NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 05, 2024 - 03:38 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Talk Blood Bowl is down. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CCKO 2011-- January 29th&30th--Ottaw  PostPosted: Nov 02, 2010 - 10:50 AM

Canada
Absolutely, it tries to recreate the draft concept from NA sports with "help" for the least successful to aid parity. It is pretty fun!

There is one set of each improvement for every 12 players or part thereof.
This allows each coach to pick 4 improvements (one in each round).

Reply with quote Back to top
GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CCKO 2011-- January 29th&30th--Ottaw  PostPosted: Nov 02, 2010 - 12:29 PM

I don't follow, you say the draft happens after round 3, how many skills do they get to pick in the draft?

The picks snake back and forth 4 times, so they get to pick 4 skills total? Can they only take normal skills, or can the last place player take Block first and give it to their Big Guy for example?

How long does it normally take to run through it?

Jon

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CCKO 2011-- January 29th&30th--Ottaw  PostPosted: Nov 02, 2010 - 01:34 PM

Canada
Pick 4 skills.
1 per round.
Draft order is the same each round.
Can draft block for your big guys.
Stat increases are available.
Can't draft skills for players who could not get them on a normal or doubles roll. E.g no mutations for humans/dwarfs etc.
Time depends on number of coaches. We have done it for a few years now so we are pretty fast, and we often say just 30 seconds per pick too. maybe under an hour these days.

From the 2010 ruleset

"Skills Draft

After the third game, there will be a skills draft where
coaches may select new skills/improvements. A
coach may only select improvements which are
accessible to their race through normal skill selection.
No player may gain more than two
skills/improvements during the tournament from
whatever source.
Each coach will be given one minute to pick a
skill/improvement. If the coach does not pick within
that one minute, they lose their spot and the next
coach picks. The coach will get to pick a skill at the
end of the round rather at their selection time. Each
coach may pick one skill/improvement per round.
There will be four rounds in the draft; therefore each
coach will select four skills/improvements.
The draft order will be seeded by tournament position
at the end of play after the third game. Only
tournament points from gaming will be used to
determine ranking. The team with the lowest ranking
will pick first and the other coaches will follow in
reverse ranking order, i.e. first place will chose last,
and last place will chose first in each and every
round. The draft order will be the same for each
round.
For each 12 players, or part thereof, there will be one
full set of skills and improvements available for the
draft. Because of the limited number of skills
available during the draft, the lower ranked coaches
will have a better chance to select the more sought
after skills, (i.e. stat increases, block, dodge, guard),
while the higher ranked coaches will be forced to be
choose less common skills. The result of this will
hopefully give the lower ranked coaches a chance to
make their way back up the ranks, and also result in
less common skills combinations being selected for
some teams."

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CCKO 2011-- January 29th&30th--Ottaw  PostPosted: Nov 02, 2010 - 01:50 PM

Cool sounds quite interesting, thanks for explaining it.

Jon

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CCKO 2011-- January 29th&30th--Ottaw  PostPosted: Nov 02, 2010 - 09:00 PM

Canada
JTB was the one that came up with the initial concept. Once refined, it is actually quite interesting. And its been going on for 4 (?) years now, so any kinks seemed to have been worked out.

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CCKO 2011-- January 29th&30th--Ottaw  PostPosted: Nov 04, 2010 - 03:04 PM

Shit, I'm gonna endup with diving catch / accurate / sprint and strong arm -_-'

I'll be probably away at the end of april, so unable to defend my Qermitt title. Therefore, I need to win nother canadian tournament. The dates are not to bad so far, so I can still dream of making it to kick some east cost asses Wink

Just to be sure:

the team is TV 110, so only players / RR / FF / cheerleader / assit can be purchased, right ?

and then we have 80k on top of that to buy skills.

jrock56Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CCKO 2011-- January 29th&30th--Ottaw  PostPosted: Nov 04, 2010 - 05:47 PM

Canada
Hey Lizardcore,

The TV is 1100k TOTAL. You can build your team with 1020K and use the 80K to purchase skills if you like. Some people go with an extra player or reroll instead but most take 4 regular skills with the money. Hope you can make it out so you can be brought back down to earth!! Razz

jrock56Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CCKO 2011-- January 29th&30th--Ottaw  PostPosted: Jan 04, 2011 - 07:51 PM

Canada
Happy New Year to all and with the new year we get closer to kicking off the 2011 Bloodbowl Season. Everything is ready to go for the upcoming CCKO Tourney. Just finalizing a couple of things with Glenn over the next couple days and we're good to go. The ruleset has not changed since last year so everyone knows. For a brief overview you can look at CCKO under the upcoming tournies section. The website is currently "under construction" from what Eric has said and will hopefully be open for pre-registration soon. Looking forward to kicking off a new year of Bloodbowl with you all on the 29th-30th of January!! If anyone has any questions or concerns feel free and I'll get back to you asap.

Take care everyone,

Adam

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CCKO 2011-- January 29th&30th--Ottaw  PostPosted: Jan 05, 2011 - 07:09 AM

damn it !

I can't come it's the NHL All-Star game WE... no, just kidding, I'm like those lame coaches that rather watch TV than go to tournaments Wink

jrock56Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CCKO 2011-- January 29th&30th--O  PostPosted: Jan 06, 2011 - 07:58 PM

Canada
      Lizardcore wrote:
damn it !

I can't come it's the NHL All-Star game WE... no, just kidding, I'm like those lame coaches that rather watch TV than go to tournaments Wink

Funny guy you are Lizardcore Razz All else that is on that weekend is the Pro Bowl, which nobody really cares about

jrock56Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CCKO 2011-- January 29th&30t  PostPosted: Jan 06, 2011 - 08:02 PM

Canada
Hey Gents,

Eric has the website up and running again and has reset the registration page so you are all able to sign up again. As a sidenote the date on the tourney website is last year's date currently so please disregard. The tourney is scheduled for the 29th and 30th of January 2011. If you can please register when you have a chance, so we have a rough idea as to who is able to make it and can plan accordingly. Thank you in advance and I hope to see many of you in the coming months of the 2011 Bloodbowl Season, Take care,

Adam

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CCKO 2011-- January 29th&30t  PostPosted: Jan 07, 2011 - 11:26 AM

Canada
Adam, you may want to change your signature so its links to the CCKO now, not Deathbowl.

jrock56Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CCKO 2011-- January 29th&  PostPosted: Jan 07, 2011 - 12:58 PM

Canada
      Dwarfrunner wrote:
Adam, you may want to change your signature so its links to the CCKO now, not Deathbowl.

Good idea Dwarfrunner, had thought about it previously but the website was down at that point Wink

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CCKO 2011-- January 29th  PostPosted: Jan 10, 2011 - 11:11 AM

OK ! It looks like I'm almost sure to be coming, my girlfriend might be visiting ottawa with her friends during the tourney. So I might need somewhere to sleep (she'll just drop me on friday night and pick me back on sunday after the tourney). Anybody kind enough to have me over ? I'm french but I don't smell cheese Smile

And I ight need to borrw an undead team as well Smile

Finally, I'd like to purchase some dungeonbowl pitches, any left ? probably 2 or 3.

thanks !

PS: my email to contact me : lizardcore at gmail.com

jrock56Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CCKO 2011-- January 29th  PostPosted: Jan 15, 2011 - 01:40 PM

Canada
Two Weeks and counting!!! Can't wait, see you all soon.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic