and conversions had drastically increased in quality even in the few years since I have started playing in tournaments. Since then, people have been creating some pretty awesome teams and the occurance of repeat winners has decreased drastically because of this.

When I won best painted at Sweetbun I was ecstatic because I had put alot of effort into them. If Mike Olson had brought his Slann, and were disqualified because they had won at another tournament, and I won instead, I would not be as excited because I would want to know I beat him fair and square, not on a technicality.

I agree with Adam, the winner should be in attendance and not have won at that specific tournament previously. But eliminating a team because it won the trophy at another tournament, to me, just means that the winner of that tournament had less competition to win it.

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 19, 2010 - 02:06 PM

Undisclosed
      Dwarfrunner wrote:
But eliminating a team because it won the trophy at another tournament, to me, just means that the winner of that tournament had less competition to win it.

Well put! It is for this reason why I have put effort into improving my painting over the years. I would love to hang a trophy over Spazz's head for winning best team over him! I don't want him disqualified for winning at another tourney. That would take away from my eventual victory over him. You can bet it's coming Spazz!

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 19, 2010 - 02:14 PM

Canada
Fully agree with the winner has to be there aspect. Just something that I wanted to bring up and did not mean for it to turn into a big discussion, but at least we are all getting it out and organized. I fully agree with people winning multiple times with the same team as long as its at a different tournament. For myself once I win with a team I would rather not be up for it again like I said, especially with in the core tournaments in Ontario/Quebec.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 19, 2010 - 02:15 PM

Canada
      Zap_Rowsdower wrote:
You can bet it's coming Spazz!

In your dreams bridesmaid! Laughing

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 19, 2010 - 10:14 PM

Vancouver, BC
I do agree with the above, aswell.

But looking back, I find it interesting that these are the exact rules that Pete laid out for his tourney and the majority of people [who voiced opinions] where against them . . . but now we are all in agreement . ? . ? . what changed in 6 months . ? . ? . ?

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 20, 2010 - 04:51 AM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:

But looking back, I find it interesting that these are the exact rules that Pete laid out for his tourney and the majority of people [who voiced opinions] where against them . . . but now we are all in agreement . ? . ? . what changed in 6 months . ? . ? . ?
\

Well. technically we are not all in agreement. Daggers is saying that one team should be allowed to win at more than one tournament, but not the same one twice. Dan agrees with that, but says that it is his preference to not submit his for more than one award, and I say that it should not be considered for more than one award.

I don't know what changed. I was always of this mind, and if you tell me otherwise then then only thing that changed was your memory! Razz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 20, 2010 - 06:05 AM

Canada
I think eric isnt reading the entire string of messages. I am with Spazz that we are not agreeing on much right now. I think we can agree that we agree to have a painting award, and that there should be restrictions for previous winners. Other than that, its all up in the air.

Back on topic.....THREE DAYS TIL DEATHBOWL!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 20, 2010 - 06:15 AM

Canada
Just found out that it might be possible I will not have Spazz's Slann team and if that is the case my Khemri team is going to be coming out of retirement. So with that .......I think we can agree that we all agree that I will kick some a$$ this weekend.

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 20, 2010 - 07:55 AM

Canada
      Taxal wrote:
Just found out that it might be possible I will not have Spazz's Slann team and if that is the case my Khemri team is going to be coming out of retirement. So with that .......I think we can agree that we all agree that I will kick some a$$ this weekend.

There is still a Slann team available if you would like Taxal, just let me know....as far as kicking some a$$ this weekend that is highly doubtful unless it is your own of course Wink

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 20, 2010 - 07:57 AM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:

For Glenn and I, we just discussed it briefly and thought it better to have a firm decision in place before the tourney to eliminate that grey area/on the fence issue.

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 20, 2010 - 08:05 AM

Canada
Please if you can Adam that would be great.

Thanks

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic