NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 05:29 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Dodge this! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
OventaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 09, 2011 - 06:21 AM

Undisclosed
Is there already a plan when registration is possible?
Since I would prefer to book travel only after confirmation.

Thanks

Cheers
Oventa

Reply with quote Back to top
PipeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 14, 2011 - 08:04 AM

England
Just to keep you in the loop re the date for ticket sales... we aim to put them on sale some time in early-mid February, in keeping with the usual time GW's Blood Bowl GT tickets are available each year.

We will give you plenty of advanced notice re the ticket sale date / how you will be able to pay.

battlepuppyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 29, 2011 - 06:43 AM

Scotland

Thank you to all NAF staff in advance for this. I'm so looking forward to this tourney, I have a custom team constructed and painted just for it.

Andrew

PipeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2011 - 06:24 AM

England
It is with pleasure that I can bring you details about how to pay and reserve your place for the NAF Championship! Smile

This excerpt from the NAFC rulespack (which will be available on-line in full early next week) gives you all the information you need:

There is a limited capacity at Warhammer World. Therefore places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets will go on sale on Thursday 10th February at 0800 GMT. They can be purchased by PayPal only and are priced at £40 each.

To reserve your place please send PayPal payment to thenafchampionship@gmail.com. Each entrant must provide their full name, current email address and current telephone number. NAF members must also provide their NAF name and NAF number.

You will receive immediate confirmation of your payment by PayPal. Once we have received your payment and all information as above, the NAF will send you an e-ticket confirming your place. This may take a few days to arrive. You must print this e-ticket and show it to the organisers at registration.

Hope to see you there!

Brendan

DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2011 - 11:55 AM
Former President

England
Why a weekday? GW sales used to be on a Sunday. At 8.00 am Thurs 10th I'm going to be hard at work on a building site with no internet access. Should it sell out in hours (as it used to in the 'good old days') I (and I'm sure others) will have no chance. It's exactly the same concern I raised with the initial NAF WC 'first come first served' proposal that was scheduled for a weekday lunchtime. Is there any good reason why the timing of the sale should be a weekday during working hours?
( Example: The annual mad scramble for Glastonbury tickets always takes place on a Sunday morning for the simple reason that it disadvantages as few people as possible.)

PipeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2011 - 01:59 PM

England
Hi Woody

I take your point but whatever time/day we put them on sale, someone will always be inconvenienced. Some work evenings / weekends or have other commitments. A lot of our potential entrants go away for whole weekends at a time rolling dice Wink . Joking aside, you can't please everyone...

The facility does exist for people to buy for others. So if for some reason one person has difficulty paying for whatever reason, we would accept payment from another on their behalf.

DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2011 - 03:07 PM
Former President

England
Thanks Pippy. I realize that you can't possibly please all of the people all of the time, but you can try as please as many as possible. It just seems a particularly odd time. A majority of people in the UK will be at work, travelling to work or rushing to get out for work. I just wondered if there's any particular reason for that time?

PipeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 03, 2011 - 02:46 PM

England
I hope it doesn't cause too much inconvenience. We intended the opposite and, as importantly, to keep a healthy gap between this and NAFWC payment.

PipeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 03, 2011 - 02:48 PM

England
      battlepuppy wrote:
Thank you to all NAF staff in advance for this. I'm so looking forward to this tourney, I have a custom team constructed and painted just for it.

Andrew

Great stuff. Hope you enjoy it as much as we're all looking forward to it. Smile

be4chOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 04, 2011 - 12:20 PM

England
Where do I find my NAF number to include with the payment. I've checked my membership details, profile and confirmation email from when I joined but can't see anything like a NAF number?

Edit:

Don't worry, I've found it

starblaydeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 07, 2011 - 04:50 AM

Pippy wrote:
To reserve your place please send PayPal payment to thenafchampionship@gmail.com.

(Copied over from TFF, just to make sure it's seen - despite it probably being a stupid question I don't want to invalidate a payment with the wrong option)

Which of the seven payment options (ok, 6, as admittedly it's not eBay Items) do we use?

1. Purchase - Goods
  2. Purchase - Services
  3. Personal - Gift
  4. Personal - Personal payment owed
  5. Personal - Household expense
  6. Personal - Other

PipeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 07, 2011 - 09:29 AM

England
Purchase of services seems most appropriate.

lunchmoneyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 07, 2011 - 11:42 AM

England
      Pippy wrote:
Purchase of services seems most appropriate.

Doesnt PAYPAL take a percentage if you use that option?
Not that I'm against mega-corps taking their cut, but they get enough of my money via eBay.

PipeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 07, 2011 - 01:02 PM

England
It would take a small percentage from the recipient of the money, not the person sending money.

PipeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 07, 2011 - 02:55 PM

England
NAF Championship rules can be found here:
http://thenaf.net/downloads/naf_champ.pdf

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic